Android OS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Android Beginner
22 Posts
I'm currently running [ROM] Official 1.70.605.0 MR2 OTA Deodexed Rooted Busybox as my ROM with the 1.70.605.0 Radio.

I enjoy the stock looking froyo Roms however I would like to modify a few of the Status bar indicators. The first one being the Battery indicator in the status bar.
Instead of the traditional battery indicator that leaves you guessing as to what percentage of the battery is left I have looked around the "that other place..ha ha" Thunderbolt section for a thread that would help me to add the percentage increments onto the battery icon itself.
I did find 1 such thread in the Thunderbolt Themes and Apps section.
I followed the directions to the letter (nothing really that hard about it) and after rebooting my device, I got hung on the Thunderbolt Splash Screen for what seemed like an eternity.
I pulled the battery, rebooted into recovery, found my backup and flashed it.

Again just looking for some direction as to what I need to be looking for in order to modify my deodexed Rom. By modifying I mean changing my battery indicator as well as replacing the 4bar signal indicator to the 6bar indicator. And possibly removing the gps indicator all together.

If I'm doing something wrong by all means let me know. I got big shoulders j/k.:tongue3:
I am wanting to learn.

·
Android Beginner
22 Posts
@area52

Thanks for the info.
The 20 percent increments is something however it was not what I was looking for. You did give me the insight as to why my device hung on the splash screen. I was trying to flash a zip that had an animated battery icon that used the 1% battery increments. And being that I was on stack I'm willing to bet that this was causing my hangup issue.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts