Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 2197 Posts

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
This is MIUI for the Droid 2 Global. You will need to be on Gingerbread .606 or .607 before installing any build after 1.9.16!

Currently everything is working except the alt lock key. Bluetooth should be working now too (please let me know if it is/isnt)

It is highly advised to have your phone activated before installing this rom

Get the update from MIUI.US' download page
http://roms..miui.us

(Mirror)
http://roms.miui.us/...e=cdma_droid2we This is a direct link to the rom on MIUI

Test rom (unofficial)1.11.9
http://www.multiupload.com/KMPXACUV1R
It has...
Working Bluetooth (proper apk)
an even more updated hijack-zip
ICS' framework (More speed, stability)
ICS modified Init.RC (proves that our init handles ICS just fine)
Bundled ICS theme (dark version) (may need set in theme manager)
Included fixed phone.apk with even more GSM support (courtesy of Dark Cricket)
Apps from MIUI scotland (was based off their 1.11.7 rom)

Droid 2 Global 1.10.21 (stable-official)

Changelog:
Updated to 1.10.21
FINALLY Switched to Defy Base
Updated to Android 2.3.7
Included governors and scripts from Droid X Chat
Included Bootmenu
Brought in changes over 1.9.16.1 (Any GSM tweaks you guys were using before should still work)
Includes MIUI Control now
Speed increase
Included smartass governor and others
Note: The 2 usb icon's is not an issue, it is due to the new usb toggle

Notes2: Over the next few releases I will be doing a freeze on adding new features and trying to get Bluetooth to work and fix some other small issues

Notes 3: You will most likely need to wipe data and cache for this update due to our base switch! (should be the last switch in a long time!)

Notes4: The phone is underclocked to 1 Ghz by default! Go into the boot menu and set the voltage and cpu speeds you desire. you can also set the governor to use here too!

To get to the boot menu press volume down when you see a blue light come on at boot!
http://www.multiupload.com/CO1B24CE4U (1.10.21 GB)

http://www.mediafire...7xkg88bx99wod1y MIUI4D2G V 5.0 (froyo)
http://www.mediafire...aexgk9sercps8qn Overlay I am using incase I ever quit (for reference) (5.0 Froyo overlay, DO NOT USE FOR NORMAL INSTALLS OF MIUI, THIS IS FOR DEVELOPERS ONLY)

Note: If you try to switch network versions you will need to erase /system/ /data/ and /cache/ and then install whatever version you want. It caches whatever mode you are in and that will cause problems if you do not follow the method listed above.

You can use recovery! Go to the rom manager and in there install droid x (2nd init) and then it should work! That is apparently the only way to get there.

Dont forget to clear data and cache after installing or else you WILL have a bootloop

Donations are MUCH appreciated!
http://forum.xda-dev...e.php?u=1894713 ( I simply copied my XDA donate link)

Thanks go out to CVPS,Framework43, Revnumbers, Gasai Yuno, Asphyx, x13thangelx, Bikerdude and the rest of the CM4D2G team!

Thanks also go out to the person who made the MIUI honeycomb theme that is used in V5 as default!
HUGE thanks to Droid X Chat for the work I borrowed from him! (bootmenu, user init's, etc.)

·
Average Android
115 Posts
Some of these tips/tricks may not apply for us (yet?), but here's some basic usage tips that I found helpful:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Long press on the icon in Toggles will launch the settings for that icon.

2. Press "Menu" key and "Volume Down" key at the same time to print a screen. The printed image is saved in the directory of MIUI in the sd card.

3. Press Home key at the first screen, you may preview screen thumbnails and add or move screens.

4. Slide from left to right to quickly delete a message or a call log.

5. You may hold down an icon by one hand to enter Edit Mode, and then use the other hand to slide the screen to move the
icon to the target screen.

6. Your phone will vibrate when a call gets through.

7. Double tap the time zone to launch the Music Player when the screen is locked.

8. In the lockscreen, hold down the icon of Call or SMS, and you can enter the responding program.

9. Hold down Home key to quickly enable the torch when the screen is locked.

10. Click the contact image in Calls, SMS and Contacts, shortcut menus will pop up.

11. Long press on Search button will launch search via voice recognition.

12. Click menu in "System Update" to reboot and enter recovery.

13. The battery will display the percentage of left battery capacity by Settings>System>Battery>Notification Indicator Style>Percentage.

14. Long press on the Home button can go to "Program Manager". Click the "Clear up" button at the bottom left to clear the extra processes in memory. And the system will inform you of the released memory and current available memory.
Note: System processes will not be cleared so as to ensure the normal running of the system.

15. How to set IP dialing?
MIUI ROM can add an IP prefix for the called number in a strange land. You may set it in Settings>Common>Calls.
You may also long press the contact item before dialing, and choose "Make IP calls" in the pop-up menu.

