Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While most who are on this version as of now say it's one of the most solid builds, the reason this is a beta is because there were a few more things that needed to be added (wanted to add) before an initial release and of course as you know, 2.3.4 was released by google which is why this is the BETA. To answer many of your questions the final is 2.3.4 and adds alot more.

2nd, there is an option in the general section of Elite Settings which allows you to switch to a preset set of values for lowmemory task killer. The stock values are froyo values. Most have reported these are working well together with other tweaks in the rom to help with the infamous apps being killed in gb. If you uncheck the box it will switch number to a lower set of values, which was tested (credit to pete for help with these values). There is also an option in the performance section for purge assets (credit and thanks to nadlabak and the cm team ) if you are running low on ram then you can use this option to free some ram. You can still lock up to 3 custom apps in memory which was implemented in v5 to help with apps being killed.

Now about the rom. Ok first the libaudio is built from source (credit to the cmcrew), which allows dsp manager to work. This does break a couple of the things such as the bluetooth lady's voice (which says speak now) if you do not use dsp and would like the bluetooth voice to work, we can post an update.zip which will allow this to happen. Be aware, though, that the bluetooth lady fix breaks dsp manager.
this has been fix in the final release already.

KERNELS:
the stock kernel is PE 1ghz lv (default gov is interactive but it does have the smartcpu gov if you'd like that) If the lv does not work below is a 1.1 sv pe kernel. IMPORTANT: As of now there are only a few kernels which have the mods needed to allow usb to mount in this rom. This is due to native tethering being fixed (credit to cvpcs). The pe kernels work, petes v2 kernels, deprimed kernels and corcor has been tweaking his smartmod kernels for p.e (I will post the link when I get home for these). Other kernels will work but you won't be able to mount your sdcard unless in recovery if you use other kernels. Also the rom supports kernels that use zram for compcache not rzSwap. I'll look into making it work with both before a final release.

Overclocking: overclocking no longer needs a reboot to change settings. If you change the speed or governor it now changes instantly so you do not need to reboot.

While there are not a lot of new features in this version compared to v5 we tried hard to increase the stability and performance from v5. 14mb to 18mb or space in the system was saved (should help with the themers who theme system apps which was an issue in v5). There were many many changes behind the scenes to try and improve upon everything that was learned from the inital pe gb release.

One more thing: After you setup your phone and everything syncs, please reboot. I ask this because for some reason every once and a while after first installing, when you make a call you can't hear anything. A reboot will fix this permanently. I'm not sure why this occurs but this is happening in a few other roms as well and it being looked into -- so if this happens just reboot and it won't happen again.

The full changelog and credit list will be posted with the final. As this is still technically a BETA I would like to post changes and credits with the final as some features and fixes may change.

A few things have been updated since the original BETA release.
Superuser have been updated v2.3.6.3 (credit chainsdd)
Titanium backup has been updated
Tibu and gmail have been moved to data partition for easy updating and uninstalling

ROM DOWNLOAD
http://moddedlogic.com/pe/test/gb233/PEv6rr.zip

Kernels
PE 1.0 lv (default) (default gov interactive but does include smartcpu) credit to corcoror help with that
http://moddedlogic.com/pe/final/GB/kernel/PE1ghzLV.zip
PE 1.1 ghz lv
http://moddedlogic.com/pe/final/GB/kernel/PE1.1LV.zip
PE 1.1ghz sv
http://moddedlogic.com/pe/final/GB/kernel/PE1.1SV.zip

kernels for project elite v6 by corcor
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/project-elite/147227-project-elite-kernels.html

·
Android Apprentice
17 Posts
Hands down, the best OG Droid ROM I ever ran. Would still be running PE if my Droid hadn't died, and forced me to buy a new phone. Keep up the great work Actngrezy! If you get a TBolt, I will definitely jump on a ROM you build for it. Otherwise, good luck and I hope to be able to run PE again sometime in the future.

·
Android Apprentice
68 Posts
I'm about to try this out. I hope it runs as well as every prior Project Elite release.

·
Android Apprentice
37 Posts
Grezy
You know how much I love when you talk about Blue Tooth Lady.
Don't really know the current status of the Omega release with regards to development and testing, but if you and Mojo need any testing help, I'm always available to run it through the gauntlet.
No need to respond if it's chill blue gill

PE - We Bring Good Things to Life
newly kanged slogan by me for you, gratis.

danceswithbongs

·
Android Apprentice
68 Posts
Is it a known bug that the media process keeps force closing, because it wouldn't work on my device. Media would not work.

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
danceswithbongs said:
Grezy
You know how much I love when you talk about Blue Tooth Lady.
Don't really know the current status of the Omega release with regards to development and testing, but if you and Mojo need any testing help, I'm always available to run it through the gauntlet.
No need to respond if it's chill blue gill

PE - We Bring Good Things to Life
newly kanged slogan by me for you, gratis.

danceswithbongs
I just refer to the bluetooth lady because most people know what I'm talking about when I say that lol. This issue has been fixed in upcoming release which is getting closer and closer. I know its been awhile since a true release but the wait will hopefully be worth it.

