Android OS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 171 Posts

·
Developer
718 Posts
This is for the DROID X on the FROYO KERNEL.

I didn't want you guys to have to go a third week without an update, so I decided to appease your tastebuds and take some pressure off of Framework by porting 1.9.9 myself. I used Framework's base and the rest came from MIUI.US, credit to them! Let me just tell you guys, 1.9.9 is delicious...

WHATS DIFFERENT FROM 1.8.19
-I added my Screencap Fix
-I added my Airplane Bug Fix
-I added my Reboot to CWM mod
-I added my MMS attachment 1.2mb increase mod
-All changes from 1.8.26 have been implemented: CHANGELOG
-All changes from 1.9.2 have been implemented: CHANGELOG
-All changes from 1.9.9 have been implemented: CHANGELOG

Enjoy!

DO NOT RESTORE WIFI SETTINGS FROM BACKUP APP, OR YOU WILL GET CONSTANT REBOOTS.

Instructions:
Put on SDCard
Boot to Clockwork Recovery, make a backup, and install zip from sdcard
Wipe Cache and Davlik Cache
Boot up and go to Superusers app (in Tools) and change ROOT Permissions to ON in settings

Download: This will give you 1.9.9.1!
CLICK
3fec6f72681cbb461b3f28896086c10e

If we go another week without an update, I'll port it again, but as soon as Framework releases his build, please switch to that version!

·
Android Lover
125 Posts
Up and running. Installed over my beloved 22 and looks like everything is good. Thank you DXC for doing all this.

·
Banned
92 Posts
Hell yeah

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
For me the first build better than 1.7.22. Nice to be back on miui, big thanks to dxc. Seems to be flawless so far.

·
Android Lover
156 Posts
Ok so I installed the extended settings but I haven't ran this in so long I forget how to access it lol and when I try to boot into clockwork recovery it won't let me and yes I have the su access enabled

·
Developer
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
"johnny9374 said:
Ok so I installed the extended settings but I haven't ran this in so long I forget how to access it lol and when I try to boot into clockwork recovery it won't let me and yes I have the su access enabled
Upgrade to latest ROM manager, open it up, flash clockwork recover for Droid x 2nd init, reboot to recovery, go to mounts and storage, mount system, go back to install zip from sdcard, choose your extended settings download, reboot

·
Android Apprentice
40 Posts
Thanks for the update DXC! Besides having it restart a few times at first, everything seems up and running 100%. Thanks for helping while Framework is busy. :grin3:

·
Android Apprentice
18 Posts
installed over 1.8.19, following directions, works perfectly. I saw Framework43 twitter post like 6 hours ago he was working on the port. FW43 and DXC you guys are truly appreciated!!!!

·
Android Lover
156 Posts
"droidxchat said:
Upgrade to latest ROM manager, open it up, flash clockwork recover for Droid x 2nd init, reboot to recovery, go to mounts and storage, mount system, go back to install zip from sdcard, choose your extended settings download, reboot
No what I meant was I already installed it I just forget how to access it like which menu am I looking for in my settings to change anything

·
Android Apprentice
77 Posts
It's not in the settings menu anymore. It's now its own App called Miui Control Panel or something like that.
its nice

After this update I now have half stars instead of whole stars in the Android Market.
anyone else?

1 - 20 of 171 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.