Android OS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Kernel Dev
897 Posts
Hi all,
This rom has been floating around on the forums for a while now, and i am very happy to bring this to RootzWiki. It will not receive updates often (due to the complexity of the port). So, without further adieu, here is the rom:

Credits: Sephtin for deodexing the base, the cm team for the kernel, that's about it for now.

This is a q 'n d (quick and dirty) port of ninjablur from the DroidX . It is still froyo 2.2. I will say it once, it is basically useless, but it is a novelty to use.

NOTE: AS OF 6/18 THIS IS NOW BASED OFF OF THE DX .340 OTA. THIS IS CONSIDERABLY NEWER THAN OLDER VERSION OF MINE (OR KANG'D VERSIONS OF MY ORIGINAL BASE).

Long buglist:
No Camera
No Camcorder
No Sound
No Mic
Turning off screen will kill the rom.
Really bad screen tearing
No wifi
No Bluetooth

Short list of what works
EGL partially works. Hardware acceleration works pretty well, but screen tears
Data
Mms
Hard buttons (barely)
It boots.

As you can see, it is far from a daily driver. As a matter of fact, it is most likely that this will always remain in this state. This is meant to be used for 5 minutes or so just to test out how another OEM skin will work on our phone. This may change one day, but for now, here ya go.

Installation:
Download the zip
Boot to recovery and do a full wipe
Flash the blur.zip
Reboot
Enjoy

Or

Screenshot:
http://twitpic.com/43e4rr
Downloads:
http://bit.ly/mLETMW

·
Android Lover
127 Posts
oh wow. Even though i hate blur, it is very nice to see this being worked on. Great work man, cant even imagine how difficult it was.

·
Kernel Dev
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
IRONMatt said:
oh wow. Even though i hate blur, it is very nice to see this being worked on. Great work man, cant even imagine how difficult it was.
This is one of the most difficult roms I've ever worked on......and getting it to the stage its at right now was the easy part.....think god I'm off all summer and have time to work on this rom a lot more.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts