Android OS Forum banner
21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
jk8 said:
GLD

I've been following your instructions on restoring data for months now. Is this a slight change in that we shouldn't even restore the system data of the items in green?
Yes, this is a change to my past TiBu restore instructions, which were written for Froyo ROMs. I'm now saying not to restore system data for even the items in green (but if you feel you must, to do it one at a time and assess results between each restore).

·
Blacked Out Themer
349 Posts
Guys, I just installed this and I have NO MARKET? its in my /system/app folder but there is no icon in the app drawer

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
ecsnead69 said:
Just wiped everything again and tried another fresh install and still no market.....
I updated the market late last night to the 3.0.27 but in testing we found out that if you do not have a wifi or 3g connection and are not signed in then the market will not show up so anyone flashing on a test phone without a connect you will not have a market show up. I'm not sure why this is but its def something new as of the 3.0.26 version of the market. im going to test some more with the 3.0.27 market

·
Blacked Out Themer
349 Posts
ok, if you are using a test phone, just connect to wifi and the market will magically appear... got it working, thanks guys.... there may be a "Blacked Out" sighting soon????

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
ecsnead69 said:
ok, if you are using a test phone, just connect to wifi and the market will magically appear... got it working, thanks guys.... there may be a "Blacked Out" sighting soon????
isnt that weird lol. alastronia figured that out yesterday. and of course we all use test phones but i always connect to wifi so never noticed it not there.

·
Blacked Out Themer
349 Posts
Bug... I changed my lockscreen settings to rotary with "pull down" to unlock, rebooted and now I can't unlock, the bar won't slide

Anyway to get around this or will I have to start over?

·
Android Beginner
23 Posts
I don't know the answer to your question, but before having to start over I always try to reflash over the install.
That usually takes care of things that snarl up. That and fixing permissions.

·
Blacked Out Themer
349 Posts
tried that, it left the lockscreen settings the same so I had to wipe everything again and reflash...

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
your the second person that has said that. they reinstalled and the problem went away. im not sure what made that happen. i will look into it though. neither myself or testers can seem to replicate the issue but i will def keep trying and look into this further.

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
everyone please wipe your dalivk cache. cm and cm based roms have dalvik cache in the system for system apps and p.e does not . Just so this doesn't cause any issues please do so. (just a heads up for everyone)

·
Android Beginner
5 Posts
actngrezy said:
everyone please wipe your dalivk cache. cm and cm based roms have dalvik cache in the system for system apps and p.e does not . Just so this doesn't cause any issues please do so. (just a heads up for everyone)
Thanks much, Greg! It's performing wonderfully! Like butter! :p

-Mike

·
Average Android
79 Posts
Twelve hours and running stable. Using chevyno1 1.2Ghz ulv kernel on performance. I like the froyo memory paramaters. Runs really smooth. Wifi gets timed out when using gmail or market but ill see if I need to adjust the build.prop and report back.

Update: Change the wifi scan interval in build.prop to 10. Its now running great. Thanks for the great rom.

Edit: A couple hours later wifi ap starts disappearing and reappering at random. I find this common on all gb roms thus far. My phone has no carrier service so wifi is a must for me. Other than that I've had a great experience with this rom. The live status bar logo looks great, nice work guys.

·
Android Apprentice
80 Posts
has anyone else had trouble with "market doctor" on the new market? ive used liquids ROM with it on it and my apps wouldnt hold. not sure if it was the ROM or the market having inconsistencies with TiBu.

thanks

·
Android Beginner
2 Posts
I was trying out the different lockscreens and when I switched to lense, I found that I can no longer unlock my phone. When I pull the lsider down, instead of unlocking the phone, it just toggles the clock on and off. Am I missing some other way to unlock the lense lockscreen or is this a bug?

I tried applying the Unlock update(even though I think my ROM download was after the time where the update was already in) but that didn't help. One possibly relevant thing is that before I switched to lense, I might have had "pull down to unlock clicked" for the rotary lockscreen.

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Alapin said:
I was trying out the different lockscreens and when I switched to lense, I found that I can no longer unlock my phone. When I pull the lsider down, instead of unlocking the phone, it just toggles the clock on and off. Am I missing some other way to unlock the lense lockscreen or is this a bug?

I tried applying the Unlock update(even though I think my ROM download was after the time where the update was already in) but that didn't help. One possibly relevant thing is that before I switched to lense, I might have had "pull down to unlock clicked" for the rotary lockscreen.
Hey, I'm not sure what's going on with this. Only a select few had issues with the drag down to unlock when using rotary. The code has been the same for months without any issues. I still have no been able to replicate the issue but did post the fix which fixed it for others. After applying the fix u need to receive a call and change lockscreens for u should be in ur phone after getting a call. I will look into this more when I get home mon night and see if I can find anything that would be causing this issue.
Sorry for any problems this has caused you but I will look into this more as soon as possible.

·
Android Beginner
7 Posts
I'm on the v3 stock kernel now, but I tried the v4s, no joy on either. I'll try one of Pete's kernels as a test and see if that resolves it, they've worked for me in the past on assorted roms.

21 - 40 of 57 Posts