Android OS Forum banner
41 - 60 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Krypto my brother, I have good news finally. That works. I can upload a link for others if you don't mind.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
Thank the lord, yeah if you don't mind I will also upload it overnight and add your's to the OP as a mirror. The one downside to moving home after graduating I'm back on Windstream's shitty 3mbps down 0.6mbps up connection because I live far out in the country :(

·
Supporting Member
61 Posts
OK so I am sure this falls under stupid questions.... To install safestrap I have to go back to 4.2.2 right? I think I read somewhere it dies not play nice with 4.4?

·
Registered
9 Posts
OK so I am sure this falls under stupid questions.... To install safestrap I have to go back to 4.2.2 right? I think I read somewhere it dies not play nice with 4.4?

That was before Kryptonite fixed his zip. Just install safestrap then flash the zip I linked and be sure you use his script to flash the radio and kernel. As long as you do that you'll be ok

·
Supporting Member
61 Posts
That was before Kryptonite fixed his zip. Just install safestrap then flash the zip I linked and be sure you use his script to flash the radio and kernel. As long as you do that you'll be okSent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
On thanks.... !!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Sorry about the link guys. Uploaded it from my phone. Just got home and fixed sharing settings so anyone can download now.

·
Registered
92 Posts

No that's a valid question, a stupid one would be to post asking if this could be installed by the stock recovery ;) I think I read in the Safestrap thread that someone installed it while on 4.4 I don't know for sure and wouldn't recommend it, I am still on the pre-camera update 4.2.2 bootloader and can't test installing it on 4.4. The point of this ROM is to run new updates on an old bootloader, so long as Moto doesn't change something in future updates that require a new bootloader for the update to run.

·
Registered
114 Posts
No that's a valid question, a stupid one would be to post asking if this could be installed by the stock recovery ;) I think I read someone installed it while on 4.4 I don't know for sure and wouldn't recommend it, I am still on the pre-camera update 4.2.2 bootloader and can't test installing it on 4.4. The point of this ROM is to run new updates on an old bootloader, so long as Moto doesn't change something in future updates that require a new bootloader for the update to run.
I think he's referring to the op of the safestrap thread. Pretty sure hashcode put in there not to use safestrap on 4.4 although it is working fine for me. Also, I can confirm installing from 4.4 worked for me.

Sent from my Motonovo X

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
I think he's referring to the op of the safestrap thread. Pretty sure hashcode put in there not to use safestrap on 4.4 although it is working fine for me. Also, I can confirm installing from 4.4 worked for me.

Sent from my Motonovo X
Yeah I knew what he was talking about, I thought I read in the Safestrap thread that someone was able to install Safestrap while on 4.4. That's why I said I wasn't sure and that I wouldn't recommend trying it!

·
Registered
1 Posts
The process worked perfectly. I'm running 4.4.2 coming from 4.4 .....

Just one minor question, after everything is updated and running,

is there a need to keep Safestrap installed? Just curious. Anyway

thank you KrYpToNiTe and dave3588!!!!!! :goodcry:

41 - 60 of 115 Posts