Android OS Forum banner
181 - 200 of 200 Posts

·
Android Beginner
39 Posts
found a small bug............ when installing a different gallery it does not change it in the camera....gives no gallery installed error

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk
The reason it does that is because the blur camera will only work with the blur gallery. Or at leasts the way it was explained to me.

Sent from my DROID3 using RootzWiki

·
Registered
2 Posts
holy crap, cant believe nobody else on here posted a thank you yet! thanks so much for the great work pedwards. had chevys steeldroid v3.0 for a while then switched to your mav 2.5 and updated to 3.0 yesterday. (had absolutely 0 issues flashing btw, super smooth and quick only took a few mins for backup wipe and install.) There definitely are some great improvements in look and feel and my battery seems life seems to be better as well. Awesome! still playin around with the new icons and fonts and things havin a blast with the ICS theme of course, i hope im not the only one enjoying this sick rom.

On a somewhat related note; Its too bad it seems like (imo) traffic and interest in general is dropping pretty quickly for the Droid 3, as well as a lot of other phones that come with tightly locked down bootloaders. Love the couple hours i played with a Galaxy Nexus for, but unfortunately all users and devs are jumping to that platform now without even looking back lol thanks for keeping my awesome 3g device alive!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Great ROM! Super Stable! Like the options in the toolbox. This ROM has become my new daily driver. Thanks for helping the D3 dev community!!

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk
Right?? Its not only stable and customizeable but super fast and smooth too! Best rom ive used for my D3 yet everyone with a rooted droid 3 should really give this rom a try.
On a somewhat unrelated note i really wish we had unlocked bootloaders though so we could flash custom kernels and get even better battery life/performance but i guess we will just have to wait for the Droid 4 Super Maxx Developer Unlocked Maxx S Its New I Swear Edition. Damn you motorola for releasing like 6+ phones a year all with near impossible to crack bootloaders.

·
Android Apprentice
75 Posts
Open up Maverick Toolbox>>View ICS Theme>>Install ICS Theme
For the full theming (including dialer, icons, lockscreen etc) you will need to also install a few things from the market. Search kovdev in market and download his ICS theme, its definitely the best free one (although i recommend supporting devs if you have the $) You will also need a new launcher from the market, I would recommend ADW.Launcher (Go Launcher EX is another good free launcher too) After you download it, hit your home button a box will pop up asking you what you want to use to complete the action;check the box so it doesnt always ask you and select ADW.Launcher to make it your default launcher. Then when your at any of your home screens with nothing open go to
ADWsettings>>Themes Preferences>>Select your theme>> ICS>> Apply Theme!
That will get you everything besides the lockscreen themed in ICS! To finish it off install MagicLocker from market, and open up settings. Then at the top of the app click themes, and get themes at the bottom. This will take u to market; download Android4 free- Magic Locker. Then go back into MagicLocker settings (there will be an icon in your app drawer for settings)>>themes tab>>Click on Android 4 free and Apply.
Your all set! This is as close as possibly to experiencing ICS while still on 2.3.4 GB, enjoy.
NOTE: There are other free Launcher/lockscreen/ics theme combos possible, i just gave you the exact step by step instructions for the set i happen to use

Right?? Its not only stable and customizeable but super fast and smooth too! Best rom ive used for my D3 yet everyone with a rooted droid 3 should really give this rom a try.
On a somewhat unrelated note i really wish we had unlocked bootloaders though so we could flash custom kernels and get even better battery life/performance but i guess we will just have to wait for the Droid 4 Super Maxx Developer Unlocked Maxx S Its New I Swear Edition. Damn you motorola for releasing like 6+ phones a year all with near impossible to crack bootloaders.
Oh well then yeah i know about the launchers and changing Icons. I just thought maybe i was flashing wrong and assumed the icons were on the stock launcher. lol.

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
I apologize if this is already asked here, but since the v3.0 is based on the unrootable and un FXZ flashable 5.7.902 update, has anybody on 3.0 tried FXZ flashing back to 5.6.890?
Our rom has the system base of 902. D3 roms do not flash a kernel or a baseband, therefore will not affect your ability to fxz your phone to 5.6.890. This is simply the 902 OTA patched over 5.7.893 to make a complete 902 system. Need not worry about being rootable or fxzable

·
Android Beginner
15 Posts
Our rom has the system base of 902. D3 roms do not flash a kernel or a baseband, therefore will not affect your ability to fxz your phone to 5.6.890. This is simply the 902 OTA patched over 5.7.893 to make a complete 902 system. Need not worry about being rootable or fxzable
Just making sure, I have a use for the .902 update and wanted to confirm. I later came to remember it doesn't flash a kernel or baseband.

·
Why yes, I am kosher.
231 Posts
181 - 200 of 200 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.