Android OS Forum banner
61 - 80 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had the same issue. Coming from stock+. Get splash screen then black and reboot direct into recovery 5x. I got it to load when I wiped mounts first then data/factory reset then Rom.

Stock+&Tiny's kernel+07.07 Radio
Yup same...Did the same thing. After being stuck on the 1st HTC Screen, took out the battery and wiped the ones in the storage mount area first and installed the update twice just to make sure.

·
Registered
8 Posts
yes. also dont worry about wiping anything. just flash it. And first boot after the flash will take a little bit.
To do this, I just go to ClockwordMod Recovery, hit "install zip from sdcard," select "wildstang83_2.6.35.13_11172011.zip" and let it run? (Just wondering because the last time I did this I got your new 2.3.4 ROM and I don't want to break it while applying a new kernel)

Edit: Disregard. Found answer: http://forum.xda-dev...9&postcount=321

Edit 2: My baseband version is 2.15.00.07.28, should I upgrade it to 2.15.10.07.07 and how would I do that?

·
Super Developer
112 Posts
Yes actually you should. 7.28 was for froyo and of course .07.07 is for GB.

To update your radio you need to go here: http://pvillecomp.com/?page_id=18
Grab the 2.15.10.07.07 file. Once you have it downloaded, move it to your SD Card. Verify the MD5 sum as usual. If the MD5 Is good then rename the zip file from PB31IMG-radio-2.15.10.07.07.zip to PB31IMG.zip. Reboot to HBOOT. Hboot will scan and find the PB31IMG.zip and then prompt you to apply the update. Just follow the given instructions in Hboot. When its done it'll ask you to reboot. Reboot the phone and your done. Simple.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks! I'm running your kernel with the 07.07 radio now. I also installed the nifty 1% battery mod. Now I'm cruising the forums for more neat mods, haha.

·
Super Developer
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
I wanted to say thank you to everyone using my stuff and to everyone who has donated so far. In honor of you guys, I've placed a donators list in my OP and will be keeping it updated as more people donate. I've also done the same thing over on xda as well. Also for everyone that has not noticed yet, I did put a donate link in my signature. Its real light. So you have to look kinda hard but I'm also keeping a toll of how close I am to my goal so far. I am not asking anyone to donate, however I do truly appreciate every little bit. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
19 Posts
wildstang83 said:
Well basically this new build is based off of the full official RUU released from VZW. It is no longer based off of the OTA Nandroid capture like the old version was. Generally, RUU built roms are considered more official and stable than an OTA based rom.
I know I asked this in my PM but just so everyone can see: if we're not having any problems with the "non-official" ROM, is it worth the trouble to guy through wiping and reinstalling everything?

·
Android Beginner
8 Posts
Hey Stang, first off thanks for all you do. Second, I just came from the eris to the incredible and I'm already rooted and s-off. My noob question is, do I flash this like regular? Not understanding MD5 sum... Also, which kernal do you recommend? I'm coming back from a deployment and just wanting to try some roms...

·
Super Developer
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
Hey Stang, first off thanks for all you do. Second, I just came from the eris to the incredible and I'm already rooted and s-off. My noob question is, do I flash this like regular? Not understanding MD5 sum... Also, which kernal do you recommend? I'm coming back from a deployment and just wanting to try some roms...
Well, you'll wanna make sure your Incredible is on the latest Clockwork Recovery which is 5.0.2.0. You can update your recovery if its not on the latest by downloading the rom manager app from the market. It has an option to automatically update it for you. Next just download the Rom and place it on your sd card and verify the md5sum using one of the methods described in the install instructions in my OP. Once you've verified md5sum, just follow on with the rest of the instructions. Easy as pie!

Thanks for your service and glad to see you made it home safe. I've done three combat tours myself and know its hell out there. I just recently retired this past February so thankfully I won't have to mess with that business again.

Anyway, let me know if you need some more help. My last phone was the Eris as well. There's only a couple things slightly different between the two so it should go fairly easy for you.

·
Android Beginner
8 Posts
Hey Stang well thank you for your service I know there's a lot of people out there that appreciate your sacrifice and commitment. I figured out the MD5 calculator, lol, just being a noob that's all. It matches and I have the latest CWM so will flash in the morning and let you know the outcome. I used to flash roms all the time on my eris so hopefully I should be ok... Thanks again.

61 - 80 of 86 Posts