Android OS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Call Me Bert
188 Posts
As stated, this is a pre-release thread. Its only purpose is to keep my product in your mind while you wonder what kind of jesus cakes magic tricks I have to bestow upon your Droid X.

2 main features:
1) This ROM's base is Froyo, while i attempt to port the good parts of gingerbread to the ROM.

why?
-GB4DX has been a very different experience for all users. Some only complain about battery life. I, on the other hand, am one of the unfortunate few (it seems) that experiences data drops (it won't execute request to retrieve a webpage. i just sit there, while the loading bar doesn't move at all), horrible signals, constant overheating (I'm on lucky sob if i can keep mine under 95F for at least 10 mins) and overall, mooto/verizon did not deliver a better experience for many users.

summary: Froyo is stable, GB is not, GB is feature filled, Froyo is basic

2)Bloatware Mania 2011; I'm removing much of the useless bloatware, but putting in more than i take out

why?
-IMO, Blur files is a very good looking app... but it lacks features, which (not naming the featured app) is why unnamed app will be put into the system, replacing files. i'm also adding new utilities that aren't already there. trust me, if the stuff i'm forcing in wasn't good, i wouldn't be putting it there, but, just because i know many of you are probably troll-hards, i'm making 2 different packages, one with stock bloatware, one with my bloatware. It shouldn't be a ebate on which to choose.

summary: would you rather be forced to have suckiness, or forced to have goodness/awesomness. nuff said.

Those are the 2 things that you might call "negative", but when i brainstormed on how to make an elite ROM, those 2 worked well with the other things i have in store.

If you would like to join the dev team, which i could use, since I'm gone much of June and hope for a mid-July release, than you can email me at [email protected] for an interview-esque deal. Don't get insulted if i say "sorry, you're not exactly what i was looking for", i do have some expectations from my partners and i need to make sure i can work with them well and that they can take orders (muahahahah) from me, since i'm the lead developer. Not everybody can be a dev, some people in the Android Community were born to be tesers, some were made to be programmers, so again, don't get insulted.

things required are:

knowledge of-
XML editing
Photoshop (preferred)/gimp experience
basic reference locations, such as build.prop, animations, boot animation, apps,
stuff like that
possession of-
a rooted device
a linux/windows computer
dropbox
irc program
intelligence

IF YOU NOTICED ABOVE, this ROM is subject to cross device release. I'm one man, with one android, i cannot develop for anything but my device, and i'd like for it to go to other devices as well, but... i only own a DX, what am i to do? i'm not sure how the idea of setting up GB on froyo will work with other devices, but hey, let's give it a shot and see what we can get done.

When i have some sort of proof of work (goodies/screenshots), then I will add a donate button. Donate buttons were made to inspire a dev to continue his work at a more dedicated intensity, not to reward his work.

So... cheers, if you have questions about anything, you'll catch me on twitter first (@brttwrd7), so dont email me unless you're interested in a position on a team.

·
Call Me Bert
188 Posts
DroidzFX said:
I think you need to get a new phone.
If you strongly support your opinion, then get me an htc incredible 2. Otherwise, be happy that i am stepping up to fill the gap of other devs leaving the X, which frankly made having the device even worse

Steady Hawkin said:
Im excited to see what you cook up
With good reason

via Tapatalk

·
Superuser
258 Posts
Lol, pretty sure he meant you need to get your DX replaced since it acts up like that on Gingerbread. Sounds like a hardware defect.

And seeing as how the DX is not even a year old, you should still be within your warranty

This is just my opinion, but I find GB to be a huge leap over Froyo and wouldn't go back ever.

·
Call Me Bert
188 Posts
Hardware defect... is there a known problem, cuz i know when the htc evo released, 1/5 had recall symptoms, but i.never heard if one with dx. regardless, i think since froyo has seen 3 versions on the dx, at the latest level, it has less bugs

Added:
But i barely started making it, im hoping to find a nice hybrid, so i guessed it would be easier to build up from froyo then build down from gb

via Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.