Apply In:: CWM Recovery

Carrier:: T-Mobile

Optional:: In Rom Manager

Requires Root:: Yes

Optional:: Smali Edits

Source::

AndroidInsomnia Presents:

the OFFICIAL MIUIAndroid 2.3.9

The best MIUI English translation around, it's the MIUIAndroid.com build. This is THE Official Releases for MIUIAndroid. I put in a lot of time to getting this build to this point so I do hope you enjoy them.

Please remember that MIUI is created in China and is controlled by Xaiomi
I will be providing support EVERYWHERE! However, official support is provided at MIUIAndroid or MIUI.us

New releases planned for every Friday

This is an excellent ROM. It introduces the first non-CyanogenMod/carrier/manufacturer framework overhaul of Android 2.3.7 and it's EPIC!

Recommended Install Instructions

1. Wipe Data/Factory Reset
2. Wipe Cache
3. Wipe Dalvik Cache
4. Format /system

IF YOU ENCOUNTER PROBLEMS, REINSTALL USING THE ABOVE AND AFTER BACKING UP YOUR SD CARD ADD:

5. Format /sdcard

The Kernel is provided by Cayniarb at Tiamat-dev.com What an excellent kernel! Thanks!

MIUIAndroid
Download from MIUIAndroid.com: http://files.miuiand...acier-2.3.9.zip
Download from AndroidInsomnia: http://www.androidin...acier-2.3.9.zip
Download from AndroidFileHost: http://www.androidfi...al_MIUIAndroid/
Download from Goo-inside.me: http://goo-inside.me/devs/miuiandroid
md5sum: ff97592dd04e219c45d3f5035edfa729
You can also get MIUIAndroid on Rom Manager!

Change Log:

This is ported using the Official translation from MIUIAndroid of the Desire HD and the newest CyanogenMod Glacier build compiled by me as the HTC Glacier base.

Code:
<br />
Full Change Log:<br />
<br />
NOTE: No longer uses the CM7 Nightly for the Glacier base. I'm using a compiled version I did. :-)<br />
<br />
BONUS:<br />
<br />
	    WIFI Calling - Now bundled in (thanks jimbo11883 for the troubleshooting good work)<br />
<br />
	    Haptic Feedback on Stock Keyboard Works - miui.us fix<br />
<br />
	    Multi-Boot - /system/framework/andrpod.policy.jar hack<br />
<br />
    Trackpad Wake - /system/app/Settings.apk smali hack<br />
<br />
    Fixed Tiny MMS - /system/app/mms.apk from desire z<br />
<br />
	    Replaced Gallery -/system/app/gallery.apk (some were complaining of small gallery)<br />
<br />
    Edited the /system/etc/APNs - from cm7<br />
<br />
    Edited the /system/etc/gps.conf for faster GPS lock - from cm7<br />
<br />
	    Edited the files in /system/etc/*.csv to fix the dysfunctional headset microphone!<br />
<br />
	    Edited the build.prop to hopefully increase stability, speed, and smoothness.<br />
<br />
<br />
    [Lock screen, Status bar and notifications]<br />
<br />
	    Fix in some cases, the status bar doesn't display the operator name<br />
<br />
    [Desktop]<br />
<br />
	    Optimisation to modify the default system wallpaper<br />
<br />
<br />
Code:
<br />
[b]NOTES:[/b]<br />
<br />
ISSUES? Logcat them! [url]http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1378491[/url]<br />
<br />
-Known Issues:<br />
1. To get muli-boot menu to work on both builds you have to toggle the<br />
    /menu/System/Button Settings/Disable on Lockscreen<br />
    switch on then off again.<br />
<br />
-Superuser is off by default. To fix this:<br />
1. Open the Superuser App<br />
2. Press your 'Menu' key<br />
3. Select Settings<br />
4. Turn 'Root Permission' ON<br />
5. Enjoy sticking it to THE MAN!<br />
<br />
-The Time Zone is set by default to China. To fix this:<br />
1. Press your 'Menu' key<br />
2. Press 'Settings'<br />
3. Select the 'System' tab at the top<br />
4. Scroll down to 'System and Hardware' and press 'Date & Time Settings'<br />
5. Press 'Select Time Zone' and choose your correct Time Zone<br />
6. Enjoy<br />
<br />
-Trackpad Wake:<br />
1. Press your 'Menu' key<br />
3. Select the 'System' tab at the top<br />
4. Scroll down and click on 'Button'<br />
5. Toggle 'Trackball Wake'<br />
6. Enjoy<br />
<br />
-Enable Apps to request Superuser Permissions<br />
1. Open the Superuser app<br />
3. Toggle "ROOT permission"<br />
4. Enjoy<br />
<br />
- _________ Theme element doesn't seem to work after installation.<br />
1. Reboot your phone. Fixed?<br />
2. Reboot into recovery and clear caches and fix permissions. Fixed?<br />
3. If it's not fixed at this point, imediatly go into theme manager<br />
    and re-install the theme.<br />
<br />
- My GPS isn't working.<br />
1. Download (or open if installed) "GPS Status and Toolbox" by EclipSim.<br />
2. Open it.<br />
3. Press the 'Menu' hard key<br />
4. Select 'Tools'<br />
5. Select 'Manage A-GPS state'<br />
6. Select 'Reset'<br />
7. Reboot your phone AS SOON AS IT'S DONE.<br />
8. Enjoy!<br />
This ROM brought to you by JHutson456

I would like to take a moment to thank TrueBlue_Drew, Tiger013, MIUIAndroid, CyanogenMod, Tiamat, Vaelek, Kidromulous, Virus and the whole InfectedROM Crew, and everyone who helped me get here! I'd like to mention ckisgen, Rafy, TDJ, xboarder56 and anyone I forgot to mention before. We all learn off those who came before us. I hope I can contribute in a positive way before I finish :) I'd like to add a thanks to SuperKid, MarkHUK, cayniarb, leeech, linds6630, and blind. I've been able to grow a lot as a dev due to the people mentinoed above and below. It really needs to be said, "nani gigantum humeris insidentes" We are dwarves standing on the shoulders of giants.

I couldn't have finished this without minus21. Thank you. Another thank you is due to boardopboy for flashing different variants at the drop of a hat we blindly lead and he blindly follows

The Team That Brings You All The Latest and Greatest Roms: AndroidInsomnia

You can now join our new irc channel and talk directly with us. This is new but we hope to have it fully established soon. It is live now

irc.irondust.net
#AndroidInsomnia

http://webchat.irond...AndroidInsomnia

Join us today :)

You can check out CyanogenMod's entire source including the Kernel for this at CyanogenMod's GitHub

Tiamat's source for the kernel can be found HERE

Devs:

TrueBlue_Drew
JHutson456
Cnote74
iblaststatic2020
Option94

Graphics and Themes:

Tiger013
JunkDrugler

Testers:

boardopboy - Testing Lead

tw39515
minus21
altroy
Flynn2
nicgraner
Elloco305

You can follow my Twitter HERE
You can follow my Google+ HERE
You can follow my Facebook HERE
http://www.facebook.com/JHutson456

·
AndroidInsomnia
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hello, His is different. Just in case you aren't aware of how MIUI works, Xaiomi creates it. They release it in China. There is no official port in English, Xaiomi just doesn't do it. Several others port it to English. www.miuiandroid.com is one of those. That is who I use to make my port to the HTC Glacier. www.miui.us does this also, that is where Derek get's his. I think it is better to present as many options to the RootzWiki user base as possible. I like granting people the freedom to decide what they like and what they don't. As I prefer the MIUIAndroid version better (It seems to run more smoothly for me) I wanted to share this with people

Before you troll, know.

·
Android Beginner
38 Posts
any way, can we have the tread cleaned please, have anything else to say you have my pm's and my twitter

·
AndroidInsomnia
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Gentlemen, not that the conversation hasn't helped my downloads, because it has, but this is really distracting from the helpful environment I'd like to keep for this thread. I'm gonna grab a mod real quick and see if we can't clean this up.

To you RootzWiki users who have downloaded this, thanks a ton, and I'm gonna try to get this cleaned up. There really isn't much relevant to the ROM in here, thanks to those who came to my defense. It's appreciated much. Raffy and Derek, I'm wish it didn't have to be like this, it really is unnecessary. Fascinating how a noob at this seems to have threatened you two so much...

·
News Team/Moderator
882 Posts
To all involved in this thread, please familiarize yourselves with the RootzWiki rules (link in my sig) as there are a few "no-nos" going on here. We are supposed to be a community of users here for the betterment of said community. All this is a bit conter-productive, don't you think?

