Android OS Forum banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Android Beginner
3 Posts
bendystrawboy said:
one reboot in three days and you think its a failure? seriously?

anyway, thanks for the rom! tried a couple others on this radio and they seem to occasionally drop data..but somehow this one never does.
Uh, yes actually I do think it's a failure and apparently so does HTC/Verizon as they have held the MR2 OTA.

·
Android Beginner
3 Posts
I bootloaded the radio and the loaded the plain Jane rom via rom manager and all forms of tether would not work with the new radio...wireless tether was stuck on obtaining IP address. Barnacle would not even show up as ssid. Hotspot would try to start and say could not start. Anyone else have this happen?

·
Android Beginner
22 Posts
5 reboots within a matter of minutes and all occurred in 3g. This radio does run very smooth in 4g though. Don't think it's quite ready for release imho.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

·
Android Beginner
1 Posts
Hi there everyone, I'm in China and just got the Thunderbolt. However, I didn't realized that I'd have to root the damn thing in order to use a sim from a Chinese phone company. Now, I have downloaded the files for rooting from the beginning of the thread, but cannot find and installation procedure. If someone could point me in the right direction, I'd be very greatful.

One more thing, I'll also need root access to remove the 'SIM card not reconized' on the lock screen.

Thanks!

·
Android Beginner
1 Posts
I think I made a booboo... I rooted my phone, and got it up to MR1. I then applied the radio for MR2, and I accidentally applied the MR2 400MB update via hboot, not from the rom updater. My phone works and boots fine, but is says its running 1.13.605.7 and baseband 1.16.00.0402w_1. I didn't want to try and load a different version then try again without running it by everyone here so I don't brick my phone. I would like to get it to MR2, and stay rooted. What should I do next?

41 - 48 of 48 Posts