Android OS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Omg so excited. razr otw, via overnight from Verizon. Am about to return my fourth bionic for data issues. This will be the 2ND thing I do after root! Woot theory love ftw!!

·
Android Beginner
69 Posts
File an insurance claim or wait.
All I have to say is .... Wow...."double standards" i.got blasted on these forums for returning 1 bionic that was completely junk, and it wasn't even soft bricked.. But it was my fault it was junk cause I violated my phones warranty by rootin and flashing a rom.then I Had the word "insurance fraud" thrown at me and thread.was.closed...

End of discussion, and I WILL NOT CONTINUE TO WRITE BACK AND FORTH bout this... one person shouldn't be blasted and another person encouraged for doing the same thing..

·
Registered
43 Posts
OK, hit a hicup. booted into safe mode. created my recovery, then wiped the caches, etc in the order listed in the OP. Made sure the zip was on my ext SD card. when I tryto install the zip the install fails. The only thing I can think of it that the zip is in my downloads folder. I don't know why that would cause an issue though. I'll restore back to OG razr and go through process again after moving it to the Sdcard without any folders.

ANy info would be appreciated. many thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
OK, hit a hicup. booted into safe mode. created my recovery, then wiped the caches, etc in the order listed in the OP. Made sure the zip was on my ext SD card. when I tryto install the zip the install fails. The only thing I can think of it that the zip is in my downloads folder. I don't know why that would cause an issue though. I'll restore back to OG razr and go through process again after moving it to the Sdcard without any folders.

Sounds like a bad download.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

·
Average Android
89 Posts
All I have to say is .... Wow...."double standards" i.got blasted on these forums for returning 1 bionic that was completely junk, and it wasn't even soft bricked.. But it was my fault it was junk cause I violated my phones warranty by rootin and flashing a rom.then I Had the word "insurance fraud" thrown at me and thread.was.closed...

End of discussion, and I WILL NOT CONTINUE TO WRITE BACK AND FORTH bout this... one person shouldn't be blasted and another person encouraged for doing the same thing..
I wouldn't have yelled at you for that type of comment

·
Android Beginner
69 Posts

Bad download I'd assume as well... My ROM was placed in.a folder... Did you check md5 sum?

·
Android Beginner
69 Posts
Honestly... I usually down load all my stuff on my PC, solid internet connection.. And just google md5 sum checker... copy n paste the the sum.you get from thr OP with your specific down load.. Doors all the work for you in a matter of seconds, and tells you if you pass or not..

·
Android Beginner
20 Posts
Ok..installed through safestrap went flawless...awesome ROM dt...thanks a bunch...
I do have a question though....do I now uninstall safestap from the nonsafe(razrx) and install bootstrap? And when I need to change back..unintstall boot strap and reinstall safestrap?

Or should I just leave it alone and boot into safe strap all the time...?
I have read through the forums an d it seems thats what I do, but I want to make sure im not confused..

·
Android Lover
296 Posts
I love this rom. Thanks DT. I do have a question.....everytime you switch from non-safe mode to safe mode (and vice versa) safestrap makes a backup of user data. When the next backup is made, does it Mike a new file or does it replace the old file? I ask cuz I don't want it to use up all the space on my SD card. If it creates a new file, where is this file located so I can erase the old file? Also, if I boot into my safe system, is the non-safe backed up user data file viewable on the safe system? (ie, if I erased the file am I erasing my non-safe user data)

·
Registered
126 Posts
Ok..installed through safestrap went flawless...awesome ROM dt...thanks a bunch...
I do have a question though....do I now uninstall safestap from the nonsafe(razrx) and install bootstrap? And when I need to change back..unintstall boot strap and reinstall safestrap?

Or should I just leave it alone and boot into safe strap all the time...?
I have read through the forums an d it seems thats what I do, but I want to make sure im not confused..
I'm interested too...ask him on twitter with a link to your post http://rootzwiki.com/topic/11906-rom-razrx-v10-12142011/page__view__findpost__p__306121

21 - 40 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.