Android OS Forum banner
21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Android Beginner
3 Posts
Very nice, thanks for the ROM.

I installed the radio first and then booted to recovery. Wiped cache, installed the rom and rebooted. No problems so far. Bang, GPS locked within seconds (that's single digit seconds).

My average uptime on MR1 was about 24 hours so I'll see how the reboot issue is sometime over the weekend.

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
You will find that the reboot issue has pretty much been addressed in this build. You should not have any stability issues

·
Android Beginner
4 Posts
I am running a rooted Thunderbolt based off of last leaked root update that was released. My S is off and when I try and H-boot my PG05IMG it doesn't work anytime I try. When I first login to H-boot it automatically tries to update it but after it loads it goes to a parsing screen and then sends me right back to the main menu. When I try it again by selecting bootloader and it tries to load again with an error this time saying lack of heap.

I redownloaded the Plain Jane rom several times and it still does the same thing over and over again. Please help because I have ran out of ideas to try. I have wiped data, cache and even davilk data.

Thanks.

·
Android Apprentice
35 Posts
mcbussard said:
I am running a rooted Thunderbolt based off of last leaked root update that was released. My S is off and when I try and H-boot my PG05IMG it doesn't work anytime I try. When I first login to H-boot it automatically tries to update it but after it loads it goes to a parsing screen and then sends me right back to the main menu. When I try it again by selecting bootloader and it tries to load again with an error this time saying lack of heap.

I redownloaded the Plain Jane rom several times and it still does the same thing over and over again. Please help because I have ran out of ideas to try. I have wiped data, cache and even davilk data.

Thanks.
Edit: I should read and the posts before making mine, lol.

·
Android Apprentice
14 Posts
I've been running this since it was first posted and no problems yet! No rebooting, no problems yet! Thanks so much guys!

·
Android Apprentice
70 Posts
You can download them with the phone and install from there as well. No pc needed

Flash the radio through Bootloader and make sure to rename the file(take the MR2 off the name & place the file on the root of the sd card (not in any folders).

Flash the actual modified ruu in clockwork like you would a rom.

·
Supporting Member
26 Posts
This seems like a friendly place to ask this question. I have been rooting since my Droid, the Droid2 and now Thunderbolt. For the first time I have run into the acronym "RUU" What is this and how does it differ from a ROM.

Thanks

·
Car Lover
182 Posts
marsha12151 said:
This seems like a friendly place to ask this question. I have been rooting since my Droid, the Droid2 and now Thunderbolt. For the first time I have run into the acronym "RUU" What is this and how does it differ from a ROM.

Thanks
An ruu is a filestructure HTC uses to update its phones through the bootloader, like an spf file on a Motorola phone. Ruu's can contain updates for the bootloader, the system, recovery, radio, etc.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

·
Android Beginner
20 Posts
TRSmithV said:
Battery life has been great on this rom, lovin it
+1

I have experienced a very noticeable improvement in battery life! 4G seems to be idling much more efficiently during "screen off" than it did in previous radios

·
Android Beginner
3 Posts
Nusince said:
You will find that the reboot issue has pretty much been addressed in this build. You should not have any stability issues
Oh how I wish this were true...first reboot today after 3 days of uptime. Hey HTC, back to the drawing board, eh?

·
Android Beginner
20 Posts
cyates said:
Oh how I wish this were true...first reboot today after 3 days of uptime. Hey HTC, back to the drawing board, eh?
one reboot in three days and you think its a failure? seriously?

anyway, thanks for the rom! tried a couple others on this radio and they seem to occasionally drop data..but somehow this one never does.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts