Android OS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 503 Posts

·
Developer
Joined
·
718 Posts
This is for the DROID X on the GINGERBREAD KERNEL.

This is MIUI 1.9.30, created from Framework43's base, MIUI.US's system, and some of our own little fixes built in.

What's new?
-All 1.9.30 changes implemented: CLICK
-Extended Settings Mod REMOVED due to hiatus by Andy Thompson
-Fixed torch flashlight background at lockscreen

Notes: Sorry I didn't pack a lot of new goodies into this release, I've been busy with the defy base. This is really just meant to hold you guys over for a bit. Hope you like it. Extended settings was removed because Andy Thompson is taking a few weeks off. Someone made a port of it for 1.9.30 but their port wasn't 100% and had some issues with top-battery bar, overscroll, status bar icon placement, etc. ON WEDNESDAY AROUND 6PM EST, I'LL BE PORTING OVER A PERFECT EXTENDED SETTINGS MYSELF.

Installation:
Flash on top of any GB kernel based ROM. If coming from anything other than MIUI, you should wipe data.
The flash will autowipe Cache/Davlik (but feel free to do it again).
No need to wipe data.
Re-enable ROOT PERMISSIONS in the settings of the SuperUser app.
Go to "Advanced" in Wifi Settings and set "Wifi Sleep Policy" to "Never" for Deep Sleep while on Wifi.

Download:
http://roms.miui.us/shadow/MIUI.us_Shadow_1.9.30_Eng_Deo_ZipA_Signed_DXC.zip
MD5: abc62c4a35684554fd5ace8c065f96a1

Here is the MIUI style browser: CLICK (flash it normally)

Enjoy!
 

·
Inspired Dev
Joined
·
95 Posts
Thanks for your hard work! Im running .23, so I dont know If I'd benefit from this update. I like my extended settings mod lol. I may just wait until wednesday or so. Ahh lol, and I just got my .23 all set up with the scripts. lol. Great work none the ness!
 

·
{{(( D R O I D ))}}
Joined
·
143 Posts
I just want to ensure that scrolling Widgets still work ... This forum is making it hard to purchase a new phone!!!"

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
 

·
Developer
Joined
·
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Scrolling widgets was part of the extended settings mod, which the developer hasn't released for 1.9.30 yet, sorry. I'll put out extended settings on Wed i'm just so busy at the moment sry guys.
 
  • Like
Reactions: tharris297

·
Developer
Joined
·
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
m2thedeep said:
has deep sleep been fixed in this release?
yes Burncycle Deep Sleep fix is included
 

·
Android Apprentice
Joined
·
132 Posts
DXC you make my Miui mistress more beautiful with each release. Its hard to leave her for any other ROM. Thanks man!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
 

·
Android Beginner
Joined
·
5 Posts
since the last release the photos I take look very bad (before taking them the image is just perfect); have to use other camara software, any advice?
 

·
Android Apprentice
Joined
·
158 Posts
Switch out of widescreen mode in the camera settings. Resize to something other than the widescreen format. Last I heard, it had focusing troubles.
 

·
Developer
Joined
·
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Arkold Thos said:
since the last release the photos I take look very bad (before taking them the image is just perfect); have to use other camara software, any advice?
Either set focus mode to "infinity" in settings, or change your resolution to 8M
 

·
Android Apprentice
Joined
·
30 Posts
DXC. Just out of curiosity. If you were to permanently edit the build.prop to set vvm=false, would it adversely affect those who don't plan to use visual vm? This is just a small thing, but a pain nonetheless to go change that value each time I update to the latest version. Thanks!
 

·
Average Android
Joined
·
68 Posts
I want to use google voice so that my number shows a google voice number when I make a call, I have the google voice app to ask before each call. However when I make a call it doesnt even ask or use google voice, any ideas?

Thanks
 

·
Developer
Joined
·
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
alprazolam said:
DXC. Just out of curiosity. If you were to permanently edit the build.prop to set vvm=false, would it adversely affect those who don't plan to use visual vm? This is just a small thing, but a pain nonetheless to go change that value each time I update to the latest version. Thanks!
I don't understand, how come you have to edit it? I dont use vvm but I don't ever have to change it. Are you saying you using something else for voicemail that requires it to be set to false?

1dtms said:
I want to use google voice so that my number shows a google voice number when I make a call, I have the google voice app to ask before each call. However when I make a call it doesnt even ask or use google voice, any ideas?

Thanks
In call settings change third party access to "off" (i know this seems counter-intuitive)
 

·
Average Android
Joined
·
68 Posts
okay ill try that. I actually saw that option and thought it should be "On" to allow google voice...

Also, how do I get back the colorful Google word in the notification bar instead of Verizon Wireless? in .23 it was a nice Google
 

·
Droid Nerd Extraordinaire
Joined
·
1,254 Posts
"1dtms said:
okay ill try that. I actually saw that option and thought it should be "On" to allow google voice...

Also, how do I get back the colorful Google word in the notification bar instead of Verizon Wireless? in .23 it was a nice Google
That's part of extended settings mod that changes carrier script.
 

·
Average Android
Joined
·
68 Posts
awww and that was removed?

What should I do now?

also i notice i can import boot animation from SD card. what type of file should it be looking for?
i extracted a bootanimation.zip from the stock droid X (the eye animation thing). Its in a zip and would like to use that as my boot animation, how can I do so?

Lastly, anyway I can set the time for when the screen asks me for my password to like 1hr or anything longer then the moment i turn off/on the screen?

Thanks
 
1 - 20 of 503 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top