Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Android Apprentice
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rom Manager now works on bionic. I have tried and successfuly flashed and booted the new version of clockwork through Rom Manager. It does say that you have to have cvpcs's bootstrap already installed for it to work.

·
Android Apprentice
40 Posts
Got it working here as well. Running nice and smooth!

·
Android Apprentice
57 Posts
Got it installed too but cant reboot into recovery via ROM Manager, still gotta do it through Bionic Bootstrap. None of the features really work (if I click on them I either get an error MSG or a blank page) except Flash CWM Recovery's latest version, that works, but hey this is a good sign. Hopefully Koush will have an update out to work out all the kinks but Bionic bootstrap is good enough to do what needs to be done!! LOL

·
Android Lover
365 Posts
BrownHornet72 said:
Got it installed too but cant reboot into recovery via ROM Manager, still gotta do it through Bionic Bootstrap. None of the features really work (if I click on them I either get an error MSG or a blank page) except Flash CWM Recovery's latest version, that works, but hey this is a good sign. Hopefully Koush will have an update out to work out all the kinks but Bionic bootstrap is good enough to do what needs to be done!! LOL
So none of the ROM Manager features work?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

·
Android Apprentice
225 Posts
beehiveblack said:
I just made a back up with no issues...
How long did it take to run the backup? Did you update to the new CWM it is version 5.0.2.4?. I ran one that took 25 minutes with the new version of CWM. Then went back to the CWM (version 4.0.1.5) that came with the bootstrap and it took 4 minutes. Also the backup in 5.0.2.4 had .ext3 file extensions were as the file extension in 4.0.1.5 were .zip.
Has anybody successfully restored any backup from wither version of CWM?

·
Android Apprentice
57 Posts
[quote name='kook']So none of the ROM Manager features work?
Not for me. Tried to make a backup while in ROM Manager and it just pauses on the ok button, and then kicks me back out to the main menu screen in ROM Manager. I dont really care though because Bionic Bootstrap is the same thing

·
Android Apprentice
57 Posts
mzimand said:
How long did it take to run the backup? Did you update to the new CWM it is version 5.0.2.4?. I ran one that took 25 minutes with the new version of CWM. Then went back to the CWM (version 4.0.1.5) that came with the bootstrap and it took 4 minutes. Also the backup in 5.0.2.4 had .ext3 file extensions were as the file extension in 4.0.1.5 were .zip.
I say just stick with Bionic Bootstrap untill we hear about something official from Koush

·
Android Apprentice
52 Posts
footracer1983 said:
Rom Manager now works on bionic. I have tried and successfuly flashed and booted the new version of clockwork through Rom Manager. It does say that you have to have cvpcs's bootstrap already installed for it to work.
There's a new version of CWM for the Bionic?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Remember to hit the "Thanks" button when someone helps you!

·
Android Apprentice
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
BrownHornet72 said:
install clockwork from rom manager, that will fix issue

·
Android Apprentice
52 Posts
"mzimand said:
Can you list a link to the new CWM version (5.0.2.4), please?

Sent from my Droid Bionic using RootzWiki Forums

·
Android Apprentice
99 Posts
Just dl it from the market and open it up...at the top click flash clockwork.

Bionic is now in the list...that's all.

As for the person asking how long it took...it was near 20-25 minutes and they are .ext.tar not .img like the cvpcs bootstrap... I'm not near a comp so I am going to refrain from attempting to restore my cwm backup til later tonight.

·
Android Lover
365 Posts
How are you guys booting into the CW recovery?

·
Android Apprentice
52 Posts
"mzimand said:
you can either use Rom Manager or Bootstrap, both work and will get you to CWM
[quote name='"mzimand"']

When I bootstrap into recovery via ROM manager, I boot into the newest 5.0.2.4 version of CWM. If I bootstrap via the Bionic Bootstrap app, I boot into 4.0.1.5. Is there a new/separate bootstrap app that goes along with the new CWM? Or do we just bootstrap through ROM Manager?

·
Android Apprentice
52 Posts
*edited by me

·
Android Lover
455 Posts
Nothing yet koush just got a bionic today so expect something official soon

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using RootzWiki Forums

1 - 20 of 32 Posts