Android OS Forum banner
661 - 679 of 679 Posts

·
Cheese Head Killer
123 Posts
Only quirks I get are the annoying ring sound before I get an incoming call. Mostly seems to notice it while my phone is in use. And radio issues. Sometimes I do have to turn the radio on and then off. But that doesn't take long and to get over these things I think about all the annoying things that TW does. So it's an even trade off.

·
Need Skillz
497 Posts
Yeah, confirmed, data issue in low coverage still persists as of build 112.

When in very low data for an extended period of time, the data (both 1x and 3G) drop out...voice and SMS work fine, but data is hosed. This continues until phone is power cycled or airplane mode is toggled.

Was at my g/f's for thanksgiving and her room only has like ~-95-100db signal (very low). Three times over the course of the last 2 days I had to toggle airplane mode to get my data back. Had a feeling that issue hasn't gone anywhere, but I haven't had a way to test it since I'm practically swimming in 3G coverage...

No, the ESN swap fix does NOT fix this problem.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Do you leave wifi on?

I noticed that if I'm in my house and turn wifi on, then leave without turning it off, then the modem never reconnects until a toggle airplane mode. If I disable wifi before leaving, then sometimes I don't have to toggle airplane mode to get the modem to pick back up.

As far as I'm aware, this has been a problem since the beginning. Different ROMs/modems/kernels seem to be better then others, but there seems to be too many variables to figure out what is causing it, since it seems like its different from phone to phone.

My standard line has always been that it is probably a flaw in the hardware, and Samsung wrote hacky modem code to work around it. They've done it before, there is no reason to think they didn't do it again.

Reference from all the way back in march: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=11822679&postcount=35

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
As chopper the dog posted in another thread. Leave either wifi or data on not both...the problem is the data handoff and as gizmo said. I never have data drop no matter what the signal is long as I dont have both on.

·
The Lost Junglist
602 Posts
So at this point can we assume that the buildbot isn't just down? It's been 2 weeks since the last nightly and there is a TON of stuff in the changelog awaiting confirmation for the next release... Anybody have any insight as to what's going on?

(and please don't say something stupid like "well if you paid attention to Twitter...", I'm looking for information and not flaming retard spew.)

·
Android Apprentice
117 Posts
Yes, the buildbot is down. Not eta of when it's coming back. 98% of the changes you see won't affect Fascinate builds though. Automatically ignore the ICS stuff and anything pertaining to other devices. I saw a couple of general framework changes but it's not much more than a bugfix or two.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

·
Android Beginner
57 Posts
no insight but a guess - since ICS hit a bunch of forking decisions are being made & built & it's taking a bit? Thought it was on some big media sites gonna be CM9... the change log ref's "ICS" 4 times & counting...

Running n112 w/ glitch v13. not too bad. waiting... *crickets*

·
Android Apprentice
117 Posts
no insight but a guess - since ICS hit a bunch of forking decisions are being made & built & it's taking a bit? Thought it was on some big media sites gonna be CM9... the change log ref's "ICS" 4 times & counting...

Running n112 w/ glitch v13. not too bad. waiting... *crickets*
Coming from the horse's mouth (too lazy to link to the tweet though) when the bot comes back, it will not be CM9. That's a long way off.

·
In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king
34 Posts
I apologize if this has already been asked, but I ran a search of the CM7 release thread, this thread and Alphalulz and did not see any info. The latest Alphalulz ninjav4 ICS is able to determine if the MTD partitions are the correct size, and therefore does not require ODIN to my understanding. I am curious as to whether any of the CM7 nightlies or stable release are able to this. Or will I have to completely ODIN back to stock to revert to CM7 if I so choose?

·
Android Apprentice
36 Posts
I apologize if this has already been asked, but I ran a search of the CM7 release thread, this thread and Alphalulz and did not see any info. The latest Alphalulz ninjav4 ICS is able to determine if the MTD partitions are the correct size, and therefore does not require ODIN to my understanding. I am curious as to whether any of the CM7 nightlies or stable release are able to this. Or will I have to completely ODIN back to stock to revert to CM7 if I so choose?
Correct you can go right from Cm7 to jt's ics alpha 3 or 4 directly, I've done it more than once myself

·
In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king
34 Posts
He was asking about going the other way...

As far as I know, you have to go back to stock to return to CM7.
This is correct. What I am really asking is whether the script for bml/mtd on the cm7 .zip simply checks if it is mtd/bml or if it checks exact size, and resizes as such.

EDIT: JT explained to me that only the ICS releases check the partition size. So when reverting back to CM7 from the ICS roms, one must ODIN back to stock.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Aske in panic, problem solved.
Can someone delete this post.
Thanks !

///Hi all,
Just installed CyanogenMod-7-11162011-Nightly-Fascinate, Awesome, I have the coolest paperweight ever.
THANKS !
I really need some help. Please redirect me if this is in wrong thread to ask.
Im out of town working, and I cant get my phone contacts on my fascinate now. No backup assistant , and I just cannot figure this out.
What good is a paper weight without peoples numbers ??? Heheheheheheee.
Thanks in advance
PEACE !!

·
Bricker of all things
68 Posts
Aske in panic, problem solved.
Can someone delete this post.
Thanks !

///Hi all,
Just installed CyanogenMod-7-11162011-Nightly-Fascinate, Awesome, I have the coolest paperweight ever.
THANKS !
I really need some help. Please redirect me if this is in wrong thread to ask.
Im out of town working, and I cant get my phone contacts on my fascinate now. No backup assistant , and I just cannot figure this out.
What good is a paper weight without peoples numbers ??? Heheheheheheee.
Thanks in advance
PEACE !!
you need to flash gapps and sign into a Google account

Sent from my SCH-I500

661 - 679 of 679 Posts