Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Just here for teh bewbs
846 Posts

Presents...

OMGB 1.2.3

Current version 1.2.3 as of Aug 7

[DISCLAIMER: If you are flashing this you have already voided your manufacturer's warranty. If you are flashing this you realize that this is unsupported software. Your device may break as a result of flashing this unsupported software. t3hh4xx0r team is not responsible for anything that might happen to your phone or you as a result of flashing this software. That includes but is not limited to bricked phones, world war, your alarm not waking you up and as a result you getting fired, or orgasms. That said, thank you for trying it.]

OMGB = Pure Gingerbread AOSP. Minimal deviations from stock.

Check the thanks page for a full list of contributions.

This is for all you guys out there who want their phone slim, sleek, and fast.
  • 2.3.7 Based.
  • Fast
  • Minimal deviations from stock
    • Three in one reboot mod
    • Extra Rom info in About Phone
    • Screen On/Off animation enabled by default
    • Ubuntu font
    • T3hh4xx0r Wallpapers
    • TMO Theme Changer
    • FM Radio
    • Stripped down God Mode for easy addons and nightlies download.
*Feature list and screenshots are subject to change at any time. They also may not exactly reflect what you see in rom, due to different device features.

gb1.png gb4.png
gb3.png gb2.png

Device Specific Information
None.

Changelog found in rom under About OMGB
Downloads
Thanks
Source
Twitter
IRC or #r2gb on Freenode

Attachments

·
Just here for teh bewbs
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
lots of builds going up, be patient

·
Just here for teh bewbs
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
in the rom there is an app called god mode. get them there. theres also a lot of other stuff for download as well

·
Android Beginner
33 Posts
So first let me state that this ROM is AWESOME. I am so happy to find a stock no sense ROM that works so well with the Incredible 2! I've only found a couple of issues, and only one of them is really a big deal. Is this the proper place to air my issues or are there support forums? Thanks!

·
Supporting Member
270 Posts
Yes post your issue here.

·
Android Beginner
33 Posts
Rogan said:
Yes post your issue here.
Thanks Rogan! My first problem I think that I resolved. That issue being low in-call volume. That was fixed with the help of the Tiamat 1.1.2 Kernel for this device.

My other four concerns are mostly cosmetic:

1.) LED indication for notifications glows Orange when it should glow Green (silly I know...)
2.) LED grows green when fully charged, except it thinks it's fully charged at 91%
3.) I cannot call *228 to download up to date coverage, there is no option for Dial Pad when calling *228.
4.) Flash though it downloads and installs, only gives a black box while sound plays, I imagine this has something to do with device ID and flash.

Again these are minor, the fact that I've fixed in call volume has been a tremendous help, and this ROM is simply amazing. You're help is much appreciated!

·
Android Apprentice
45 Posts
Number 3 solution

Dial *22899 to program your phone.

Number 2:

Did you flash your phone when it had a full battery? Did you clear the battery stats?

·
Android Beginner
33 Posts
bagoffreedom said:
Number 3 solution

Dial *22899 to program your phone.

Number 2:

Did you flash your phone when it had a full battery? Did you clear the battery stats?
Thanks for this! *22899 that worked perfectly! As for battery, just cleared stats after a full charge, will wait to see what happens.

·
Supporting Member
270 Posts
1) Since this is ROM is as close to AOSP as we're likely to get, I don't believe it allows for users to change the LED colors yet. I do know however our phones only have green and orange LEDs.
2) Does it say fully charged at 91%. The LED will change from Orange to Green around 90% to let you know the battery is nearing capacity.
3) In the call press and hold the menu button to bring up your keyboard, change to see the numbers and use either option 1 or 2.
4) Maybe reinstall?

·
Android Beginner
33 Posts
Rogan said:
1) Since this is ROM is as close to AOSP as we're likely to get, I don't believe it allows for users to change the LED colors yet. I do know however our phones only have green and orange LEDs.
2) Does it say fully charged at 91%. The LED will change from Orange to Green around 90% to let you know the battery is nearing capacity.
3) In the call press and hold the menu button to bring up your keyboard, change to see the numbers and use either option 1 or 2.
4) Maybe reinstall?
1.) Thats as I figured. Again this is only cosmetic so not a big deal.
2.) No it just glows green as you said, I didn't realize that means nearing capacity, I thought that was Full Capacity indicator as with stock.
3.) Excellent I'll try this one as well.
4.) No need, it runs fairly well, so I figure these are just the things I have to live with.

Thanks again!

·
Android Beginner
33 Posts
Ok so I ran into another issue, which, from what I understand may just be a factor of all current AOSP ROMs. I'm not getting great battery life. When I go to the battery app to see what is eating up all of the battery, I expected to see Display, but it's actually Cell Standby. Now, it appears that this phone has decent cell reception, I see in the 70's dBm most of the time, but I think it's something deeper.

Has anyone else noticed this? If so, is there a fix? I like this ROM too much, but need my battery life!

·
Supporting Member
270 Posts
What do you consider good battery life? I get 12 hours easily.

·
Android Beginner
33 Posts
Rogan said:
What do you consider good battery life? I get 12 hours easily.
Well I never benched it, but suffice it to say 50% after 4 hours probably won't get me to 12. I live in the Philly metro area. Service has never been a problem. Cell standby seems to be eating up the battery, so maybe I missed a radio flash? Grasping at straws here really.

·
Supporting Member
270 Posts
Have you updated to the latest gingerbread radio?

1 - 20 of 45 Posts