Android OS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Android Apprentice
47 Posts
Update Sept 5

New Base (Desire HD GB Release, 2.50.405.2)

YOU SHOULD WIPE THOROUGHLY IF COMING FROM RR3

Features:
  • RIL for baseband 12.56.60.25P_26.10.04.03_M (See Download post for matching radio in PD98IMG.zip format)
  • Unity V4 kernel (let me know if you still have wifi/network problems with this)
  • de-bloated-ish
  • deodexed
  • zipaligned
  • rooted
  • bash installed
  • nano installed
  • init.d scripts
  • HTC Trace keyboard
  • AdFree
  • RomManager
  • Titanium Backup
  • bootanimation.zip support (place in /data/local)
  • tun.ko
  • cifs.ko
  • 4EXT Recovery
  • extended power menu
  • non-paginated app drawer
  • CRT screen on/off animation
  • overscroll glow
  • stock battery %
  • updated apns
  • 3.0 MMS app

CREDITS:
  • Juicy47 for his base rom (versions 1.0-2.0)
  • mike1986 for his updater-script, init.d scripts, and the addons from his rom
  • LeeDroid for the xml/build.prop info i learned from
  • TurboniumX for the audio fix (versions 1.0-2.0)
  • Zelendel for his extended quick settings

Code:
I came over from the Samsung Captivate so I am a little more familiar with Touchwiz.  Sense is a whole new bag for me.<br />
<br />
I noticed that much like what we had over on the captivate forums, most roms are built for a similar device and ported over via scripts and addons to make it inspire.  I loved what Juicy was starting up with a ROM built for the inspire/canadian DHD.  I wanted to take that a little further and make it more exclusively for the inspire.  <br />
<br />
I have gone through and compiled what I think are the best addons/improvements for the inspire roms and applied it to stock sense 2.1 (sense 3.0 still feels laggy to me after a few days, and ram usage is insane)<br />
<br />
I did this for me and wanted to share it with all of you.  Nothing more.<br />
<br />
Based on [URL="http://forum.xda-developers.com/member.php?u=618292"]Juicy47[/URL]'s [URL="http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1169656"]2.52.1010.2 KT ROM Base[/URL]  Credits to him for laying down a base foundation for me to work with<br />
<br />
[URL="http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1130350"]Unity V4 kernel[/URL]<br />
<br />
<br />
This is a work in progress:<br />
[CENTER][code]RUM Runner Build<br />
<br />
[COLOR="Red"][SIZE="4"]RIL for baseband 12.54.60.25p_26.09.04.11_M2[/SIZE][/COLOR]<br />
<br />
Juicy47's rom already included some goodies like:<br />
[LIST]<br />
[*]HTC Trace<br />
[*]new market<br />
[*]dual mics<br />
[/LIST]<br />
<br />
[B][SIZE="5"]added:[/SIZE][/B]<br />
[LIST]<br />
[*]twitter<br />
[*]facebook<br />
[*]titanium backup<br />
[*]changed SuperUser to chainsdd<br />
[*]adfree<br />
[*]rom manager<br />
[*][COLOR="DarkRed"]EXT4 Recovery[/COLOR]<br />
[/LIST]<br />
<br />
[B][COLOR="Black"][SIZE="5"]removed:[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]<br />
[LIST]<br />
[*]HTC Stocks<br />
[*]HTC scenes (default HTC Scene is left)<br />
[*]boot up sound<br />
[/LIST]<br />
<br />
<br />
[B][SIZE="4"]Changes/Tweaks/Addons:[/SIZE][/B]<br />
[LIST]<br />
[*]default.xml/build.prop changed to be 100% inspire 4g, trying to hunt down last remaining piece to make hulu plus work<br />
[*]gps for inspire<br />
[*]boot animation<br />
[*]extended power menu<br />
[*]crt animation<br />
[*]overscroll glow<br />
[*]extended quick settings with task manager<br />
[/LIST]<br />
<br />
[B][SIZE="3"]added init.d scripts:[/SIZE][/B]<br />
[LIST]<br />
[*]battery calibration<br />
[*]zipalign<br />
[/LIST]<br />
<br />
[B][SIZE="5"]modules included:[/SIZE][/B]<br />
[LIST]<br />
[*]tun.ko<br />
[*]cifs.ko<br />
[/LIST]<br />
<br />
[B][SIZE="4"]Unity V4 Kernel[/SIZE][/B]<br />
<br />
<br />
[/CENTER]

