Android OS Forum banner

[ROM] metiCkMod V0.3 for Droid 2 [Beta]

9K views 20 replies 13 participants last post by  Thisguy89 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Based of Gingerbread Leak for the Droid 2

Android Version: 2.3.3
Blur Version: 4.5.153

Requirements: You must flash the Gingerbread Leak found at MyDroidWorld before you apply this or any other Droid 2 Gingerbread based rom.

Downloads:

Addons:
Market Fix - http://goo.gl/zHUXB - Only necessary if you for 0.1

Themes

AOSP: This is still a work in progress but it is pretty close to AOSP Gingerbread. Suggestions and help is more than welcome!!

Special thanks to Mobile_Sensei for the Phone, Contacts and Dialer apps!
His Site: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/sensei-mods/
His Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/Mobile_Sensei

Changelog: Coming Soon...

System Stuff:
  • Completely Optimized, OptiPNGed, Zipaligned & Signed system
  • Added Imoseyon's latest tweaks (Credit to Imoseyon) (Will add full run down soon)
  • Removed all bloat and redundant blur
  • Removed downloadable apps including Gmail
  • Included Imoseyon's latest Busybox
  • Created Symlinks for everything that needs it
  • Ads are blocked by default
  • Silenced Camera shutter sounds
  • Added call ring delay
  • Added Wifi scan tweak to save battery life
  • Increased Dalvik heap
  • Removed Bootanimation
  • I actually did quite a bit more to the rom, but I'll have to list that stuff later.

Added/Modded:

Below are the apps I used from Cyanogenmod.. They were are written by the CM team.

• Added CM Alarm Clock
  • Added CM Email App
  • Added CM FileManger
  • Added CM Gallery3D
  • Added CM Messaging app
  • Added CM QuickSearchBox
  • Added CM Voice Dialer
  • Added FMRadio files (Credit to Slayer)

Instructions

Clockworkmod Instructions: Place file anywhere on your sdcard, boot into recovery, select install zip from sdcard, choose zip from sdcard, and select the appropriate zip file.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you like what I've done and want to aid in my alcoholism, please feel free to hit the donate link below! =)

Get M1 intoxicated: http://goo.gl/WXPUc

See less See more
#2 ·
This is a really good rom. Its crazy how fast and clean it is even without overclocking. I haven't had any problems on it and the charge light works too; )

#8 ·
I really like this ROM. I don't use my D2 much, and think I'm on v0.1 that metic sent via twitter awhile ago, but is running smooth from what I saw. I am planning to start swapping phones that I use. I have the D1, D2, DX, and DInc, and while I have been using the DX as my daily phone for months, I really do love each phone! I like to switch it up to one of the completely unlocked ones sometimes, but the D2 is really a nice phone. Shame it is locked down and became another red-headed stepchild in the dev community. At least we can still root and ROM. So yea, think I'm gonna install the latest version and use my D2 for a bit. Although I have been having fun with my old skool d1 and DInc lately, and my Xoom has been gettin most of my development attention...lol dilemas of a first world country, right? Anyway, nice rom. I look forward to seeing this one continue.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

#10 · (Edited by Moderator)
I flashed v0.3 last night and so far, so good. I use vanilla Android and ADW Ex on all 3 of my other phones so it is actually quite refreshing to be playing around with Blur and the Blur launcher. As with v0.1, I am still getting international roamin messages and the roaming indicator in the notification bar. Any way to get rid of that? My phone isn't connected, but then again it's never happened on any other ROMs when the device wasn't connected either. Would a PRL updat or roaming capabilities update fix it. Not sure if I cad do that on an un-connected device, but I could always activate it for a bit and try.

*Edit* I activated my D2 on the VZW website and now the roaming indicator is gone. Heard others mention it, but it has never appeared on any other ROM or phone for me, and I'm constantly using at least 2 non-activated phones(flashin ROMs etc) and have never run into this.

#11 ·
Hi guys,

I just installed this ROM on a Deodexoed Gingerbread (D2), while I am still getting my feet wet in doing this thing I like what I see with this mod so far. SMOOTH and FAST!
I downloaded the Theme list also, will try that later and try and give some feed back on that.

Here's hoping this ROM is as solid as it's appearing to be. Thanks!

#12 ·
oh its a solid rom with the fastest 3G I've yet to see for some reason, I'm looking forward to an updated rom though, I ran this one for a couple days and then cm7 came out and I couldn't resist. The dev of this rom actually played a big part in getting cm7 working on our droid 2's but now I'm rambling

#13 ·
terryrook said:
oh its a solid rom with the fastest 3G I've yet to see for some reason, I'm looking forward to an updated rom though, I ran this one for a couple days and then cm7 came out and I couldn't resist. The dev of this rom actually played a big part in getting cm7 working on our droid 2's but now I'm rambling
I tried CM7 but found it to be unstable and slow on my phone, but then it was a nightly build so can't expet to awful much. I may give it a spin once it's stable.... that is if they can get it out prior to my phone upg.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.