Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 581 Posts

·
Developer
53 Posts

Presents the Official
MIUI 2.2.17 ICS ROM

What works? Just about everything so it's easier to list what doesn't work instead.
Themes - most of it applys but have to pull battery after apply and on reboot its themed

• Icons are stock size, I plan on leaving that way but including a 5 row homescreen
    4way boot is done and will be included in fix pack
Instalation Instructions
  • Place ROM zip file in your SD card
  • Boot into recovery
  • Create a backup
  • Fatory reset device
  • Install zip from SD card
  • Reboot and enjoy!
Download links
MIUI.us_toro_2.3.2
http://roms.miui.us

Thanks to |0xD34D|, SuperKid, Blind , Linds6630, Warttack , TreyM, Jface, Bugless Beast Rom used as base, MIUI.COM

·
Premium Member
7,690 Posts
theres no app drawer??? im majorly confused, this is the first time ive ever used a miui
No. think of the launcher as an iOS type launcher. If you want an app drawer put all your apps into a folder and place that folder on the dock. Then when you open the folder all your apps are there.

·
Registered
111 Posts
No. think of the launcher as an iOS type launcher. If you want an app drawer put all your apps into a folder and place that folder on the dock. Then when you open the folder all your apps are there.
This or install Nova launcher or another launcher. I like the launcher MIUI has though ;D

·
Registered
5 Posts
no point in a rom with so much lag. it makes it pointless to flash from a rom like codename or liquid beta 3 to this as it's not pleasurable to use due to the lag.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Can I ask for a second why there is SO much negativity? I'm not going to single anyone one out, but wth? Why is it what as you're typing your reply you have the urge to spit out some stupid poison like in this thread that some people are posting?

"Great start! Lagging too much to be a daily driver but looking forward to checking it out once the lagging issue is resolved"

That's a perfectly good reply V.S.

"OMGWTFBBQ TOO MUCH LAAAAAG THE ROM IS POINTLESS AND STUPID GO HANG YOURSELF"

Ok, so the latter is over exaggerated but my point stands. Since when have we gotten better response out of devs by telling them that their work sucks instead of encouraging them to continue to improve?

Are you all losing your morals just because you have the feeling that it's OK since the receiving party of the flame can't punch you in the face through a monitor?

Seriously, WTH?

EDIT: /rant... re-reading this thread I may have over reacted but still.... I'm seeing this more and more through out the forums!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Can I ask for a second why there is SO much negativity? I'm not going to single anyone one out, but wth? Why is it what as you're typing your reply you have the urge to spit out some stupid poison like in this thread that some people are posting?

"Great start! Lagging too much to be a daily driver but looking forward to checking it out once the lagging issue is resolved"

That's a perfectly good reply V.S.

"OMGWTFBBQ TOO MUCH LAAAAAG THE ROM IS POINTLESS AND STUPID GO HANG YOURSELF"

Ok, so the latter is over exaggerated but my point stands. Since when have we gotten better response out of devs by telling them that their work sucks instead of encouraging them to continue to improve?

Are you all losing your morals just because you have the feeling that it's OK since the receiving party of the flame can't punch you in the face through a monitor?

Seriously, WTH?

EDIT: /rant... re-reading this thread I may have over reacted but still.... I'm seeing this more and more through out the forums!!!
nah your right. i didnt intend for that to be so negative. I do appreciate the work of the devs. Just feels like we are going nowhere with Miui and the nexus. Rom has been out a month and still seems questionable for a daily driver. Just miss my Miui on the incredible. I know it takes time and I appreciate the work thusfar. Sorry to sound so negative

·
Android Beginner
26 Posts
yess i have been waiting for the official to drop. once themes get squared away and we get the extended settings mod, i'm all over this

·
Registered
75 Posts
"bigtime" lag?!?? i'm using this rom and its fast, no lag, and its smooth. Did you even let the rom and kernel settle in? OR try installing another kernel. cause im running leech's miui and i'm experiencing no lag at all.

·
Developer
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The rom is a little laggy compared to what you get in other ics roms. These are beta [email protected] this weeks was less laggy then last weeks. All in all I honestly dont think its such an horrible amount of lag were it couldnt be used as a dailey driver since i have actually used it as a dailer driver for over two weeks. Well got to take the good with the bad.

·
XDA Hater
805 Posts
i will continue to do what i do and for the people that enjoy they will continue to get roms every week!
Ignore the others. I understand that roms like MIUI definitely take time. My Dinc still runs your MIUI builds even though it's in retirement lol

Oh, and please keep us posted. I see you tend to post more often and that "other" site.... lol

·
Witty catchphrase here
144 Posts
i've been waiting to try miui for the nexus fir quite a bit now while waiting for the major bugs to get ironed out. my one question is, do the multi-point lockscreens work with this, or are they broken since they are tied to the themes? As always, thank you Devs for your continued hard work!

1 - 20 of 581 Posts