Android OS Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Android Beginner
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
CyanogenMod is a free, community built distribution of Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.

This is an alpha release, but you should find it stable for everyday use.

THIS IS NOT HTC SENSE AND NEVER WILL BE. DO NOT ASK ABOUT IT IN THIS THREAD. THANK YOU.

Code:
<br />
#include <std_disclaimer.h><br />
/*<br />
* Your warranty is now void.<br />
*<br />
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,<br />
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please<br />
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM<br />
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if<br />
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.<br />
*/<br />
This is an AOSP-based build with extra contributions from many people which you can use without any type of Google applications. I found a link from some other project that can be used to restore the Google parts, which can be found below or elsewhere in the thread. I've still included the various hardware-specific code, which seems to be slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Visit the CHANGELOG for a full list of changes and features!

All source code will eventually available at the CyanogenMod Github!

Kernel source code is availible at kornyone's github!

If you'd like to to contribute to CyanogenMod, checkout our Gerrit instance.

INSTRUCTIONS:
- First time flashing CM 7 to your MyTouch4g Slide (or coming from another ROM)?
1. Unlock/root your device and install Clockwork Recovery via ROM Manager.
2. Do a Nandroid backup!
3. WIPE
4. Install the ROM
5. Optionally install the Google Addon

- Upgrading from earlier CM7 or nightly build?
1. Do a Nandroid Backup!
2. Install the ROM (your Google apps will be backed up automatically)

HOW TO REPORT BUGS OR PROBLEMS?
- Was it a hard reboot? Get me the file "/proc/last_kmsg".
- Was it a soft reboot or a "boot loop"? Run "adb logcat" and get me the full output.
- Pastebin links preferred
- Please use the issue tracker whenever possible!

*Coming soon* Please visit the CyanogenMod Wiki for step-by-step installation walkthroughs and tons of other useful information.

Download Link

Thank you to EVERYONE involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging and documenting! Enjoy!

The current buglist:
- Recording in HD Video is limited to 720p currently.
- Camera zoom is limited to 2X.
- Certain browser issues, such as reported crashes and flash 11 movie compatibility issues. (CyanogenMod).

Other than those (relatively) minor bugs, this rom is perfect.

New Changes
- New release SelfKang1.
- All the good stuff in CM 7.1 / AOSP 2.3.7. I suggest looking at the official changelog for more information.

Please note flashing someone else's kernel may ruin your experience with this rom and I advise against it. This rom was a joint effort between Kmobs, Bumblebee, cretin45, toastcfh, defer, myself, and the rest of the CM team.

I am one of the newest members of TeamDouche (CyanogenMod), brought in to grow and maintain device support for the MyTouch4G Slide (Doubleshot).

·
Banned
1,804 Posts
wwjoshdew said:
Getting this phone today. My wife is getting the LG G2x. I want this because it's not Tegra 2 and has a keyboard.

Sent from my EVO3D with CM7 using Tapatalk!
You will love this phone. All my roms max this phone out. My wife has the g2x and loves it.

Sent from my RubiX CubeD XtremE MT4GS using RootzWiki Forums

·
Registered
3 Posts
This phone is like so crippled by the lack of support for development and limited devs. I hate using touchscreen only. I guess HTC is either gonna make me buy a moto droid 4. If kornyone was to abandon mt4gs, then he should at least fix this version to stable

·
Virtuous Team
284 Posts
This phone is like so crippled by the lack of support for development and limited devs. I hate using touchscreen only. I guess HTC is either gonna make me buy a moto droid 4. If kornyone was to abandon mt4gs, then he should at least fix this version to stable
Theres cm7, sense 3, 3.5, 3.6, 4.0, aokp, aospish, miui. Whats limited? Check some other devices that are really lacking.

Sent from my myTouch 4G Slide using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
107 Posts
this is a real limited dev community. http://forum.xda-dev...play.php?f=1490
they have one usable rom...and its gb
Exactly why I didn't get that phone :)
And the camera isn't amazing and it's plasticky. People don't realize how great the dev community here is.
And the summer to come. There's going to be some great rom releases from you, tbalden, agentcherrycola, nomynomynomy, and others (so i've heard).

AND with an updated kernel source released, hopefully we can get some really stable roms up and running. Not to mention nearly every device with the same hardware has been getting ICS, so it should be even easier to port roms

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm just saying. This is an HTC device and yet still it's hindered by the lack of support. I understand that kornyone's contributions have led us to where the device is at now, but why would he say that development is continuing for this device but come out with nothing after almost half a year except a broken version of cm7? I mean, other devices are already getting alpha versions of CM9 for gods sake. If he was to abandon the device then at least say so instead of just not saying anything. This dude completely disappeared after dropping this rom. I mean, thats not to say CM7 sux because in my opinion, its better than ICS because of "Quick Launch" shortcuts. I'm not saying the dev community sux or nothing, just false promises and lack of updates from cm team leaves me with question marks everywhere.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I'm just saying. This is an HTC device and yet still it's hindered by the lack of support. I understand that kornyone's contributions have led us to where the device is at now, but why would he say that development is continuing for this device but come out with nothing after almost half a year except a broken version of cm7? I mean, other devices are already getting alpha versions of CM9 for gods sake. If he was to abandon the device then at least say so instead of just not saying anything. This dude completely disappeared after dropping this rom. I mean, thats not to say CM7 sux because in my opinion, its better than ICS because of "Quick Launch" shortcuts. I'm not saying the dev community sux or nothing, just false promises and lack of updates from cm team leaves me with question marks everywhere.
kornyone has been dealing with a lot of personal issues, which has prevented him from devving. Whether or not he updates us on his status is his discretion.
With the updated kernel source however, we should be able to get a more stable CM7 rom...
And forget about alpha versions of CM9. We already have AOKP. very few things left to address in that rom. And virtuous inquisition is even more complete (if AOSP is what you're after)

·
Registered
23 Posts
yeah, VirtInq is a fantastic ROM, it's entirely daily driver-worthy. Sure it's not strictly an AOSP build...but it seems a bit rich whining about this phone when we have really solid ROMs for 2.3.6 + Sense, 2.3.6 no Sense, and ICS no Sense (the Virtuous Sense build is still a bit flaky, I hear). That's a pretty good record for a phone.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.