Android OS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1881 - 1900 of 1911 Posts

·
Android Beginner
27 Posts
QUESTION!? I have tried to use the power scripts included and this is the problem I keep having-
When I try to use #1 it gives me a error in terminal saying
"can't create directory sdcard/unthrottle/backups ': no such file or directory
"can't create directory sdcard/unthrottle/services.bak': no such file or directory
In addition, I can not use any of the scripts because of this issue. Things I have tried to fix this problem: reflashed rom from scratch (shifter rom) exactly as described in the OP- I have also used root explorer and created the folder "ubthrottle" and was able to make the backup from choice #1 but can not use any of the other scripts at all. I have noticed that there is not traces of a "unthrottle " folder when I install this rom- I removed my manual folder before installing rom fresh as well. So what am I doing wrong? HELP!
EDIT- I found the problems- by default the bionic installs all storage to the internal sd- after I installed a Tpak I "ticked" the external storage in settings, moved the folder to SD-EXT and deleted the internal SD untrottle file and Bob's your uncle- excellent rom!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anyone having issues with applications not staying installed on their phones? I've had to download Great Little War Game 3 times now since it won't stay installed. That's not the only application either, but I am not 100% sure which ones are missing I just know there are about 2 more apps not installed anymore on my phone, and it's driving me crazy trying to figure out what's going on.

·
Just Some Guy
1,436 Posts
Anyone having issues with applications not staying installed on their phones? I've had to download Great Little War Game 3 times now since it won't stay installed. That's not the only application either, but I am not 100% sure which ones are missing I just know there are about 2 more apps not installed anymore on my phone, and it's driving me crazy trying to figure out what's going on.
Thats a bionic issue from having apps in Media Area. Go to settings>applications>manage apps>click the media area tab, anything with a check mark you need to click and hit Move to Phone. If it won't let you then you need to just wait until it reappears, sometimes a reboot will do it but sometimes you just need to wait or reboot a couple times..

·
Android Beginner
81 Posts
Thats a bionic issue from having apps in Media Area. Go to settings>applications>manage apps>click the media area tab, anything with a check mark you need to click and hit Move to Phone. If it won't let you then you need to just wait until it reappears, sometimes a reboot will do it but sometimes you just need to wait or reboot a couple times..
It's not just the media area, although that almost always results in issues. All my apps are installed to the phone, and I still lose them on occasion. I think it's the phone, not the ROM.

·
Just Some Guy
1,436 Posts
It's not just the media area, although that almost always results in issues. All my apps are installed to the phone, and I still lose them on occasion. I think it's the phone, not the ROM.
Well its definitely the phone, not the ROM. However are you sure about the first part? I've only had the issue with apps installed to Media Area, nothing has ever disappeared on me if I make sure it's moved to Phone..

·
Android Beginner
81 Posts
However are you sure about the first part? I've only had the issue with apps installed to Media Area, nothing has ever disappeared on me if I make sure it's moved to Phone..
Yup, I double-checked. I can't seem to figure out what causes apps to disappear from the drawer, but they usually come back on reboot.

·
404 = Look Harder
1,212 Posts
Issemann said:
OK, I have build 4.. But what is it?!? Yes, a new ROM for the Bionic. But how is it different from HIFT3R? [P]URITY?

[K]IN3TX is built with the best of both worlds with paks to change your system to either full blur or full AOSP (or as close as we can get for now)

·
Hello Moto
763 Posts
Mastur Mynd said:
[K]IN3TX is built with the best of both worlds with paks to change your system to either full blur or full AOSP (or as close as we can get for now)
Sweet. I see its on 8.894 is this just a system update or is there a new kernel involved with this?

1881 - 1900 of 1911 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.