Android OS Forum banner
761 - 776 of 776 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Update: I was able to have my flashbarservice.apk patched which now gives me FULL multi-window functionality using Xposed framework as before.

Now the only thing that's left to which I noticed is that transferring files to my lady's Note 2 (unrooted) using NFC is not working. My NFC is not executing the task.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
7 Posts
Update: I was able to have my flashbarservice.apk patched which now gives me FULL multi-window functionality using Xposed framework as before.

Now the only thing that's left to which I noticed is that transferring files to my lady's Note 2 (unrooted) using NFC is not working. My NFC is not executing the task.

Has this happened to anyone else?

I've read on another forum on another rom that a user or two had the same problem with NFC.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Yeah....that's also something I'm aiming to fix, like I did the Multi Window cuz I had almost purchased NFC tags for me & my lady so we can keep accountable over some things and use NFC to automatically shoot out messages when we're in certain places. So definitely NFC is an interest for me. Now that I know it's not working I will be researching. But I don't always know what I'm doing.

·
Android Apprentice
81 Posts
have not seen anything new here for some time - wondering if you had also moved on the a new device. My Note 2 found a new home through eBay. If you (wildchild) read this , want to thank you for all your work - I had followed you over here from XDA.

·
Registered
30 Posts
have not seen anything new here for some time - wondering if you had also moved on the a new device. My Note 2 found a new home through eBay. If you (wildchild) read this , want to thank you for all your work - I had followed you over here from XDA.
No he hasn't he has been super busy with work and hasn't had time to work on his rom. Rest assured it will happen we just have to wait until he has time. Rome wasn't built in a day.

·
Registered
113 Posts
This ROM in its varying versions have been quite enjoyable. Many thanks. I'd like to point out that version 20 has been most problematic for me regarding a function I see in this version that I have not seen in past versions, and it's the one function that kills my battery greatly. For those that may not know, much earlier in this thread I posted a variety of screenshots of how I was getting amazing battery life. I was able to do 20 plus hours with WiFi on 100% and a whopping 50% screen-time in that entire time. Record-breaking, for me at least. When version 20 came out, I used an app "BetterBatteryStats" to always keep an eye on my kernel wakelocks and Partial wakelocks to see what's going on in the background. Version 20 has shown me "Zero Wake Lag" as a new entry to which I have not seen in the past versions. So, I decided to install past versions, use Titanium Backup to restore my exact same apps with the exact same data associated with them, launched BatteryStat after hours and hours of being on batter and - lo and behold - no 'Zero Wake Lag'.

The only other time I know Zero Wake Lag to work exceptionally well is in the Verizon MEAN-Bean ROM, where in this ROM there's a function that disables all the cores in the Note 2 except for only one core & that core is scaled down to be just barely awake enough to allow notifications to come through. MeanBean is intentionally designed with battery-extension as the most prominent focus of its design. Zero Wake Lag in other ROMS have performed so-so.

Basically, Zero Wake Lag eliminates that 2-second lag in Samsung devices when your phone is being wakened after a deep sleep. The problem I've discovered in XquiziT N2 v20 is that Zero Wake Lag, being that it was on the entire time my phone is not plugged in, has resulted in battery drainage considerably. What really made me turn to investigation was when I noticed a battery drop the next morning. I would charge my battery 100% at night, unplug it, wake up and (for me at least) there was a significant battery drain. I went to go look at what were the dominant kernel and partial wakelocks and Zero Wake Lag was at the top of the list with 100% being in full swing. I think that's be design, however, as the phone isn't suppose to ever really go into a deep sleep. Well in any case, I reverted back to version 14, I tried version 15, etc....all the way up to version 19 and I get very good performance on my battery. If I had to compare apples-with-apples here, pound-for-pound, then the only think I can genuinely say that I'm physically aware of being different is the information I see BetterBatteryStats reporting to me to from one version to the next.

Is there any way I can get an option to have a ROM with no Zero Wake Lag if I don't mind the teeny-eeny-weeny lag time to wake up my phone if it means trading that off for a longer battery? In any other case, I'm very appreciative of this ROM. And, no worries from me about this request - as I'm still operating on version 19 and will remain there for now. Version 14 gave me the craziest mad battery performance with over a day.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Another thing....

I've been testing this for two days now without sleep....

Whole-device Encryption (for those like me who might be interested SOME day) - is broken by the N2 ROM starting with version 20, 19, 18, 17 (haven't tested 16 yet). Version 14 works flawlessly with whole-device encryption that is built into the Note 2.

For example, when I have installed N2 version 19 (my most favorite version to date), I log in to my phone as usual. I create a password, as is required for enabling Encryption. After that, I enable encryption, fully encrypt my entire device, the phone reboots on its own, after encryption is done the phone attempts to restart and log back in again. When I arrive to the point where I must decrypt the device, I attempt to do so by typing in my password successfully. After that, the ROM gets stuck and never kicks back out.

This doesn't happen with version 14. The EXACT same process has been done on version 14 and everything goes through just fine.

Now, if I'm ALREADY encrypted and I want to simply flash over any of the N2 ROM versions, I can do so with version 14 and boot right into my phone's homepage. If I'm ALREADY encrypted and I'm flashing here-and-there - I'm alright until I get to flashing N2 versions 17, or 18, or 19 etc. When I attempt to flash any of those on an already-encrypted device, I arrive to the same fate: password authentication is accepted but then the phone stays stuck just after that.

This is a HUGE thing - as I knew that one day I would need whole-device encryption (for personal reasons, and no - it's not to hide anything bad. I work in IT and I have a conscious awareness for privacy, protection, anonymity, etc).

Anyway, I just wanted to throw this out there for in case anyone would be interested in doing this someday - save yourself the many headaches I gave myself through trial-and-error until we can incorporate whole-device encryption compatibility and functionality without breakage into the newer ROM versions.

So, (1) Zero Wake Lag and (2) Whole Device Encryption are my only two things I'm battling with on version 20 of N2.

ALSO, with encrypting your device - you'll have to set a complex password to decrypt. This decryption password now serves also as your screen-unlock passphrase as well. Mandatory. There's a way around that with a lengthy script and installing Python onto your phone. You can have one very loooong passphrase to boot into your phone that you'd only have to type just one and then you could have a separate simple numerical PIN# for your screen-unlock. Just an FYI before anyone freaks out. =)

If you get into some trouble and you jack yourself up to where you can no longer decrypt your phone 'cuz you now got lost into the great abyss somehow, it's a somewhat of a lengthy or tedious process to get yourself out of that mess, but I can help. Done it plenty of times already. Barely NO tips are online for this to teach you how to work your way out of a locked-out encrypted (without a lost decryption key) situation. (But I found a way, deep into the black hole a couple work-arounds. It ain't a pretty process - but do-able).

Cheers.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I really enjoy the ROM you have created, but was wondering if you still developing future updates for this ROM? I have had quite a few unexpected reboots on v20 and was hoping for the latest version T889UVBMD1 based ROM. I hope you have not abandoned your great work. Would love to stay with this ROM, but the reboots have been an annoyance.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I really enjoy the ROM you have created, but was wondering if you still developing future updates for this ROM? I have had quite a few unexpected reboots on v20 and was hoping for the latest version T889UVBMD1 based ROM. I hope you have not abandoned your great work. Would love to stay with this ROM, but the reboots have been an annoyance.
There's a great ROM over on XDA called Tweaked 2.2 that is based on T889UVBMD1. It's made by Dwitherell, one of the contributors to this ROM. If you love this ROM and plan on coming back when it's updated, you can research in the meanwhile how Tweaked 2.2 works for you. It's updated and LTE works, etc. I only suggest either of these two ROMS and have both of them as nandroids on my SD card: XquiziT N2 and Tweaked 2.2. Tweaked has a truck-load of options, too. Both are good to enjoy. Head on over there to see if it sorts out your rebooting issue.

·
All Around Badass
151 Posts
Agreed, Tweaked is greatness. To get the wifi tether install "TrevE Mod," it works.

I love XquixiT, and prefer it over the others, but Tweaked is great until we have an update.

·
Consummate tinkerer
1,065 Posts
Agreed, Tweaked is greatness. To get the wifi tether install "TrevE Mod," it works.

I love XquixiT, and prefer it over the others, but Tweaked is great until we have an update.
Happy to fill the gap :) I'll likely update the woefully outdated thread I have here later this week - err... when I update next

·
Registered
113 Posts

Yeah.... I say XquiziT and Tweaked are my top two (if only the only two) recommendations, ever. I love them both and enjoy both and have both as nandroids. They are equally impressive - though I've been seeing some great strides over at Tweaked.

The only thing I'm currently confused is turning off LTE. I'm unsure if this has been addressed over at Tweaked.....but in Tweaked there is a setting that's entirely missing in mobile networks that is supposed to allow you to de-select LTE. My lady has the UVBMD1 update and she can turn this off. I see the same option in XquiziT....but I don't see it in Tweaked. I'll pose this question over there so everyone can see and maybe someone mighy be able to point me the way, if I'm missing something.

·
Registered
113 Posts
i just installed and its great but,thecustom settinngs under control panel stops working(actually never opens),force close,is there any fix to this?

This ROM hasn't received any updates in many months nor any activities toward developing efforts in that timeframe posted on here. It's a fantastic ROM....but don't hold your breath. You won't see "fix" efforts for some time unless I'm proven wrong. Again, great ROM. I'm on another one now that sees a lot of activity.

·
Registered
30 Posts

This ROM hasn't received any updates in many months nor any activities toward developing efforts in that timeframe posted on here. It's a fantastic ROM....but don't hold your breath. You won't see "fix" efforts for some time unless I'm proven wrong. Again, great ROM. I'm on another one now that sees a lot of activity.
I am still keeping hope, such a great rom, we shall see

761 - 776 of 776 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.