Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
Here is the beta link for everyone, Ill be posting info about it here soon.

DISCLAIMER: As usual, flash at your own risk and don't forget to backup your current installation before flashing.
I take NO responsibility if you brick your phone. By rooting you have already voided your warranty.
WolfRoms takes NO responsibility should anything happen during the flashing process.

Steps:
1.) DO A NANDROID!
2.) A Full Wipe cache/dalvik (Do it 3 times just to be safe)

*Attention*

If your not on .340 you WILL have to SBF back to run this ROM.
ALSO This ROM is carrier IQ free!

Beta Link:
http://db.tt/GspaIjnT

*Shoutouts*
Cyanogen Mod for letting me use their Repo to start the build
All Alpha testers
Google for making Android Open Source
RootzWiki for the Great community

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is built on .340 instead of .602 or .605 ?
For right now yes. i don't own a Droidx so i use what CM7 has as their kernel. All my bug reports and feedback come from the users. I do what i can to squash the bugs and implement new features.

·
No Member Title
48 Posts
Certainly seems snappier than original CM4DX, but it still had the camera and torch bugs, which can be fixed. I can't comment on battery at the moment, I'll see how well it fares tomorrow. But I don't notice many substantial changes, so updating the rom info on this thread would be nice.

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Certainly seems snappier than original CM4DX, but it still had the camera and torch bugs, which can be fixed. I can't comment on battery at the moment, I'll see how well it fares tomorrow. But I don't notice many substantial changes, so updating the rom info on this thread would be nice.
The camera fix is actually bein implamented in the next release. i have the files from the cam fix zip thats floating around. Will be posting that here soon.

·
Android Developer
396 Posts
I am assuming this is for the Droid X but the change log in the 2nd post is confusing where it states this ROM has a custom kernel? Was this meant for a different device?

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
mapatton82 said:
I am assuming this is for the Droid X but the change log in the 2nd post is confusing where it states this ROM has a custom kernel? Was this meant for a different device?
No. I'm going to be implamenting a overclocked kernel in the future. Swy for the confusion

·
Registered
33 Posts
Not trying to SBF back that far...looking forward to a future release for .605! Somebody please donate a Droid X to WOLF! I would Donate mine but its the only device I have!

·
No Member Title
48 Posts
Well let me say, the battery life certainly is a tad better than CM7 official nightlies. However, it's not quite up to par with RevNumbers nightlies, probably because of the gingerbread kernel. I got 12 hours in a charge, where on GB kernel roms I tend to get 16+ in a day. However, it is VERY quick. Probably one of the fastest roms my phone as ever run. The lock screen unlocks with no lag whatsoever, and switching between apps goes by in a flash. If only the battery life were a tad better. Also, data stopped connecting and required a reboot. I don't know what caused it, and it only happened one time so it's no big deal.

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well let me say, the battery life certainly is a tad better than CM7 official nightlies. However, it's not quite up to par with RevNumbers nightlies, probably because of the gingerbread kernel. I got 12 hours in a charge, where on GB kernel roms I tend to get 16+ in a day. However, it is VERY quick. Probably one of the fastest roms my phone as ever run. The lock screen unlocks with no lag whatsoever, and switching between apps goes by in a flash. If only the battery life were a tad better. Also, data stopped connecting and required a reboot. I don't know what caused it, and it only happened one time so it's no big deal.
thanks for all the kind words. as for the data issue. try turning on wifi then turning it off if that doesnt work try it wih airplane mode. if that STILL doesnt work download juice defender from the market then use his 3g fix that comes with the app.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts