Android OS Forum banner
21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Supporting Member
270 Posts
Have you tried the tiamat kernel? That's what I use.

Do you have applications that are constantly updating?

·
Android Beginner
33 Posts
Rogan said:
Have you tried the tiamat kernel? That's what I use.

Do you have applications that are constantly updating?
Running Tiamat at the moment, its pretty solid. As for apps none that come to mind. Maybe my antennae just aren't picking up signal as well anymore.

·
Supporting Member
270 Posts
try dialing *228 and using option 2 to update your cell reception.

·
Supporting Member
270 Posts
I'll check later but I know I found global mode in the build. Prop of omfgb

·
Supporting Member
270 Posts
Not yet but I will be.

·
Android Apprentice
30 Posts
that would be rad - I will be abroad in like 8 months, so I can't test it yet.

That said, I LOVE this rom. Got it up and running this morning.

I don't think that the wired mic (headphones with mic) is working - unless there is a setting or something that i can tweak. Is it working for anyone else?

·
Android Apprentice
30 Posts
So, a funny thing happened. I clicked use 2g only - and lost service. I rebooted a couple of times, but still no service. Not sure what to do... it won't come back after un-clicking the option.

edit 1: After a couple more re-boots, the phone was still not finding service. Restored to my backup rom (rmk's gingersense), and found service. :) yippie!!! Not a hardware problem.

Now, re-flashing the rom, and will be back with a full report.

edit 2: re-flashed and found service right away. I don't know exactly what I did, but i would refrain from using the "2g only" option - as it caused problems for me.

·
Supporting Member
270 Posts
Were you using the notification bar Widgets to disable 3g? If so, next time try enabling data from the settings menu

·
Android Apprentice
30 Posts
So, no actually. Upon un-checking the 2g option my data and voice would not re-connect at all. It was a bit disconcerting.

I don't know if it required a re-flash, but that solved the problem.

·
Android Apprentice
30 Posts
So, I was able to test out a standard bluetooth headset for this rom, and it works great. I also tested out a wired mic with headphones and that did not work.

So, good news about bluetooth.

·
Registered
389 Posts
So I applied the Mellow Yellow theme in theme Chooser. Wow...this roms launcher2 applies the dock changes and everything! That's sweet. Thought I was going to have to use another launcher. Pretty cool

This launcher2 is enough to keep me here I think.

·
Lurker
91 Posts
So one thing I miss/would like to integrate w this one is the long press volume to switch tracks (I listen to music constantly at work). Does anyone have the original code or code that'll work w this rom to implement that? Its been so long since cm6 integrated that that I'm having trouble finding it and I'm guessing that it was written in Java from source which will be a bit diff from smali (which is the route I'd go). Isn't it only android.policy.jar that needs editing?

21 - 40 of 45 Posts