Android OS Forum banner

[ROM] Odin EH09_STRIPPED_(essentials) GingerBread 2.3.4 working / Mesmerize

9K views 25 replies 12 participants last post by  akellar 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
fix problem with EH09 not working(missing factory reset after flash), will reset automatically

stock EH09 opened in editer and stripped unnecessary apps, replaced a few like (myfiles, browser, calendar, tw wallpapers, calculator), should have 1.52GB free, just put your music player on and your good to go.

SuperUser is installed just have to apply a zip in recovery.

includes

-- PicSpeed HD wallpaper
-- Dolphin browser
-- ES File Explorer
-- Calendar Pad
-- RealCalc
-- Superuser

Just flash with Odin, allow it to boot, and your good to add the rest of you apps, you must use the stock recovery for the first boot. after that flash recovery, apply "su-2.3.6.1.x.zip" in clockwork, and you'll have su.

Download, right click and save LINK as...

any questions PM me

See less See more
#3 · (Edited by Moderator)

Attachments

#11 ·
dsk04 said:
no its stock stripped of the unnecessary apps, removed from the file factoryfs.rfs, without running it on a system
So its stock... with some apps taken out.... and i dont understand the rest, removed from factoryfs.rfs? without running it on system????

#17 ·
dsk04 said:
i can modify the factoryfs.rfs with an editor
You can just mount it in linux and move things in and out lol

dsk04 said:
if you do that theres overhead in the /data, this is not done with an uninstaller
This makes no sense....

dsk04 said:
its the eh09 msmerize stock image ripped, the one that just released, it has a fix for the stock image looping when booting
All the stock eh09 in the Mesmerize/Showcase forum dont and never did this.

#19 ·
OK so my understanding of ROMs is about enough to get me in trouble. I can use em but creating is another story.

From what I am seeing this is what phidelt82 used to do with his Pick and Pack. Removing some bloat from the Factory Installed crap. I also see that it has a few apps added, one being Superuser, so its rooted as well.

I mean damn. Dude made an effort to contribute why the third degree and grief. I don't know about anyone else but I am gonna be stuck with this phone for another year and the more people I see supporting and doing work on it the happier I am,

So Thank you kind sir for your effort and to all others here that do the work so people like myself can tinker and play like we think we know something.

#21 ·
Sighcosis said:
OK so my understanding of ROMs is about enough to get me in trouble. I can use em but creating is another story.

From what I am seeing this is what phidelt82 used to do with his Pick and Pack. Removing some bloat from the Factory Installed crap. I also see that it has a few apps added, one being Superuser, so its rooted as well.

I mean damn. Dude made an effort to contribute why the third degree and grief. I don't know about anyone else but I am gonna be stuck with this phone for another year and the more people I see supporting and doing work on it the happier I am,

So Thank you kind sir for your effort and to all others here that do the work so people like myself can tinker and play like we think we know something.
False. Phidelt did a lot more to PNP than simply remove some apps.

#24 · (Edited by Moderator)
Guess I don't pay much attention to threads outside of heinz so I must have missed this one somehow. Since the thread has been recently modified I can't tell for sure what's been said or not said, so here's my dime on the matter: This is dangerously close to what's already available in these same threads. I dig that it's an odin flash and all that jazz and that you've removed the files from the system folder so there's less overhead load on flash.

I'm curious as to what you think happens differently in your odin than my cwm zip. I don't want to assume on your intelligence, so I'm asking for your stand point, in some better detail than "less overhead", as it's really a six of one/half dozen of the other situation as far as I can see.

From what I understand, during the flash process in odin or cwm, the files in question are missing from the system folder...that's why they aren't there when you boot the phone. Does odin perform a process that operates at a noticeably different level than cwm when it comes to about 60 mb worth of data?

I personally encourage anyone that is interested in development to get their hands in the mix, but I personally would like to see something different. I not asking you to change anything, or even make another rom. I just think that the community would receive you better for more originality/creativity/perks/tweaks/pick a feature...

mdietz, is there any real guideline involving rom development and similarities regarding releases? The reason I ask is because it makes theming and modding a nightmare when you have very similar roms available to the community. This leads to bad flashes and nightmares on the user end moreso than for guys like me, and ultimately reflects on the community. If not, then it's my opinion that community response shouldn't be censored, as it's the way we gauge our releases after all. If there is some structure in place to allow moderation on your guys end, to diff and comp each rom for community fitness, then that's cool, where can I check out/refer people to this information?

Thanks again, dsk04, for your contribution, I personally appreciate it. I hope to see some cool stuff in the future!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.