Android OS Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,873 Posts
Sighcosis said:
OK so my understanding of ROMs is about enough to get me in trouble. I can use em but creating is another story.

From what I am seeing this is what phidelt82 used to do with his Pick and Pack. Removing some bloat from the Factory Installed crap. I also see that it has a few apps added, one being Superuser, so its rooted as well.

I mean damn. Dude made an effort to contribute why the third degree and grief. I don't know about anyone else but I am gonna be stuck with this phone for another year and the more people I see supporting and doing work on it the happier I am,

So Thank you kind sir for your effort and to all others here that do the work so people like myself can tinker and play like we think we know something.
False. Phidelt did a lot more to PNP than simply remove some apps.

·
Premium Member
592 Posts
Guess I don't pay much attention to threads outside of heinz so I must have missed this one somehow. Since the thread has been recently modified I can't tell for sure what's been said or not said, so here's my dime on the matter: This is dangerously close to what's already available in these same threads. I dig that it's an odin flash and all that jazz and that you've removed the files from the system folder so there's less overhead load on flash.

I'm curious as to what you think happens differently in your odin than my cwm zip. I don't want to assume on your intelligence, so I'm asking for your stand point, in some better detail than "less overhead", as it's really a six of one/half dozen of the other situation as far as I can see.

From what I understand, during the flash process in odin or cwm, the files in question are missing from the system folder...that's why they aren't there when you boot the phone. Does odin perform a process that operates at a noticeably different level than cwm when it comes to about 60 mb worth of data?

I personally encourage anyone that is interested in development to get their hands in the mix, but I personally would like to see something different. I not asking you to change anything, or even make another rom. I just think that the community would receive you better for more originality/creativity/perks/tweaks/pick a feature...

mdietz, is there any real guideline involving rom development and similarities regarding releases? The reason I ask is because it makes theming and modding a nightmare when you have very similar roms available to the community. This leads to bad flashes and nightmares on the user end moreso than for guys like me, and ultimately reflects on the community. If not, then it's my opinion that community response shouldn't be censored, as it's the way we gauge our releases after all. If there is some structure in place to allow moderation on your guys end, to diff and comp each rom for community fitness, then that's cool, where can I check out/refer people to this information?

Thanks again, dsk04, for your contribution, I personally appreciate it. I hope to see some cool stuff in the future!

·
Android Apprentice
483 Posts
Guess I don't pay much attention to threads outside of heinz so I must have missed this one somehow. Since the thread has been recently modified I can't tell for sure what's been said or not said, so here's my dime on the matter: This is dangerously close to what's already available in these same threads. I dig that it's an odin flash and all that jazz and that you've removed the files from the system folder so there's less overhead load on flash.

I'm curious as to what you think happens differently in your odin than my cwm zip. I don't want to assume on your intelligence, so I'm asking for your stand point, in some better detail than "less overhead", as it's really a six of one/half dozen of the other situation as far as I can see.

From what I understand, during the flash process in odin or cwm, the files in question are missing from the system folder...that's why they aren't there when you boot the phone. Does odin perform a process that operates at a noticeably different level than cwm when it comes to about 60 mb worth of data?

I personally encourage anyone that is interested in development to get their hands in the mix, but I personally would like to see something different. I not asking you to change anything, or even make another rom. I just think that the community would receive you better for more originality/creativity/perks/tweaks/pick a feature...

mdietz, is there any real guideline involving rom development and similarities regarding releases? The reason I ask is because it makes theming and modding a nightmare when you have very similar roms available to the community. This leads to bad flashes and nightmares on the user end moreso than for guys like me, and ultimately reflects on the community. If not, then it's my opinion that community response shouldn't be censored, as it's the way we gauge our releases after all. If there is some structure in place to allow moderation on your guys end, to diff and comp each rom for community fitness, then that's cool, where can I check out/refer people to this information?

Thanks again, dsk04, for your contribution, I personally appreciate it. I hope to see some cool stuff in the future!
well said +1 encouragement is most likely the thing that produces the best results here. and that can only come through communication...

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.