·
Android Apprentice
37 Posts
So I have a question for you actngrezy, is Mojo real?
I have never seen you in the same forum together.
Or is Mojo the Teller to your Penn?
People are talking. Not about this, but people are talking.

walkin the walk while tappin the talk
danceswithbongs

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yes mojo is real lol. that would be something that would be a little far fetched to make up. trust me if he wasnt real i would have never made a co developer up. that makes no sense. he has been busy lately with work and his computer has been down so he hasn't been around to often lately. gurluvsdroid and many others talk to him so they can confirm this. he did some boot animations for chevyno1 back in the day so he can also confirm he is real.
and what do you mean people are talking but not about this but people are talking. what do you mean? that doesn't sound like its a good thing.

·
Android Apprentice
37 Posts
No I was kidding about mo, I know he exists and has a laptop problemo.
As for the people are talking, that was just a play on the phrase "people are talking".
It's always struck me funny, as once examined it really isn't saying anything, of course people are talking. This is our preferred way to communicate with one another.
That was why I added the second part, "not about this but people are talking."
Clearly a weak FAIL at humor.
If it needs explanation, it ain't funny.

danceswithbongs

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
danceswithbongs said:
No I was kidding about mo, I know he exists and has a laptop problemo.
As for the people are talking, that was just a play on the phrase "people are talking".
It's always struck me funny, as once examined it really isn't saying anything, of course people are talking. This is our preferred way to communicate with one another.
That was why I added the second part, "not about this but people are talking."
Clearly a weak FAIL at humor.
If it needs explanation, it ain't funny.

danceswithbongs
well it did give me a chuckle if you or others said mojo wasnt real. but sorry man i thought you were being serious. whoops.

·
OG Flasher
11 Posts
nwilkins17 said:
Is it a known bug that the media process keeps force closing, because it wouldn't work on my device. Media would not work.
Not sure if my issue was 100% the same but it sounds like it(media process fc'ing and couldn't install apps via market no access to gallery, and a few others). I've experienced the same across multiple roms and it doesn't seem to be the roms fault. Are you restoring settings and apps+data with TiBU? This is where I believe my problem was. After flashing and restoring ONLY missing apps the problem went away. I'm not sure what setting or data it was that I was restoring that was causing the issue but that seemed to fix it for me.

Hope this helps!

·
Android Abuser (LOL)
579 Posts
Is this still 2.3.3 based or is it 2.3.4?

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
this one is based on 2.3.3 and the final is 2.3.4. in testing the tester nor myself have had any of the media f.cs you are taking about yet. but in the beta the apps should have def installed via market. thats on of the main things we test before putting out even a beta.
i def suggest not restoring any data with tibu. its seems to do more harm then good because people restore system data all to often. if you use tibu please do not restore any system data.

·
Android Apprentice
68 Posts
Thanks man, i noticed i restored it after. I usually have no problems, must of restored something i shouldn't have

·
Android Apprentice
37 Posts
I wonder if restoring data that was backed up while on a 2.3.4 ROM would cause any hiccups?
I imagine that it's fine going up in build when restoring but maybe not backwards?

danceswithbongs

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You really don't want to resotr any system data going backwards or forwards.if there's anything different in the system restored data from the system backup could cause problems. data from apps that are on market should be ok to restore from. Most that use tibu backup their data from market apps but anytime I've seen that people who had issues after restoring data it was cause they restore some type of system app data which cause issuse. Personally I just take the hit and lose the data except for angry birds lol.

·
Android Apprentice
37 Posts
Oh didn't mean to give the impression that you should restore system data, except I've never had issue with restoring just alarm clock and user dictionary.
As for regular apps barely any that have data. Even Dolphin Mini lets you back everything up to sd.
I have been lucky with Titanium, knock wood, still yet to cause any issues. Unless super quick ROM setup is an issue.

danceswithbongs

·
Android Apprentice
68 Posts
Yeah, you can restore market apps and data with no problem. I wouldn't restore system data, except for maybe accounts and you should be fine.

·
Android Beginner
302 Posts
actngrezy, greatly appreciate the build man. It's smooth, extra sweet bro, extra sweet. I have a suggestion for an add on. I don't know if you have tried it, but have you thought about adding an option for bootsounds during the boot animation? I looked at your boot animations available with the beta, they are pretty awesome. When I was using SS 5.4, it was a nice addition to be able to change boot sounds on the fly along with changing the boot animation. I found out about it when I was searching around for how to have boot sound during the boot animation. Saw a few youtube videos of it being done on the droid, found a forum somewhere on droidforum.net showing instructions on it regarding SS 5.4, which I cannot seem to find at the moment. Just wondering if you planned on adding it in to the final version of pe6. Just making a suggestion.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts