Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
What Up. I have successfully ported MIUI 4 to the Bionic. Took about a day (that sounds really cool saying it). But honestly my objective was to beat dhacker29 to it. I didn't think I was ACTUALLY going to do it. BUT I DID!!!!!!!! YEAH!!!!!! It's weird because I still consider my self a n00b but I just did this. Also a HUGE THANKS To @miui4eva FOR GETTING THIS IDEA IN MY HEAD. He gave me the links for MIUI Portation(made that word up) and I just went to work. Also THANKS TO dHacker29 for letting me use his ICS Rom as my base.
AND you Must be on the .902 update to install this!!

LAST UPDATED: 03-08-12

Working:

4g (go to gsm only then wait for flash and go back to cdma/lte)

3g (*#*#4636#*#* then toggle gsm only then go to LTE/CDMA then go to CDMA only)

WiFi

Camera

Phone Calls

Text Messaging

Internal SDcard mounts to PC

Not working :

Video Camera

Front Facing Camera

External SDcard does not mount to PC

Bugs that Need to be Squished:

Data drops here and there

3g intermittent might be by location

Messaging app is Ioopy, can't just type name and send message actually have to go to phone book to message them.

Can't change wallpaper, well you can but your wallpaper will be black

Minor graphical glitches might be due to porting phone resolution or the cm9 buiId

Storage space inaccurate.

4g drains battery quickly... The team will have to do some more tests

Added Apps:

New Market (Google Play)

New Music (Play Music)

DSPManager

Phoneinfo

Pandora

Apex Launcher

RomToolbox

WiFi Tether

Here's some Screenshots

My miUi

Don't hate Mike.

Please if you have a Buck to spare.. Donate to my PayPal... God knows I need a few bucks.

Donations Accepted

Rom:

miui4eva

·
Registered
92 Posts
Thanks a lot im loving all the ROM development going on lately. Almost too much because I want to try them all lol. But the rom looks good, never been a big fan of miui so ill probably hold off on flashing but probably will in the near future just to check it out. One other thing how is miui pronounced i was having an argument the other day with a friend is it like my-ui or more like me-we?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks a lot im loving all the ROM development going on lately. Almost too much because I want to try them all lol. But the rom looks good, never been a big fan of miui so ill probably hold off on flashing but probably will in the near future just to check it out. One other thing how is miui pronounced i was having an argument the other day with a friend is it like my-ui or more like me-we?
me you ee

·
Registered
62 Posts
How about instead of giving the guy a hard time about alpha or beta you guys concentrate more on finding bugs and thanking someone else for stepping up to the plate and developing another rom for the phone that we all thought would be abandoned.

·
Premium Member
530 Posts
How about instead of giving the guy a hard time about alpha or beta you guys concentrate more on finding bugs and thanking someone else for stepping up to the plate and developing another rom for the phone that we all thought would be abandoned.
Hey moron, I have been helping him from the beginning. Oh I also provide him free server space. Its called fun. Now mind ur own business.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
what was taken?
We should be done with this honestly, it's a new day!

You mentioned that no other "alpha" rom has 4G. The line I pasted it from dhackers AOKP Rom thread, which has 4G working.

Not bashing or trying to start problems, just thought i'd point it out based on your post before it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
We should be done with this honestly, it's a new day!

You mentioned that no other "alpha" rom has 4G. The line I pasted it from dhackers AOKP Rom thread, which has 4G working.

Not bashing or trying to start problems, just thought i'd point it out based on your post before it.
ohhh didn't know that

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just came across this! Loved MIUI on my X and Inc2, and now its coming to Bionic. Flashing this asap. Will live without the cameras.. for now :)

Cheers InSaNeMoD

1 - 20 of 52 Posts