16. When you are not available to answer the phone, you may slide up the panel to reject the call and to send a message to the caller at the same time. (You can change the message it sends in call settings)

17. How to set custom ringtones?
Put media files into the Media/Audio/ringtones directory in the SD card, (If there is none of this directory, please create one manually) and then select in Sounds in Settings.
Note: there are three directories under Audio, corresponding to the following tones:
notifications--notification ringtones
ringtones--incoming call ringtones
alarms--alarming ringtones
Supported formats: MP3, WMA, WAV, Midi, etc.

18. As for those important messages you want to add to your favorites, you may long press the message in the pop-up menu and select "Favorites". You may switch to "Favorites" tab in the main SMS interface to view collected messages.

19. How to enable 720P to record a video?
Turn on Camera and switch to Video, select "High", and select "720P" in the pop-up menu of video quality.

20. How to quickly delete items?
You may slide from left to right on the item and click on the red "Delete" button when it appears.

21. How can I share my network to the PC or other terminals?
Firmware of Android 2.2 and above support the sharing of mobile phones to other Internet terminal in the following method:
Go to "Settings" -> "System" -> "Share mobile network", you may choose to share the Internet connection by USB tethering or setting up portable Wi-Fi hotspot.

Source: http://en.miui.com/a-5.html

·
Premium Member
2,495 Posts
Id be glad to help except for one thing..... Its built off AOSP, Android OPEN SOURCE Project, and they wont release the source for it.... Also, its considerably easier to do it right with source....

However, I'll try to tell you where to go where i can based on the bugs Mike Dee posted...

Brightness: tied to sensors, get them working and your good. Check the board id and rename sensors accordingly.
Auto-tilt: sensors also, der
Camera: if you added the CM camera then remove it, it might be trying to call through both and thats whats screwing it up...
DSP: it did that at first with CM, when we started compiling from source it stopped so not sure how to go about that one, maybe try pulling one from CM?
browser: is that the aosp browser or one they did? If aosp then pull from cm and it /might/ work...

I'll kinda try to keep up with it and help if i can. Would be much easier if we had source though =x Ace, hit me up on gtalk if you want me to look at something, [email protected]

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
uploading a test of v2. fixed some apk isues. Tried changing out sensors yet again and also added a ton of lib's and different permissions. Lastly, I added the modules from it.Also changed bin and xbin's to match CM4D2G. Will probabbly need to sbf after but thats why its a test lol.

I think this will fix sensors. if not then.. I am gonna try the old ones. Maybe they'll work maybe they wont.

·
Average Android
115 Posts
aceoyame said:
uploading a test of v2. fixed some apk isues. Tried changing out sensors yet again and also added a ton of lib's and different permissions. Lastly, I added the modules from it.Also changed bin and xbin's to match CM4D2G. Will probabbly need to sbf after but thats why its a test lol.

I think this will fix sensors. if not then.. I am gonna try the old ones. Maybe they'll work maybe they wont.
Awesome, I'll flash it once the link is up. Should I sbf before flashing it, or just flash it over this version?

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If it even works lol... I havent had time to test it. I just copied v2 and moved all the files into it. Its why the link is in the body here and not in the top lol.

·
Android Ninja
337 Posts
I'm back home on Saturday, and I can help then :)
I'm sort of with 13th on. The issue with using AOSP and being closed source, but Miui is beautiful and enough people want it that it's worth it. Also, I feel bad leaving for a month right when CM4D2G took off and not helping, lol.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yep I understand that. Closed source and all just makes it harder. Should be able to get it to run. MIUI shares a CM base apparently, at least our port does. See the build.prop. It has some CM stuff left in still from whoever did the port for DX/D2. I wanna fix the damn recovery issue so I don't need to SBF just to test one zip file out. That and sensors are my priorities atm. If we can get sensors then we have a mostly working build already.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
They took one for the Defy likely and wedged CM files in to get it working. For D2 they applied their fixes. For us we need to apply ours as well.

·
Android Apprentice
34 Posts
this might be obvious, but a first port can come as close to perfect as it can, a port of that messes up what was ported, and ours would be the third port, not exactly a port, more like a mutation. so to get ours to work, we will need to change a bunch of stuff, or we could replace everything that the dx and d2 build added and replace them with our own. just a suggestion =P

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
it works?! Did it pair and did it fully work with your headset? They could hear you and you could hear them? If so then the fix is somewhere in here. Also, I am still trying to work out the sensors issue.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Anyone wanna try stock D2 miui and tell me if they work? As for all the app weirdness I have that worked out ( I accidently merged my CM app folder withy miui)
Edit: Fixed the sensors! (note: for auto rotate you need to enable 180 degree rotate for it to work)

Going to test a little more and then upload. We have an every day usable rom now (this wont eat your battery like crazy lol)

So far the only thing I can see that is borked is the camera. It won't save pictures at all, Going to release in a bit if I can get camera to work (even if it is mirrored).

Note: Camera mirroring will only be fixed when we identify what fixed it in CM4D2G

1 - 20 of 2197 Posts