·
Android Beginner
38 Posts
b16 said:
Please keep the thread on topic, this isn't our mantra here.
sorry about the trouble, jonathan good job on the port, keep up the good work. you've come a long way

G

·
sckboy78 said:
Oh gosh, Team Royal is here? Different alias? What a joke

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk
Enough with the trash talking. I will start recommending bans and deletion if it continues. As B16 has already stated, this trash talking and trolling is not our mantra, and it wont be supported. Adult or not, grow up and act like one. Be the bigger person and keep the opinions to yourself. These comments just make you appear as a douchebag.

·
I just hide here
2,237 Posts
Okay this is getting old. i cleaned up the thread. if i see one more person say ANYTHING FLAMING WISE. The person still flaming is getting a week break. We dont need this kinda flaming here. From NOW ON ALL POSTS HERE BETTER BE ON TOPIC. THIS APPLIES TO EVERYONE. Take the arguments to twitter or something.

·
AndroidInsomnia
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
"sckboy78 said:
I just want to know why if and when I decide to download I'm being redirected to ACS forum? I think the multiupload link should be posted to the Rootzwiki forum also. I'm not "trolling" just asking why go a extra step

That's a good question. Our team (AndroidInsomnia) is a part of ACSyndicate. ACSyndicate.net is our home site, and the thread there is this ROMs home, and thus the main support thread. Thus allows me to distribute my ROM to lots more people while easing the time burden of jumping thread to thread to thread to follow everything.

Thank you for asking :)

·
Android Apprentice
52 Posts
jhutson456 said:
That's a good question. Our team (AndroidInsomnia) is a part of ACSyndicate. ACSyndicate.net is our home site, and the thread there is this ROMs home, and thus the main support thread. Thus allows me to distribute my ROM to lots more people while easing the time burden of jumping thread to thread to thread to follow everything.

Thank you for asking :)
Thanks for your response. I was just curious. I just saw one of your Team Members released a rom on Rootzwiki and provided the direct multiupload link to his op but now I know and knowing is half the battle! (80's reference)

·
Android Beginner
2 Posts
Not trying to start something here, but would you mind posting what actually makes the MIUIAndroid base different from the MIUI.us base? If they're basically the same, that's fine, I'm just wondering. I had problems with the battery life of the new DemonSPEED MIUI ROM versions and am wondering if this could possibly fix it.

·
Android Beginner
38 Posts
I don't know anyone that lasts very long in android if they look at it or do it for competition, that's where trouble starts. most do it to learn, as a hobby, for fun and to help others. you don't get into android to compete, that's where a lot of things turned south. we are not and never will be here to compete and hopefully no one will take it that way. we get to learning and make a lot friends and meet really good people witch really makes android what it is. I only hope others can let go of personal grudges and take a wider veiw of why most devs and themers do what they do. and let the past be the past. we are here to create not destroy. to learn not deter, and to help and share as others have done with us to get us where we are today. any way I hope we can all move past any animosity and and get back to the real reasons anyone comes to android.

I apologize for my actions, just want the forum drama squashed. and let the past be the past and any grudges dropped anda fresh start for both sides.

·
I just hide here
2,237 Posts
tiger13 said:
I don't know anyone that lasts very long in android if they look at it or do it for competition, that's where trouble starts. most do it to learn, as a hobby, for fun and to help others. you don't get into android to compete, that's where a lot of things turned south. we are not and never will be here to compete and hopefully no one will take it that way. we get to learning and make a lot friends and meet really good people witch really makes android what it is. I only hope others can let go of personal grudges and take a wider veiw of why most devs and themers do what they do. and let the past be the past. we are here to create not destroy. to learn not deter, and to help and share as others have done with us to get us where we are today. any way I hope we can all move past any animosity and and get back to the real reasons anyone comes to android.

I apologize for my actions, just want the forum drama squashed. and let the past be the past and any grudges dropped anda fresh start for both sides.
Great response. Thanks for this. I completely agree. Glad to have you guys here. Hope that everyone can settle down and work together for the better good of android. Which is why we are all here, right? :grin3:

·
AndroidInsomnia
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
OP is updated, I'll have to fix the Headline when I get home tonight. I hope you enjoy :)

1 - 20 of 46 Posts