CREDITS:
  • Juicy47 for his base rom
  • mike1986 for his updater-script, init.d scripts, and the addons from his rom
  • LeeDroid for the xml/build.prop info i learned from
  • TurboniumX for the audio fix

[/code]

·
Android Apprentice
47 Posts
4.0 RC1 Download
MD5sum = e1d04a1e777a23c8c35f303ede86827f
Also available in ROM Manager

MD5sum = 8f949d1985ac11cdf782baaaef02b580

Code:
<br />
4.0 RC1:<br />
new base, same great taste<br />
removed pagination indicators<br />
working H+/5bar signal strength on desire HD base<br />
custom wallpaper/4ext recovery<br />
added extended quick settings<br />
tweaked scripts for better memory management<br />
<br />
3.0 RC2:<br />
updated MMS to 3.0 mms app<br />
added overscroll glow<br />
added battery %<br />
updated/increased APN list<br />
<br />
3.0 RC1:<br />
NEW BASE **see first post**<br />
NEW RIL + Radio<br />
<br />
2.0 RC1:<br />
[LIST]<br />
[*]new UNITY V4 kernel<br />
[*]new 2.52.1010.2 KT ROM Base<br />
[*]non-paginated app drawer<br />
[*]slimmed and trimmed a tad bit more, faster first boot<br />
[*]more ram available upon first boot than previous release<br />
[*]fixed last version bug that apparently didnt flash kernel properly (i have tested flashing this from gingerbeast, virtuous unity, cm7.1, etc) <br />
[*]more little tweaks to streamline<br />
[/LIST]<br />
<br />
<br />
1.0 RC1 - initial release<br />

·
Android Apprentice
47 Posts
this rom is an ext3 rom. if you have problems flashing, reboot into recovery and verify your partitions are EXT3

rom has been converted to ext4....shouldnt be any problems coming from any other rom

**i am not responsible for it causing mass hysteria, cats porking dogs, kim kardashian offering me a good time, major government disruptions, tax evasion, or spontaneous combustion

·
Android Apprentice
118 Posts
Hey Pirate, don't know if you're ever on here, but wanted to leave some feedback for v4.0 RC1:
As usual, everything looks good and is pretty snappy. Had to update the market myself, but other than that, great.

However, every now and then com.phone would FC, killing the radio for a bit, sometimes either restart or switch to/from airplane mode would be the only thing to get it going. Also, home would hang from time to time (and occasionally when in an app) with a battery pull being the only remedy. I thought that this was an OCing issue, but still had it when I turned it off.

·
Android Apprentice
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey Pirate, don't know if you're ever on here, but wanted to leave some feedback for v4.0 RC1:
As usual, everything looks good and is pretty snappy. Had to update the market myself, but other than that, great.

However, every now and then com.phone would FC, killing the radio for a bit, sometimes either restart or switch to/from airplane mode would be the only thing to get it going. Also, home would hang from time to time (and occasionally when in an app) with a battery pull being the only remedy. I thought that this was an OCing issue, but still had it when I turned it off.
sorry, i never come over here and update anything. i sold my inspire, but another dev is picking up rumrunner while i move on to the vivid.

·
Android Apprentice
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i updated the original post, but i also want to offer you something else to play with. its the last build i did based on the official AT&T release. RR4 was the desire HD ginger, and i dont think it ever felt complete.

RumRunner 3.0 RC3

this was what i was working on before rr4. i never released RC3 as it only had some minor changes and wasnt worth the effort with something new so close on its heels.

i have gone through, removed the ext4 recovery flash, removed the 3 remaining HTC offending apps that everyone is freaking out about, and cleaned it up a bit. dont think i put in my pyrat rum wallpaper, but i can provide that to anyone that wants it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts