Android OS Forum banner
741 - 760 of 776 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just a question if you don't mind. Any reason your not on xda with your ROMs? Nothing wrong with rootzwiki by any means, just doesn't have the traffic xda does. I am sure its something as living in xda world sometimes can be an issue of its own. I actually prefer rootz as it's less drama here. Anyways, just curious is all.

·
Supporting Member
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #743 ·
Just a question if you don't mind. Any reason your not on xda with your ROMs? Nothing wrong with rootzwiki by any means, just doesn't have the traffic xda does. I am sure its something as living in xda world sometimes can be an issue of its own. I actually prefer rootz as it's less drama here. Anyways, just curious is all.
And you said it less drama. Search the S3 and N2 fourms for XquiziT or wildchld I was there won't go back after the "TEAMS" moved in. There roms are just junk and I'll leave it at that.

Dwitherell rom is the only thread/rom I would use.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
9 Posts
And you said it less drama. Search the S3 and N2 fourms for XquiziT or wildchld I was there won't go back after the "TEAMS" moved in. There roms are just junk and I'll leave it at that.

Dwitherell rom is the only thread/rom I would use.

I figured you were at xda at some point, and kinda figured drama played a role. I have been on Android since October 2008 with the mighty g1 hehe and have seen so many people leave xda it's really too many for their not to be issues. Anyone remember jesusfreke and the break throughs he showed the world? I learned about Android and really Linux in general from just rooting and flashing my g1. It's a whole different ROM world now as just about everything is click a button now.

·
CrackFlasher
571 Posts
I had Odined the rooted stock and used it for a few weeks until v20 came out. I tried dirty flashing from that - lots of issues.

I restored v19 and dirty flashed over that with XquiziT kernel. No issues with anything, except prefered the 4 x 4 display setup verses the 5 x 5 in v2.

Have not tried v21.
I don't see v21?

edit: 2 pages back sorry...was looking on OP

Sent from my SGH-T889 using RootzWiki

·
Registered
113 Posts
Greeting,

I installed v20, no issues so far for how I use my phone. Then I have decided to try Kitchen v13 and install only the Moto complete theme, works like a charm.

However, the only thing that I'm seeing as an issue is the multiwindow, which isn't working for me at all. Am I missing something? If there's an oversight on my part, accept my apologies. I tried everything, xposed, etc.

Thanks so much.

·
Android Apprentice
81 Posts
Greeting,

I installed v20, no issues so far for how I use my phone. Then I have decided to try Kitchen v13 and install only the Moto complete theme, works like a charm.

However, the only thing that I'm seeing as an issue is the multiwindow, which isn't working for me at all. Am I missing something? If there's an oversight on my part, accept my apologies. I tried everything, xposed, etc.

Thanks so much.

Note sure if this would cause it, but after I tried kitchen on v20, I had a number of issues and had to reflash the ROM. Kitchen v13 may not be compatible with 4.1.2.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Thank you for your reply.

I concur that Kitchen 13 on N2v20 gave me issues like crazy as well. However, what i ended up doing was NOT install Kitchen but, rather, the Moto settings instead and that took just nicely. The Moto theme is right there at the beginning where you are ABOUT to select Kitchen 13's options. With Kitchen, you have two options: 1) Go through the whole Kitchen setup wizard or 2) simply select that one Moto Theme option. That's the one I chose. It's very slick.

I've lost Multi-Window, though. No matter how i try to bring it back.

Anyone interested venturing out with me and running some tests on this?

·
Supporting Member
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #750 ·
Thank you for your reply.

I concur that Kitchen 13 on N2v20 gave me issues like crazy as well. However, what i ended up doing was NOT install Kitchen but, rather, the Moto settings instead and that took just nicely. The Moto theme is right there at the beginning where you are ABOUT to select Kitchen 13's options. With Kitchen, you have two options: 1) Go through the whole Kitchen setup wizard or 2) simply select that one Moto Theme option. That's the one I chose. It's very slick.

I've lost Multi-Window, though. No matter how i try to bring it back.

Anyone interested venturing out with me and running some tests on this?

You lose multi-win when you flashed moto theme only? There are also 3 flashes keyboard, settings and phone that are from moto if you just want to jaz it up some.

V21 with custom settings app is almost ready for release. Not all the options will be working at first. Here's what will be working clock/notifications options, toggle options, and battery options. Then I will integrate others as I have time.

I'll upload beta 4 later tonight

Attachments

·
Registered
113 Posts
Yes, brother. When selecting to flash Kitchen 13 on N2v20, instead of going through the whole Kitchen configuration wizard I simply choose that one Moto Theme way in th beginning (cuz currently it's the only option that works for me). Having to opt just for the Moto theme & forgo the configuration setup wizard, I can use my phone - but Multi-Window isn't working. I'm gonna go back to my nandroid and see. Typically, I install N2 without any Kitchen at all, play with it for a day or two, then make a nandroid THEN apply Kitchen or Moto Theme. Lets see what I come up with. Otherwise, best darn ROM out there. =)

·
Supporting Member
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #752 ·
Yes, brother. When selecting to flash Kitchen 13 on N2v20, instead of going through the whole Kitchen configuration wizard I simply choose that one Moto Theme way in th beginning (cuz currently it's the only option that works for me). Having to opt just for the Moto theme & forgo the configuration setup wizard, I can use my phone - but Multi-Window isn't working. I'm gonna go back to my nandroid and see. Typically, I install N2 without any Kitchen at all, play with it for a day or two, then make a nandroid THEN apply Kitchen or Moto Theme. Lets see what I come up with. Otherwise, best darn ROM out there. =)

Yea haven't updated the kitchen because of moving a lot of the options into the rom. Anything with a xml will probably fail. I'm trying to finish beta 4 tonight then I'll look at the kitchen.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Thank you for all your hard work.

