Android OS Forum banner
41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Android Beginner
2 Posts
actngrezy said:
Hey, I'm not sure what's going on with this. Only a select few had issues with the drag down to unlock when using rotary. The code has been the same for months without any issues. I still have no been able to replicate the issue but did post the fix which fixed it for others. After applying the fix u need to receive a call and change lockscreens for u should be in ur phone after getting a call. I will look into this more when I get home mon night and see if I can find anything that would be causing this issue.
Sorry for any problems this has caused you but I will look into this more as soon as possible.
Thanks for the tip about having it receive a call, that got me in...

·
Android Beginner
7 Posts
Another strange issue, suddenly I'm not allowed to install Google+ from the market, it says "This app is incompatible with your Verizon Motorola Droid." I'm pretty sure I installed it from the market on my last rom which was also GB, so I'm not sure what the issue is. Anyone else seeing that?

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
elfurbe said:
Another strange issue, suddenly I'm not allowed to install Google+ from the market, it says "This app is incompatible with your Verizon Motorola Droid." I'm pretty sure I installed it from the market on my last rom which was also GB, so I'm not sure what the issue is. Anyone else seeing that?
odd thats where i installed it from.

Also anyoen who has the lockscreen issue still I think I may have found a full solution but I cannot test since nor myself nor testers can replicate the issue. If anyoen has this probelm still and are willing to test something please let me know

·
Android Beginner
3 Posts
Great ROM!! Had these issues: Using your included LV kernel - response was sluggish, Tried using your V4 SV 1050 Kernel - lost all four standard buttons. Had to use Corcor V3 SV 250-1100 Kernel - SmartMod settings don't seem to work right, used Interactive mode but burns up battery too fast, trying Powersave mode now. Also, Gmail application vanished on its own, reloaded older version from Market.

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
gbertoli said:
Great ROM!! Had these issues: Using your included LV kernel - response was sluggish, Tried using your V4 SV 1050 Kernel - lost all four standard buttons. Had to use Corcor V3 SV 250-1100 Kernel - SmartMod settings don't seem to work right, used Interactive mode but burns up battery too fast, trying Powersave mode now. Also, Gmail application vanished on its own, reloaded older version from Market.
odd about gmail. I moved gmail to data so hope it was easy enough to uninstall and reinstall from market. you should have been able to do it all through the market.
I'm going to upload more speed from the v4 kernel set and alot of people have issue with the default lv one because its really low voltage so i can understand that. try chevys or deprimed kernel i hear they are really good.

·
Android Beginner
3 Posts
actngrezy said:
odd about gmail. I moved gmail to data so hope it was easy enough to uninstall and reinstall from market. you should have been able to do it all through the market.
I'm going to upload more speed from the v4 kernel set and alot of people have issue with the default lv one because its really low voltage so i can understand that. try chevys or deprimed kernel i hear they are really good.
I wound up taking your suggestion and installed a ChevyNo1 1Ghz LV kernel (http://chevyno1.richstevenson.com/kernels-053111/) and everything is fine now.

·
Android Apprentice
13 Posts
from this to go with the theme here is a special inverted themed gtalk and gmail by alastronia
http://moddedlogic.com/pe/final/GB/V6.5/PE_Gtalk.zip

After a reboot my gmail and gtalk disappeared. I was able to get the gmail app to appear by going to the market and opening it from there, but the Gtalk app won't show up anymore. I went to the system/app folder and the apk is there but when I try to open it it just says the application was not installed. I have also tried to delete all instances of the apk on the phone including from dalvik cache and still can't get it to install..... anyone else having issues or know what I'm doing wrong?

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
villian1998 said:
from this to go with the theme here is a special inverted themed gtalk and gmail by alastronia
http://moddedlogic.com/pe/final/GB/V6.5/PE_Gtalk.zip

After a reboot my gmail and gtalk disappeared. I was able to get the gmail app to appear by going to the market and opening it from there, but the Gtalk app won't show up anymore. I went to the system/app folder and the apk is there but when I try to open it it just says the application was not installed. I have also tried to delete all instances of the apk on the phone including from dalvik cache and still can't get it to install..... anyone else having issues or know what I'm doing wrong?
Alastronia made these for pe. I tested and had the same issue. but then he re-did them both which they seemed to work for me after that. I guess there is still a minor issue with that. I will let him know to see fi theres something going on with the themed apks.

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
actngrezy said:
Alastronia made these for pe. I tested and had the same issue. but then he re-did them both which they seemed to work for me after that. I guess there is still a minor issue with that. I will let him know to see fi theres something going on with the themed apks.
I went ahead and wiped my main and my spare phone clean, reinstalled the themed version of the ROMS
then proceeded to install the themed Gmail and Gtalk and everything went smooth as could be.
they were both loaded and working fine on my phones.

either a bad download or the phone didn't install right the 1st time with them.
has anyone else had this issue happen? I haven't heard of anything either on here or the Droid Forums.

·
Android Apprentice
13 Posts
alastrionia said:
I went ahead and wiped my main and my spare phone clean, reinstalled the themed version of the ROMS
then proceeded to install the themed Gmail and Gtalk and everything went smooth as could be.
they were both loaded and working fine on my phones.

either a bad download or the phone didn't install right the 1st time with them.
has anyone else had this issue happen? I haven't heard of anything either on here or the Droid Forums.
Luckily I had a backup and I haven't ran into any problems.....
Also can I flash the zip over the new gmail?

·
Android Apprentice
82 Posts
Can anyone help me out with this issue? When I go into google talk, I enable voice and video chat. but I dont show up on other people friends list as having that capability. so if I chat with them. they cant see my video, But I can see theirs. any help on the issue would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
villian1998 said:
Luckily I had a backup and I haven't ran into any problems.....
Also can I flash the zip over the new gmail?
No, if you flash the themed version of gmail over the updated one, it will screw things up
if you want the themed version and can wait till an updated 2.3.5 themed is out (which I'm working on, but slowly at this point, work is swamping me)

uninstall the gmail updates, then run the zip and you'll be fine

·
Android Beginner
5 Posts
Awesome job on this edition of Project Elite! My phone absolutely LOVES all your Gingerbread releases (and ironically it was partial to Liquid's FroYo roms, and not the PE ones, go figure.) I just want to say kudos man, to you and Mojo, for releasing consistently AWESOME roms. PE is one of my (hands down) favorite, always has been and always will be.

·
Android Lover
318 Posts
Please don't flame but I wanted to make sure I was doing this properly. i just came to the OG Droid after my X crapped out. I am running stock 2.2.2 rooted and wanted to clarify the install process due to bricking once before. To install this just put the zip on the root of SD, boot into recovery, wipe data and cache, flash rom and reboot. Correct? thanks

41 - 57 of 57 Posts