Android OS Forum banner
21 - 40 of 347 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,873 Posts
jt1134 said:
Correct. Kernel features that require an external app (besides voodoo sound) are excluded from the stock cm kernel.
I must be missing something. The BLN Control app activates BLN but it doesn't work. Not on notifications or on the test in the app itself. Am I alone? And yes I am on the stand alone kernel.

·
Supporting Member
783 Posts
I had to wipe cash aand dalvik. Then boot and fix permissions in ROM manager then reboot one last time for it to work for me.

·
MILF
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
"akellar said:
I must be missing something. The BLN Control app activates BLN but it doesn't work. Not on notifications or on the test in the app itself. Am I alone? And yes I am on the stand alone kernel.
That's odd. It should neither enable nor work :-/

·
Premium Member
3,873 Posts
scarmon25 said:
I had to wipe cash aand dalvik. Then boot and fix permissions in ROM manager then reboot one last time for it to work for me.
Nope still no go. I saw someone in the VGB thread mention the same thing so I guess I'm not alone. Oh well.

·
Supporting Member
783 Posts
It took me a minute to get it working. I honestly don't know what it was that finally did it. It just started working.

·
Android Beginner
53 Posts
"akellar said:
Nope still no go. I saw someone in the VGB thread mention the same thing so I guess I'm not alone. Oh well.
Same here. BLN is enabled on v4 kernel but it doesn't work.

·
Android Apprentice
43 Posts
Ok so is the in-call audio actually fixed with JT's latest kernel? Does the led work for torch? I know these may seem petty, but I just flashed the new EH09 the other day and I'm loving that these features are working again, I actually have my in-call volume down a bit from max, crazy I know. Also is the latest kernel file named, KernelUpdate-0829? If not, can someone post a link for it?

·
Premium Member
592 Posts
canaanp said:
Ok so is the in-call audio actually fixed with JT's latest kernel? Does the led work for torch? I know these may seem petty, but I just flashed the new EH09 the other day and I'm loving that these features are working again, I actually have my in-call volume down a bit from max, crazy I know. Also is the latest kernel file named, KernelUpdate-0829? If not, can someone post a link for it?
The idea of waiting (or searching) for these things and this information to be released publicly seems preposterous, I know...

Kernels and roms are usually dated in the file name to make keeping track of them easier; use your powers of deductive reasoning...today's the 30th...morning time at that. 0829 came out yesterday.

Devs are usually pretty good at letting us know what works and what doesnt...and the fact that these releases are going to be nightlies screams unknowns. Flash at your own risk, and use the search feature of the site :)

·
Android Lover
155 Posts
In call audio is exponentially louder...so I would call that "fixed".

Torch didn't work with either the stock kernel or JT V4, so count that out.

·
Android Beginner
73 Posts
Rom runs like a champ on my showcase. Only issue I've run into here as of the past hour is that she gets buggy whenever I plug into the wall charger. Touchscreen becomes unresponsive/sporadic..I'm new to the cm7 Showcase scene, so maybe I missed a crucial step that would lead to this problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

·
Average Android
156 Posts
"jpaulwaite said:
Kernels and roms are usually dated in the file name to make keeping track of them easier; use your powers of deductive reasoning...today's the 30th...morning time at that. 0829 came out yesterday.
I like your style. Lets hang out and do drugs.

·
Average Android
156 Posts
"Dwhitehead said:
But did I miss the gapps link in the OP?
...Yes, yes you did.
"jt1134 said:
After flashing the rom, don't forget to flash Google Addon package if you want it. ROM Manager will allow you to flash it if you just go into it and after flashing the ClockworkMod recovery for Mesmerize / Showcase (MTD), choose Download ROMs, and pick Google Apps. Or download and push the gapps zip for CM7 from http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/index.php?title=Latest_Version#Google_Apps to the sdcard and flash it via ClockworkMod recovery.

·
Android Lover
155 Posts
Battery pull...or just lock the screen and unlock it, first. Handcent likes to do this from time to time. Locking/unlocking fixes it.

Other than that, its happened to me on the older CM7 twice.

First time I had to ODIN stock (bootlooped), second time it fixed itself.

21 - 40 of 347 Posts