Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 487 Posts

·
Just here for teh bewbs
846 Posts

Presents...

OMGB 1.2.3

Current version 1.2.3 as of Aug 7

[DISCLAIMER: If you are flashing this you have already voided your manufacturer's warranty. If you are flashing this you realize that this is unsupported software. Your device may break as a result of flashing this unsupported software. t3hh4xx0r team is not responsible for anything that might happen to your phone or you as a result of flashing this software. That includes but is not limited to bricked phones, world war, your alarm not waking you up and as a result you getting fired, or orgasms. That said, thank you for trying it.]

OMGB = Pure Gingerbread AOSP. Minimal deviations from stock.

Check the thanks page for a full list of contributions.

This is for all you guys out there who want their phone slim, sleek, and fast.
  • 2.3.7 Based.
  • Fast
  • Minimal deviations from stock
    • Three in one reboot mod
    • Extra Rom info in About Phone
    • Screen On/Off animation enabled by default
    • Ubuntu font
    • T3hh4xx0r Wallpapers
    • TMO Theme Changer
    • FM Radio
    • Stripped down God Mode for easy addons and nightlies download.
*Feature list and screenshots are subject to change at any time. They also may not exactly reflect what you see in rom, due to different device features.

Organism World Font Gadget Grass Font Screenshot Multimedia Number Rectangle
Font Terrestrial plant Number Screenshot Darkness Communication Device Font Gadget Screenshot Multimedia

Device Specific Information
This rom is now based on the GB kernel. You need to sbf to 602+ to run it.
GPS does not work. This is a known problem that I've been working on since we updated to the GB kernel.

Changelog found in rom under About OMGB
Downloads
Screenshots
Thanks
Source
Twitter
IRC or #r2gb on Freenode

Attachments

·
Android Apprentice
108 Posts
Awesome news. 2.3.5 especially :) No major improvements over 2.3.4, but nice to have the latest.

You may want to pull the download link until this is actually released tonight. Don't want someone flashing a .zip for another phone. People, you need to look for device name SHADOW

·
Average Android
301 Posts
Sweet will try this out later today.

·
Android Fanatic
1,821 Posts
When will this one be ready? Looks nice! Something else to try out now.

·
Flash-a-Holic
530 Posts
Thank you so much. Very excited to try this ROM out on the DX!

Cheers to you Framework you are the man!

·
Android Fanatic
1,821 Posts
I love the fact that now we have the 2nd init, that ALL these roms are out for the X. Great way to make this phone even better than before. To be honest, I was getting kinda bored with it and wanted to upgrade a yr early. Now, I don't need to. Keep up the great work!

·
Android Apprentice
43 Posts
Thank you and Framework for getting this to the DX! I appreciate it very much and look forward to this ROM being the last I put on my X before getting a new device.

·
Android Apprentice
47 Posts
So just to clarify, this is 2nd-init, but based off of 0.596. So from CM7/MIUI, we need to flash to 0.596, then root, load this .zip with bootstrapper, then not use bootstrapper after it's running, right? (left out all the wipes and stuff in between)

·
Android Apprentice
108 Posts
DeEDubbzz said:
So just to clarify, this is 2nd-init, but based off of 0.596. So from CM7/MIUI, we need to flash to 0.596, then root, load this .zip with bootstrapper, then not use bootstrapper after it's running, right? (left out all the wipes and stuff in between)
This isn't based off Motorola's .596 GB, and I doubt we will see any more custom roms built with MotoBloat. This is based off the newly released 2.3.5 GB source code with just a few things like notification toggles and such built in. Should boot from the Froyo kernel like all the other 2nd init roms, although cvpcs is working on booting 2nd init from the GB kernel on the DX.

·
Beer Baron
326 Posts
dsManning said:
This isn't based off Motorola's .596 GB, and I doubt we will see any more custom roms built with MotoBloat. This is based off the newly released 2.3.5 GB source code with just a few things like notification toggles and such built in. Should boot from the Froyo kernel like all the other 2nd init roms, although cvpcs is working on booting 2nd init from the GB kernel on the DX.
Exactly, which means easy backup/restore between miui, OMFGB, and CM. he he

·
Android Fanatic
1,821 Posts
DeEDubbzz said:
Like the others said already (damn slow fingers), it's a GB based rom but on the FroYo kernel. You will need to be on .340 to flash this. But it makes it easier to go between this,MIUI, Liquid and CM7 now.

I wonder if this will have the 1% battery and all the other stuff built right in to it. Anyone know that?

·
Android Fanatic
1,821 Posts
mariana1 said:
can you install this right from MIUI?
I would imagine so.

1 - 20 of 487 Posts