Difficulty:: Easy

Mod Base:: CyanogenMod

Mod Status:: Nightly

Apply In:: CWM Recovery

Carrier:: N/A

Requires Root:: Yes

Android Version:: 4.0.3 (ICS)

Source::

First off, I am not in any way affiliated with the CyanogenMOD and for that matter I am not a developer by any means. However 'nightlies' (2 of them at this point) have started up for the TF101 from Cyanogen and I think this tablet deserves a dedicated forum at RootzWiki.

Code:
<br />
#include <std_disclaimer.h><br />
/*<br />
* Your warranty is now void.<br />
*<br />
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,<br />
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please<br />
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM<br />
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if<br />
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.<br />
*/<br />
| Bugs |
-Start posting about them

| Changelog & Merges |

| Latest Nightly |

| Latest Stable |

| Latest GApps |

·
Nothing Is Impossible
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I put this on last night, didn't have much time to play around with it but Camera and Wifi are definitely working.

I am currently trying to setup my computer to compile CM7 for the Incredible, hasn't worked too well so far but I'm getting there. After I get that going smoothly I will try and do the same for the Transformer, assuming the buildbot hasn't picked up the pace at that point.

·
Nothing Is Impossible
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bluetooth and Wireless are working great. Trying to find out if there is a native screenshot option

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using RootzWiki

·
Android Apprentice
68 Posts
Flashed this yesterday & running great. My only complaints are the boot animation doesn't fill the screen & I have the cell signal indicator (which I can't get rid of).
Other than that it runs sweet.

·
Nothing Is Impossible
872 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hey what's the simplest rooting method for the TF101? I was easily able to Root and unlock my bootloader on my Galaxy Nexus with a one click root. I am a flashoholic but not the most technically savvy when it comes to running terminal commands especially when it can easily brick my devices.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

·
Nothing Is Impossible
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey what's the simplest rooting method for the TF101? I was easily able to Root and unlock my bootloader on my Galaxy Nexus with a one click root. I am a flashoholic but not the most technically savvy when it comes to running terminal commands especially when it can easily brick my devices.

I forgot exactly which option I used, but it was very similar to this and this is tested on ICS.

http://www.redmondpie.com/root-asus-transformer-tf101-on-android-4.0.3-ics-using-permanent-root-method-tutorial/

First, don't be scared of the terminal, second, it is quite hard to "truly" brick any android device. This method is quite simple, just take your time. Let me know if you run into any issues.

·
Android Beginner
19 Posts
I just flashed this last night and I love it! Ive been waiting for CM9 on my Transformer and Im glad this is available! Big thanks to elpeterson and the entire CM team! The battery life is amazing, better then Revolver IMO. Im going to use this as my daily driver and upgrade as further advances are made with it. This is where its at for me!!

·
Nothing Is Impossible
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just flashed this last night and I love it! Ive been waiting for CM9 on my Transformer and Im glad this is available! Big thanks to elpeterson and the entire CM team! The battery life is amazing, better then Revolver IMO. Im going to use this as my daily driver and upgrade as further advances are made with it. This is where its at for me!!
No need to thank me haha, this tablet just needed some love here at Rootz. Hopefully if I can get CM7 nightlies compiling I can move on to this.

·
Nothing Is Impossible
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Do you have Google+? https://plus.google.com/u/0/106212404479280253365/posts/AnVVvWzF6T1 <-- A root method a friend just did

·
Registered
39 Posts
No I don't have a Google+ account can you create a new thread/ download and how to for that method?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 58 Posts