Android OS Forum banner
21 - 40 of 232 Posts

·
Android Master
3,956 Posts
rsims26 said:
Not supposed to use Clockwork with CM7. Plus, correct me if I'm wrong, but you needed to be on a 596, which CM7 is not. SBF is probably your only way out. Good luck
CM7 uses clockwork. When you reboot into recovery, it boots into 2.5.0.8 CWR. You just aren't supposed to use Koush's bootstrapper or it breaks things. You reboot into CWR from the power button menu, or from Rom Manager. No need for the D2/X Bootstrapper at all.

·
Android Master
3,956 Posts
Dewguzzler said:
so u took two ROMs already out and pick and chose the stuff you used?
No, the Devs responsible for those two ROMs combined their efforts into one joint project. Not the same as a third party (Drew) taking parts or the whole thing from them and mishmoshing them together to stamp their own name on it.

·
Themer
332 Posts
INt_Rnd_Pooka said:
No, the Devs responsible for those two ROMs combined their efforts into one joint project. Not the same as a third party (Drew) taking parts or the whole thing from them and mishmoshing them together to stamp their own name on it.
and then drew has the gall to charge for nightlies lol, however this is kinda third person if jrummy and apex didnt collaborate just the OP got permission, idk guess im partial to true AOSP, idk how you can have AOSP in the title without being true AOSP

·
Android Master
3,956 Posts
Dewguzzler said:
and then drew has the gall to charge for nightlies lol, however this is kinda third person if jrummy and apex didnt collaborate just the OP got permission, idk guess im partial to true AOSP, idk how you can have AOSP in the title without being true AOSP
As per the OP ---> AOSP Liberty GB --- Via Collaboration between myself, jrummy16, & Fabolous

Sounds like they were at least involved in a consultant sense. If not more. I may be reading too much into it.

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Dewguzzler said:
no, the op worked with fab & jrummy to this working. i am lucky enough to have two of the best devs in the game as friends & that are always down to help when i need it. I love jrummy's work, yah im partial since a member of team liberty, but he's a great guy on the personal note. Hope everyone enjoys my project, just wanted to share something i love, & a project i was of. Thanks.

·
Themer
332 Posts
mobile_sensei said:
no, the op worked with fab & jrummy to this working. i am lucky enough to have two of the best devs in the game as friends & that are always down to help when i need it. I love jrummy's work, yah im partial since a member of team liberty, but he's a great guy on the personal note. Hope everyone enjoys my project, just wanted to share something i love, & a project i was of. Thanks.
like i said taking the best of two ROMs

edit: just fyi guys i wasnt meaning it was bad or anything

·
Android Beginner
1 Posts
I have to say this ROM is just what I wanted! So far the only thing that bothers me at all is not having camera that can do widescreen which I got with the Blur one, but I can live with that. Please keep this one going, I love how "clean" and FAST things feel!

·
Average Android
106 Posts
I was wondering if since the kernel for cm7 is based off froyo, if I can just flash the 2pt install of .596...so then I could flash liberty over that? ...I currently can't sbf cause I have no access to a PC....needless to say I don't wanna get a soft brick. Could someone please enlighten me. Thanks

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
yes, you can do that. just make sure that it will update for you though. i tried it on my dev phone & it wouldnt work on nightly #7 but worked fine on other builds?

·
Average Android
106 Posts
Gonna flash the first beta then try the 2pt install so I can try this new AOSP liberty. I was on apex several times and liberty. So this makes perfect sense to me.
I'm amazed at the amount of support the dx is still getting! Thanks to everyone involved (except drew!!!) :-

This method didn't work...the usual. Something from blur wasn't found during a system check...

Well, back on nightly #7...definitely not a bad thing...I can squeeze only about 12hrs. battery life with slightly moderate use. I can get a day and half on GB .596...

·
Android Enthusiast
1,116 Posts
cybrwulf said:
I have to say this ROM is just what I wanted! So far the only thing that bothers me at all is not having camera that can do widescreen which I got with the Blur one, but I can live with that. Please keep this one going, I love how "clean" and FAST things feel!
Could a signed blur camera apk work on this build Mobile_Sensei?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

·
Android Apprentice
26 Posts
YES! So happy I didn't jump on the CM train!

I'm on Liberty v0.8, downloading this ROM now, and will report back on how the install went.

·
Supporting Member
151 Posts
soulsiphoner said:
Gonna flash the first beta then try the 2pt install so I can try this new AOSP liberty. I was on apex several times and liberty. So this makes perfect sense to me.
I'm amazed at the amount of support the dx is still getting! Thanks to everyone involved (except drew!!!) :-

This method didn't work...the usual. Something from blur wasn't found during a system check...

Well, back on nightly #7...definitely not a bad thing...I can squeeze only about 12hrs. battery life with slightly moderate use. I can get a day and half on GB .596...
If you didnt want to SBF when you get home, you can buy the TBH app, download the All-In-One .596 update zip, follow the instructions to flash that, and then flash this ROM. That will get you out of CM7 clean, and onto this. I used it last night for the first time last night while I was out at the bar (haha) to go from CM7 to Liberty GB 0.8 and it worked perfect.

I'll probably flash this ROM tomorrow, I want to get a little more time in playing with Liberty GB, but this looks very cool. Well done guys.

21 - 40 of 232 Posts