Android OS Forum banner
541 - 560 of 581 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
1. Don't think so, but could be wrong
2. Which jar is it? Haven't looked into it myself.
3. Dunno.. see #2 :D

You could try it. The worst that could happen is soft brick

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
I downloaded the stock rom from the note 2 that recently got the premium suite update and pulled the mult window jar file from the system/ framework folder and had the idea of dropping it in the system/framework folder on my s3 but wasnt sure if it will work. My main concern of course is bricking the phone. But im thinking also its gonna be tied touchwiz so ive abandoned the idea lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
9 Posts
VBUS_Present Wakelock

I have been trolling around the internet today posting the following to all the forums of which I am a member.where the vbus_present wakelock is being discussed. Never even noticed it in this thread even though I run O7....

------

If you use a charger which is compatible with Apple products, it will cause the vbus_present wakelock since Apple does not adhere to USB standards and requires two of the pins to be bridged or open (can't remember which) to work for their products. However, when you charge a device that does adhere to USB standards with one of these chargers, it will cause the wakelock (on all the samsung phones I have seen, anyway).

Another downside to using an apple compatible charger is that you can never get more than 500ma out of it due to the non-standard USB connection, even if the charger is capable of 2000ma output. So you get slower charging.

When you are connected to any charger, this wakelock will be present. If you use an Apple compatible charger, it will persist after you unplug it and will drain your battery around 10% per hour since it prevents it from going into deep sleep. You can clear the wakelock by rebooting the phone or plugging it into a standard USB charger, such as a PC or Samsung charger, even for a few seconds.

You can use Better Battery Stats to see the effects of this wakelock. Note that it can take a few minutes to show up once you have unplugged from the apple charger.

Yes, this really p*sses me off. This is one of the reasons I no longer have any Apple products in my house and long since thrown away all the Apple compatible wall chargers I once had. It still comes back to bite me since I still have a couple of chargers that contain batteries to charge when you are away from a wall outlet and they both cause this. When I use them I just have to make sure I reboot afterward. The USB outlet I have installed behind the stereo in my car also causes this wakelock. I have one to replace it but have not gotten around to removing the stereo to do this yet.

The next best solution to never using an apple compatible charger at this point would be to have a kernel that addresses this and removes the wakelock after it is unplugged but I don't see this happening.

·
Registered
61 Posts
He's active over on xda but has mentioned that he is currently interested in making a rom for the Kindle 2

·
Registered
6 Posts
Majick,

Any thoughts on a refresh of Orthus... O8? Updated aokp, gapps, touchwiz perhaps? Just a couple thoughts... development for the skyrocket seems pretty stagnant since the announcement of 4.2, but I dont see any 4.2 roms for the skyrocket.

Thoughts?

Justin

·
Recognized Developer ;-)
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #551 ·
Ah well... I guess the skyrocket is coming to an end in its development. It would be nice to see a 4.2 tho.

By the way, Still lovin the rom and is still my daily driver. Thanks and Cheers!
I don't think so. Just a temporary lull. Progress is being made on 4.2 and trust me.. I'm running it on my kf2 and its no big deal

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire2 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
61 Posts
What about an Orthus 8?

·
Registered
61 Posts
I MAY make one eventually... Do YOU want O8?

--
Sent from my Kindle Fire 2, CM 10.1
I most certainly do! Orthus is still my favorite rom thus far due to its battery life achieved and the fact that everything always just plain worked. I came from the captivate which, for whatever reason, seemed to get more roms built for it than a lot of other phones, so the fact that this one suited me so well was quite astonishing. The only reason I ever jumped ship is because development stopped and newer versions of android were released in other roms. If we got a build of 4.2.2 of Orthus, I'd be on it like stink on...well, you know. My only complaint with it was that there was nothing to fix for it, so my flashing addiction would take over sometimes. Lol.

If you don't release another, I'd certainly understand though. There's a lot of crap which comes along with opening a thread, and I know that one could easily get bored with maintaining a project long enough.

Sent from my SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

·
Recognized Developer ;-)
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #559 ·
Yeah. Mostly boredom took over. 99% of the good in orthus came from r4ins build of aokp.

I just added custom launchers, removed some apps, replaced and added some and my init.d and build.prop tweaks. The later two adding the power savings. The biggest help was the instigatorx kernel.

Nothing really unique though... Maybe I'll do an O8 when the current build of AOKP looks more refined.

--
Sent from my Kindle Fire 2, CM 10.1

·
Registered
86 Posts
Id be all over an O8 too! Still my favourite rocket Rom. I think the newest release of aokp is a good place to start. The latest release has some nice toggle updates, and there are a ton of things you could do with the 4.2 touchscreen widgets. Either way I still like to keeping eye on you mMaj, lol

Sent from my LG-E973 using Tapatalk 2

541 - 560 of 581 Posts