Android OS Forum banner
21 - 40 of 65 Posts

·
like a tree down by the water baby i shall not mov
1,139 Posts
No I was in no way disrespecting your move, you just happened to have one of the best roms (if not the best) and people are going to keep up with it.
None taken at all man, I'm actually glad to see others joining our happy new tribe over here.

Sent from my ICZen Experience

·
"Retired" Developer
707 Posts
Yep, Stock is SZ Miui Kernel, any ideas on what settings I should use?

This is my second day with the ROM and i'm just having horrible standby battery life. Usually on WeUI after coming back from school (mostly standby) it would be around 70-80% battery life, today it was 48%.
Android OS seems to be taking all of the battery more than 50% of it.
Any ideas?
You gotta figure out what is draining it. Maybe a runaway process, or a widget?

MP

·
Registered
466 Posts
You gotta figure out what is draining it. Maybe a runaway process, or a widget?

MP
Thats the awkward thing, i had the EXACT same setup on a different ROM, same kernel, just different, and barely different ROMS (weUI) and i had really good battery life with that...

·
Android Beginner
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Yep, Stock is SZ Miui Kernel, any ideas on what settings I should use?

This is my second day with the ROM and i'm just having horrible standby battery life. Usually on WeUI after coming back from school (mostly standby) it would be around 70-80% battery life, today it was 48%.
Android OS seems to be taking all of the battery more than 50% of it.
Any ideas?
Did you do the recommend reboots?

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
466 Posts
It may have been my fault, re-read the flashing instructions and figured out i forgot to format /system.
Sorry, thats me to blame for my mistake. I'll let you know how it goes.

BTW, either Jrongi, or MP can answer this, but in the recovery I saw something to do with backup/restore etc.
Whats that about? I've never used a nandroid. Never felt the need to, don't even know how to use it. Is that what it is?
If i did press Backup, what kinds of things does it backup?
Again, sorry for my mistake, i'll let you know how it goes over the next few days

·
"A n00b in need deserves help, indeed!&qu
309 Posts
BTW, either Jrongi, or MP can answer this, but in the recovery I saw something to do with backup/restore etc.
Whats that about? I've never used a nandroid. Never felt the need to, don't even know how to use it. Is that what it is?
It'll make a backup of pretty much everything minus your internal/external sdcard contents. Your system partition, your data partition, and all that other good stuff will all be backed up.

It'll then save all these important files onto you internal SD card within the directory /clockworkmod/backups/...

Sent from my SGH-T959 using RootzWiki

·
"Retired" Developer
707 Posts
It may have been my fault, re-read the flashing instructions and figured out i forgot to format /system.
Sorry, thats me to blame for my mistake. I'll let you know how it goes.

Again, sorry for my mistake, i'll let you know how it goes over the next few days
Dude! You really should start doing Nandroids.

By the way, you can start a Nandroid backup from the CWM Recovery menu, but it will use a timestamp for the filename. Alternatively, you can start the backup from Rom Manager and use any descriptive filename you want.

So, what does it do? It makes an image of all the partitions (except your SD cards) on your phone. Say you try another Rom and decide you don't like it. Well, with a Nandroid backup, you can go back into CWM Recovery (or Rom Manager), and simply restore the Nandroid backup. You don't need to wipe anything, because the Nandroid will restore the exact image of your phone at that time you took the backup. All your apps, settings, and customizations will be there.

I have multiple Nandroids for different roms so that I can quickly switch Roms (or versions) to troubleshoot things or port themes and mods.

MP

EDIT: Looks like N00Bie beat me to it.

Reactions: Woody and xriderx66

·
Registered
466 Posts
about how much space does each nandroid take up? I have about 35 user apps currently.
Thats a really great idea. Thanks guys, making a nandroid right now :D

·
Registered
466 Posts
Thanks, just finished setting up the reflashed ROM.
BTW, everytime i reboot a popup shows up saying Internal data to SD, and i just pressed OK, but it still shows up even after pressing ok, does it even do anything?

·
"Retired" Developer
707 Posts
I think JR's got a workaround for that message, X. I can't remember what it is at the moment.

MP

Reactions: jrongi1

·
Registered
466 Posts
found this posted by jrongi
you can goto downloads app and up the setting to 10meg but the is the best workaround I have found yet.

on xda.

·
Android Beginner
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Thanks, just finished setting up the reflashed ROM.
BTW, everytime i reboot a popup shows up saying Internal data to SD, and i just pressed OK, but it still shows up even after pressing ok, does it even do anything?
yes with and root file explore go to root/data/sdcard there are 2 files in there (pictures & DIMC if I remember the names correctly) delete them.

·
Registered
13 Posts
hey jrongi
I have testing the mini v4 2.4.27,the official build is get some bags, theme broken, monitor FC when exit, so hope you can fix it

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk 2

21 - 40 of 65 Posts