Android OS Forum banner

[ROM] | SimplexROM | A5 | Toro |

17K views 62 replies 20 participants last post by  EmericanX 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
This is what I've been spending the little free time I've had working on! It started as a self challenge... and momma didn't raise no quitter! lolThis ROM I still consider alpha... I would expect some issues! I haven't notice any yet.. but if anyone notices any... fell free to let me know! This is still a work in progress but I am very impressed so far with the out come. I am extremely happy with how it is turning out so far. As faras what I'm most impressed by so far is battery life! Typically by lunch (5-6 hours off charger) I'm looking for a place to plug in. First day in onthe latest build last checked was 12hours with 70% left!

::::: Disclaimer ::::::Tampering with system files can be harmful to your device. Should you decide to proceed, you do so at your own risk!Myself, RootzWiki, or any other party cannot be held responsible for what you decide to do! Your device, your decision, yourbrick should something go wrong!::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

-Credits-

Too many developers to note: I've spent quite a bit of time digging through GitHub and other resourcesto start really figuring out what was going on! I want to thank all that post open source. As noted belowI did source my Frameworks/Base from team gummy, but I have purposely stripped alot of the featuresout of it that they implemented. I do not want anyone to think that I am building a KANGED ROM! This ismore of a learning experience for me which I've decided to share with you.
TeamGummy- Sourced Frameworks/Base - Used as base - stripped alot away leaving what I needed.
CM - For some Source! - Toggles.
Dhacker29 - really a helping hand in this process and someone that listened to my bickering when I was stuck! Lol
Doug Piston - for helping figure out root problems
And of coarse Google for android!

Known Issues:None that I'm aware of.
Things added/changed from AOSP:

Rebased Framework/Base for Notification Toggles and Advance power menu.Pulled the required items needed for the SIM card to function properly.Modified build to leave Clockwork recovery in tact...Modified build to Include Busybox & ChainsDD SU - Root ItemsBuilt an Unsecured Boot.img for ADB Root permissions! Removed wifi tether provisions.This was built for personal use... but now that I've got pretty much a stock base that has what I use regularly. I intend to expand on it. As I've stated I'm new to this side of things so don't expect miricles... but if you encounter an issue. Feel free to let me know! Note: My GitHub(Source) is not completely up to date yet. I'm planning on getting that done this weekend!

Download - SimplexROM-Toro-A5 - 3/36/2012-old downloads-1-20-2012 -Download - Full Toro 4.0.3 Aosp-A31-18-2012 -Download - Full_Toro_4.0.3_Aosp-A21-16-2010 -
Download - Full_Toro_4.0.3_Aosp_Rooted

-Change Log-3-26-2012 - Named Rom! lol, Sourced in notification toggles and advanced power menu. Some house cleaning.1-18-2012 - Update "A3" - Fixed calendar sync that was borked on last update. Themed geniewidget(weather)and settings widget backgrounds.1-18-2012 - Update "A2" - Set default wallpaper. Fixed auto correct dictionary. Removed tether provisions.1-16-2012 - initial release

See less See more
#17 ·
I didn't include Gapps on this one. I'll have them in the next. I'm personally using the apps from http://goo-inside.me/gapps/ without issue.

As far as the kernel. Nothing flashy! Its the stock aosp.

Glad to see others are seeing the same results with battery life!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4
Okay, I'll try those. From what I understand in your OP it says that you have gapps included in the rom. Might want to change that... :)

#28 · (Edited by Moderator)
thanks b16!

Market should work just fine. Ive downloaded a few things from it just today.

Navbar mods? I've thought about it and may still do them. But for right now I'm trying to keep it as simple as I can. As stated in the OP, I'm learning as I go along and I dont want to toss something out that's not quite right.

Ask JR, if you're not familiar with my work on the Bionic. My updates may come out a little slower... but that's because I'm anal to try to get things just right... lol

#33 ·
That's exactly what makes it different I would say. I'm planning on leaving this pretty low key.

SimplexROM = Simple, Solid, lightly Modded! ; -)

As I progress I will either branch to another rom or make expansion packs available for those that want the additional features.

Don't take that as me taking anything away from any other rom. There are some great roms and Developers behind those roms out there. I just prefer the minimal side of things.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.