Android OS Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.2 (JB), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
Code:
#include <br />
/*<br />
 * Your warranty is now void.<br />
 *<br />
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,<br />
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please<br />
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM<br />
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if<br />
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.<br />
 *<br />
 * Submitting bug reports on nightly builds is the leading <br />
 * cause of male impotence.<br />
 */<br />
CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

INSTRUCTIONS
First time installing CyanogenMod 10.1 to your Galaxy Note 2 I605, or coming from another ROM:
- Read known issues ans FAQs
- Flash the latest official ClockworkMod-Recovery
- Copy GApps and CM10.1 ZIPs to your SDCard
- Boot into Recovery
- Flash CM10.1 zip from SDCard
- Flash GApps zip from SDCard
- DO A DATA WIPE / FACTORY RESET (otherwise your device will be stuck at boot)
- Reboot
- Don't restore system data using Titanium Backup!
- Restoring Apps + Data might cause problems and is not recommended, avoid it if possible!

Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 10.1:
- Copy CM10.1 ZIP to your SDCard
- Boot into Recovery
- Reboot

Upgrading from CyanogenMod 10:
- Read known issues ans FAQs
- Copy GApps and CM10.1 ZIPs to your SDCard
- Boot into Recovery
- Flash GApps zip from SDCard
- Reboot
- Wipe data of clock app
- Reset everything under Settings -> Date & Time otherwise editing alarms might cause FCs

DOWNLOADS
CM10.1 official nightly builds:
http://www.get.cm/?device=i605

Google Apps:
http://goo.im/gapps

CHANGELOG
http://changelog.bbqdroid.org/#i605/cm10.1/next

TEAMHACKSUNG SUPPORT CHAT
Webchat: http://webchat.freenode.net/?channel...cksung-support

Server: chat.freenode.net
Channel: #teamhacksung-support

Don't expect any support if you:
- are not running stock cm-kernel
- have installed any mods
- have modified system files

DEAR KANGERS
If you're going to reuse our work, which we're doing for free, be fair and give proper credits.
This is the only payment we're really demanding and we deserve it to be mentioned because of the countless hours we've put into this project.
Open-Source doesn't meant Out-of-Respect!!!

SUPPORT US
If you want to donate a few bucks for the work we're doing in our freetime, goto teamhacksung website and hit the big donate button.
Thanks to all donators!

·
Registered
13 Posts
So, can the Cyanogenmod nightlies be flashed from TWRP? My experience, from 2.3.3.2, is no.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
350 Posts
I flashed using TWRP with no issues.

So, can the Cyanogenmod nightlies be flashed from TWRP? My experience, from 2.3.3.2, is no.

·
Android Addict
698 Posts
Shouldnt "do a data wipe/factory reset" come before you flash the rom and gapps? Wont that erase what just installed? Sorry if I'm way off base. That's how the s3 was which is why i ask

·
phone swap addict
301 Posts
Shouldnt "do a data wipe/factory reset" come before you flash the rom and gapps? Wont that erase what just installed? Sorry if I'm way off base. That's how the s3 was which is why i ask

Yes it should, but wiping those things only removes your data, the rom is in the system partition. So the ROM will still be there even if you wipe afterwards, unless you're in the habit of wiping system also

Reactions: hopesrequiem

·
Android Fanatic
195 Posts
TWRP derped the install and wouldn't let it complete so I installed CWM and it flashed and booted successfully. So far I'm loving it, totally worth the features and customizability at the expense of touchwiz and S-Pen functions. Only a few minor bugs I've found: GPS is hit or miss, NFC is meh, auto rotate and sensors are a little wonky but these are all known. Great work Scott!! (Sbrissen)

·
Android Lover
394 Posts
Amazing how hit or miss the other forum and this one are on each device. Last device was all Rootz. The Note 2 is all on the other forum.

Agreed. Great work! We all appreciate what you've done.

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
Great job on porting this over to the note 2. I used the ROM update inside the ROM and it worked flawlessly. Keeps you updated on nightlies perfectly. CM 10.1 is legit.... I mean. Damn legit

Sent from my SCH-I605 using RootzWiki

·
Android Apprentice
14 Posts
Does the Spen work? Does it have all the features that the Spen offers like the apps? If not yet, will they work in the future? I want to know this before i flash the ROM.

Edit: I noticed the Jelly 'Beans' ROM is probably the most popular one. Would it be the better option for me to use that one because it has the Spen features and still have the AOSP feeling? I just really like having official CM support.

·
Android Lover
394 Posts
S Pen works but you'll never have the same functionality with it as you do with a TouchWiz ROM.

·
Android Beginner
26 Posts
Anyone else getting a download error for June 5th nightlies? Also, anyone getting a com.android.phone stopped working while trying to dial out on yesterday's nightly? I ask because I just bought the phone on CL and want to make sure it's the rom and not the phone. I was hoping today's nightly would fix my issue, but I keep getting the download error. I guess I'll have to try a TW rom to see for sure.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

·
Android Beginner
28 Posts
So I had functionality with a Bluetooth device (it's a little beeper I attach to my keys so I don't lose them) and now the play store says the App is incompatible with my device. Is there anything I can do about that?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using RootzWiki

1 - 17 of 17 Posts