Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have found an even better version of blur for us! This one is much closer to the D3's version and has 1% battery working oob along with some other new features. It also is not Verizon based so there is much less bloat. So far I have everything working except data, I am working on sorting that out and once I have it fixed i'll upload. All sensors\features work so far except data.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Should, GSM is what the milestone 2 is designed around. This is just a more updated version of everything for us.
 

·
Android Lover
Joined
·
145 Posts
Great, looking forward to it!

And what about WiFI tethering? Will a hack be necessary for built-in tether, or for Rooted Tether, or for Open Garden?
 

·
ヤンデレ
Joined
·
836 Posts
This is hella cool.

I'd totally dig a normal GSM-friendly ROM without that damned freaking annoying "No GSM networks found, would you like to switch to Global mode?" popup on my D2G.

Also, it'll probably have all those EU languages bundled?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,155 Posts
Gasai Yuno said:
This is hella cool.

I'd totally dig a normal GSM-friendly ROM without that damned freaking annoying "No GSM networks found, would you like to switch to Global mode?" popup on my D2G.

Also, it'll probably have all those EU languages bundled?
Of course! This rom is sooo much ****ing better than moto's. My jaw dropped when I first saw it, it looks nothing like the blur i'm used to lol

Edit: If on the off chance I do not get data working tonight I will release anyways since you can always use wifi in the mean time. It makes calls just fine.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,495 Posts
aceoyame said:
Edit: If on the off chance I do not get data working tonight I will release anyways since you can always use wifi in the mean time. It makes calls just fine.
Have you tried replacing all of the ril files? If not thats a good place to start....
 

·
ヤンデレ
Joined
·
836 Posts
aceoyame said:
Of course! This rom is sooo much ****ing better than moto's
But I thought it's Motorola's? I mean, Milestone 2 is manufactured by Motorola?
 

·
Android Lover
Joined
·
257 Posts
Ace, I'm pumped to check this out. Hopefully we can get it all working great asap. So only thing broken is data? How far are you from a fix? Just curious. No sticky settings, 1% battery inc? That'd be awesome, I'm missing that like no other haha. Battery life good? If you need anything from me, just let me know!
 

·
ヤンデレ
Joined
·
836 Posts
Well I would be surprised if this had issues with settings sticking, because it's just a stock ROM with some additions to make it work on a CDMA/GSM handset.

Speaking of which, is data a problem on both GSM and CDMA with this one?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Gasai Yuno said:
Well I would be surprised if this had issues with settings sticking, because it's just a stock ROM with some additions to make it work on a CDMA/GSM handset.

Speaking of which, is data a problem on both GSM and CDMA with this one?
Nope just CDMA, which is why I am going to drop it later tonight. I am redoing it since a change I commited to my build made it stop booting and I couldnt pin point it. Won't take long since I already know what I did that was safe on 1st attempt. Delay is also due to me rushing to get an updated MIUI out.
 

·
ヤンデレ
Joined
·
836 Posts
I'd really like to test it on GSM, though.
 
1 - 20 of 131 Posts
Top