Android OS Forum banner
21 - 40 of 55 Posts
Discussion starter · #21 ·
Hooray For CM7!

Discussion starter · #23 ·
LOL Eric You're Too Much.(In A Good Way)

Extract The vold.fstab And Place It In /System/etc

All This Does Is Swaps The Internal With The SD Card, Making Your SD Card The Internal Memory.

There Is No SD Card Problem.

Attachments

Discussion starter · #28 ·
Correct, Your SD Card Will Become The Internal Memory. So When You Go Into Root Explorer Or What You Use, Your SD Card Will No Longer Be "sdcard-ext" It Will Be Just "sdcard".

Reactions: BBEvolution
I just want to point out that while it's a useful hack when you're trying to port stuff from another phone to your x2, it becomes inherently a bad idea. Looks good on paper and it does work buyer there's a host of hidden problems doing this.

My advice, just say no kids.

juhde said:
I just want to point out that while it's a useful hack when you're trying to port stuff from another phone to your x2, it becomes inherently a bad idea. Looks good on paper and it does work buyer there's a host of hidden problems doing this.

My advice, just say no kids.
Still probably better then stock rom, the again this is a port of a port so idk,

well got myself into a little trouble, installed that file then had second thoughts after reading that last post. removed the file from etc and by accident turned the phone on connected to power, it rebooted into recovery and i chose reboot well it rebooted an when i went back into root exp to check the sdcard it says that there is no card mounted an no info shows. Im sweatin bullits some help would be appreciated!!!!!!!!! does this file exist normally on the card, tried to drop the file back on the card but the desktop does not see the sdcard.

BBEvolution said:
well got myself into a little trouble, installed that file then had second thoughts after reading that last post. removed the file from etc and by accident turned the phone on connected to power, it rebooted into recovery and i chose reboot well it rebooted an when i went back into root exp to check the sdcard it says that there is no card mounted an no info shows. Im sweatin bullits some help would be appreciated!!!!!!!!! does this file exist normally on the card, tried to drop the file back on the card but the desktop does not see the sdcard.
Do you have a back up and an and micro sd card reader, if so but the back up on ur internal memory go into cwr and restore

Discussion starter · #33 ·
I Can Give You The Original vold.fstab To Just Replace It Again And See If That Works...?

Attachments

Thanks for responding, Used my brain and restored from a previous b/u. My only worry was that i some how lost all info on the ext and lost the b/u file!!! Well I sucked it up and took a chance it restored. I guess the file i deleted was the original and not the replacement file!! What do you think?

"BBEvolution said:
Thanks for responding, Used my brain and restored from a previous b/u. My only worry was that i some how lost all info on the ext and lost the b/u file!!! Well I sucked it up and took a chance it restored. I guess the file i deleted was the original and not the replacement file!! What do you think?
Im glad ur functional atm

Discussion starter · #36 ·
It's Definitely Possible, But I Honestly Don't Know What You Did. Just Thrilled You're Back U + R.

Discussion starter · #38 ·
As Far As Drawbacks No Idea. Unless He's Referring To When Installing Apps That You Need To Change The Path In Which It's Stored, Removing The -ext Part But When I'm Using Root Explorer And I Wanna Go Into My SD Card It Would Piss Me Off When I First Got The Phone That I Couldn't Remember That The DX2 Had It Listed As -ext.

So in essence you would have to change from auto select to sdcard when installing apps. Do you still have to change the file name manually!!!! Does the system automatically see that there is no sd/ext and install to sd. Make me smart Mikey

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Discussion starter · #40 ·
What I Meant By Changing The Save Location Is That For Me I Like Everything Saved On My SD Card. Example Titanium Backup By Default It's Installed To See "sdcard-ext" Which With This "Hack" Is Now The Internal Memory Of The Phone Requiring Me To Remove The "-ext". Your Phone Now Sees Your SD Card As Internal Memory By Default. Leaving Your True Internal Memory Listed As "sdcard-ext" That Means I Have 4GB Of Space There Which I Never Intend To Use. It's Just Basically A Swap Of The Internal Memory And SD Card.

21 - 40 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.