Android OS Forum banner
41 - 55 of 55 Posts
Discussion starter · #42 ·
I Really Don't Know As I'm By No Means A Developer, I'm Simply A Messenger Trying My Best To Educate People On What I Know. I Wouldn't Believe So Because What Happens When You Remove The SD Card, Would It Be Possible That Other Programs Become Corrupted Because Files Are Missing Now... I Don't Know Just A Theory.

Discussion starter · #44 ·
I Had CM7 On My OG Droid It Was Great. BAMF Is On My Brothers Thunderbolt. It's All About Preference. That Affinity You're Referring About I Haven't Read Yet I Haven't Been Over To XDA Yet.

I think Affinity is just a take off of Minimal X, he states he is adding some necess. bloat, features that were left out but wanted in Min X. I come from 4 years of Blackberry hell so I have a lot of questions. How does CM7 differ from the current offerings? You don't seem to be very excited about BAMF or maybe its just my perception. If I'm being a pain in the a$$ just say the word and I'll back off!!

Discussion starter · #46 ·
Here's Info About CM
"CyanogenMod, is a customized, aftermarket firmware distribution for several Android devices. Based on the Android Open Source Project, CyanogenMod is designed to increase performance and reliability over Android-based ROMs released by vendors and carriers. CyanogenMod also offers a variety features & enhancements that are not currently found in these versions of Android."

For BAMF I Haven't Tried Any Of There Work Yet, But I Haven't Heard Anything Negative From My Brother Either. I Have Read In A Couple Threads That People Are Excited For It. I Will Obviously Be Able To Provide More Information Once I Experience There Build And I Don't Think You'll Need Me Anymore Because You Could Flash It Just Like Me.

I'm Excited For Any ROM Build For The DroidX2 Because In The Beginning There Was Soooooo Much Negativity About The Phone And Now We Got People Working On It Proving That They're Wrong. I Will Play Around With Everyone's ROM Cuz I'm Just Like That Lol. Right Now I'm Working With CJ And His MinimalX Because It's The Only One Out Right Now. I'm Expecting Sometime This Afternoon He's Gonna Release The Next Update For Me To Test For The Next 24 Hours. If All Goes Well It Will Be Released Tomorrow Afternoon/Evening. Keep The Questions Coming I Would Never Tell Anyone To Back Off When It Comes To Android I Absolutely Love It.

I give him a lot of credit, he got his out ahead of all the other Devs.. Gave us the Cus. Rec. we needed. Question, What the hell is eating all my ram, is it Bloat or Apps I installed? Where is the leak?

Discussion starter · #48 ·
It's MotoBlur, It's Terrible. That's Why These Dev's Are Stripping It All Or Close To All Out. After That Comes The Applications You've Installed That Constantly Need To Be Running Which Usually Is Widgets. That's What I've Seen On Mine. Also I Have Installed The V6Supercharger Script And That Is 100x Better Than Any Task Manager Because I Now ALWAYS Have More Than 100Mb Of Free RAM. It's Not Technically Free Because That Leftover Is Cached In The Android System Making The System Overall Faster.

Discussion starter · #50 ·
I Saw A Guy Posted On The Other Forum I Read And He Said His XOOM Is Overclocked To 1.5Ghz And It Doesn't Drain Battery Or Heat Up Any Different Than The Stock 1Ghz.

Mikey said:
I Saw A Guy Posted On The Other Forum I Read And He Said His XOOM Is Overclocked To 1.5Ghz And It Doesn't Drain Battery Or Heat Up Any Different Than The Stock 1Ghz.
I can vouch for the validity of the post you mention. My XOOM is OC'd to 1.6GHz and hasn't drained battery or overheated anything for over 2 months now. Would love to see that type of capability on the DX2 when possible. I think that the problem with that may be that the XOOM has an unlocked bootloader so it was possible to come up with and install new kernels. We don't have that capability yet for the DX2 - although I will truly rejoice when we do.

Overclocking usually doesn't use much more battery due to the fact that they usually undervolt. With the mods that the devs made on the fascinate, it ran great overclocked up to 1.6 and undervolted by as much as 50. The full capabilities of these phones are not recognized without some dev love.

Benchmark score jumped. Don't remember what they were, as i stopped using benchmark apps (they are not a very good measure of performance). Overall performance was much better. Apps ran faster and the phone was more responsive. Can't wait to see the x2 unleashed with some overclock.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.