I have odd news...

I deliberately wiped my phone completely. In the newest version of TWRP, I chose BOTH wipe options - the regular one and the advanced one. I cleaned house.

Then I reinstalled N2v20 and did NOT install Kitchen at all. I didn't even touch it.
After booting into my phone I immediately checked Multi Window without doing anything....just so I can see it.

Nothing.

Then I went ahead and made sure the Xposed framework was installed after that - I proceeded to install the Xposed multi-window module and the framework accepted it with no problem and I could toggle it in the Xposed settings.

Nothing.

All this before reinstalling any of my apps.

I may be misunderstanding this......but it's my impression that this multi-window malfunction for me is happening from the ROM itself and not necessarily Kitchen being the culprit (because Kitchen isn't installed at this point).

Just wanted to give an update of my findings. =)

Take your time. The ROM is great.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Thank you for all your hard work.

I have odd news...

I deliberately wiped my phone completely. In the newest version of TWRP, I chose BOTH wipe options - the regular one and the advanced one. I cleaned house.

Then I reinstalled N2v20 and did NOT install Kitchen at all. I didn't even touch it.
After booting into my phone I immediately checked Multi Window without doing anything....just so I can see it.

Nothing.

Then I went ahead and made sure the Xposed framework was installed after that - I proceeded to install the Xposed multi-window module and the framework accepted it with no problem and I could toggle it in the Xposed settings.

Nothing.

All this before reinstalling any of my apps.

I may be misunderstanding this......but it's my impression that this multi-window malfunction for me is happening from the ROM itself and not necessarily Kitchen being the culprit (because Kitchen isn't installed at this point).

Just wanted to give an update of my findings. =)

Take your time. The ROM is great.

Anyone have any ideas on the how I can get Multi-window to work, please?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Anyone have any ideas on the how I can get Multi-window to work, please?

I am sure he is aware of it and he will be providing a fix on it soon enough. We just have to wait patiently as we all aware he is very busy at the moment with his job.
Love the rom bro keep up the good work :)

·
Registered
113 Posts
I am sure he is aware of it and he will be providing a fix on it soon enough. We just have to wait patiently as we all aware he is very busy at the moment with his job.
Love the rom bro keep up the good work :)
Oh totally, for sure, NoFroyo. Thank you for that.

And I do know that...I would never want to demonstrate insensitivity toward Wild's more important things such as work and family, which is why I asked if 'anyone' else might've come up with a solution. Based on the people here (outside of Wild and D) being so contributional, I've seen people offer up their own findings for different things and those methods worked.

I was hopeful that maybe someone else may have come across this and may have a deeper explanation. I did read someone notice a similar issue to mine and mentioned that they extracted an earlier deodexed Multi-Window apk & used that to square away their Multi-Window proplem, so i was thinking of exploring that option.

I need that, but this ROM is TOOO stable & super smooth that it's got me hooked. =)

I'm gonna break into Android development, so maybe one day someday I can gladly/proudly contribute in helping carrying the load.

The camaraderie and respect here is second-to-none when compared to other threads.

Thank you all so much. =)

·
Supporting Member
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #757 ·
Ok its been a very rough few weeks for me. Had a fight with the owner of the project I'm on, then I resigned from my job then I was asked not to leave if the increased my salary, keep the owner off the site. I have had very little time to work on v21, only a little bit each morning. Should finish the project next week but have tp say I have worked in most of the options out there in to the customsettings.apk. This will eliminate the kitchen all together. Options on top of options with color picker for most, standard/23 toogle switch with color picker, battery options, lockscreens just to name a few. No ETA but I'll see if I can get a test version out soon so I can get bug reports. Truthfully I'm exhausted and drained but rom work gets my mind off everything and relaxes me lol. Alot of this has been ported/recoded from 3Minit and integrating previous mods. Lot of inspiration from my son on what to add.

Back to work

·
Registered
30 Posts
Ok its been a very rough few weeks for me. Had a fight with the owner of the project I'm on, then I resigned from my job then I was asked not to leave if the increased my salary, keep the owner off the site. I have had very little time to work on v21, only a little bit each morning. Should finish the project next week but have tp say I have worked in most of the options out there in to the customsettings.apk. This will eliminate the kitchen all together. Options on top of options with color picker for most, standard/23 toogle switch with color picker, battery options, lockscreens just to name a few. No ETA but I'll see if I can get a test version out soon so I can get bug reports. Truthfully I'm exhausted and drained but rom work gets my mind off everything and relaxes me lol. Alot of this has been ported/recoded from 3Minit and integrating previous mods. Lot of inspiration from my son on what to add.

Back to work

Damn man sounds crazy as heck must be of hell of a project ur working on. We figured you been like super busy with your job and stuff. We figure 21 will take some time however were ok with that. This version seems to be stable besides some quirks some ppl have stated. Other than that no rush, keep up the good work and your dedication on this rom is much appreciated. If i could i buy you a drink lol cheers

·
Registered
3 Posts

Back to work

excuses,excuses,excuses.
do some developin' already

·
Registered
113 Posts
Damn man sounds crazy as heck must be of hell of a project ur working on. We figured you been like super busy with your job and stuff. We figure 21 will take some time however were ok with that. This version seems to be stable besides some quirks some ppl have stated. Other than that no rush, keep up the good work and your dedication on this rom is much appreciated. If i could i buy you a drink lol cheers
+1 with nofroyo. Sanity is more important. Take it easy, bro, & take all the time you need. We appreciate you and the team immensely.

741 - 760 of 776 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.