Android OS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Developer
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

This is the official new thread for the SkyRaider Sense. The current release is 4.2. There a lot of changes so please read the change log.​

--==--​

Disclaimer:
Please do not publicly release versions of my work without my prior approval.​

The next version of this ROM has significant improvements over 3.5. Enhancements from CM7 (thanks to the entire CM team for awesome features and a great ROM) and Sense 2.0 will be included to enrich your experience. There are also custom features that were developed during the beta that are completely unique to this ROM. You will not find them anywhere else. My goal is to create a completely original and stable ROM to make using your phone more enjoyable.

--==--

This ROM was heavily tested by a group people for months. I went through several different builds to refine the ROM and provide the best possible experience. I spent countless hours coding and debugging to bring these awesome features in a fully working ROM. I hope everyone enjoys it as much as I do.

--==--​

The links to download are in the second post and in Rom Manager. Don't forget to press the Thanks button!

Hosting provided by BananaBit Technologies. Developers, for sponsoring information contact wifiguru.

Notes:

• Please search before asking questions.
  • Do not post bug reports if you flashed a theme or mod over this ROM.
  • Do not install live wallpaper programs to your sd card.
  • It is possible that your wallpaper reverts on the first reboot.

Change Log:

v4.2:
  • The Switch buttons setting now switches the graphics as well*
  • Setting to change the number of columns in the app drawer*
  • Setting to change the background color and transparency of the app drawer*
  • Added Downloads shortcut to launcher like gb
  • Fixed the ability to save scenes once they are modified
  • [BONUS] option for 15 custom screen off animations (via app) mapped to power button*

v4.1:
  • Six re-mappable Rosie buttons*
  • Custom app drawer shortcut*
  • Can switch phone and drawer buttons in settings*
  • Custom application drawer title*
  • Low space wizard from Sense 3.0
  • Reverted to working Music application
  • Night mode setting now survives a reboot*
  • Added shortcut for the power menu popup*
  • Lock screen haptic feedback now tied to system setting*
  • Update Wireless Tether toggle so single press toggles each time and long press goes to settings
  • Shortcut to Wireless Tether settings in Wireless & networks preference page
  • Fixed lock screen sliding tab graphics
  • Fixed Stocks widget
  • Fixed services.jar so it can be de-compiled
  • Easter egg (can you find it?)

v4.0:

• Brand new ROM constructed from the Nov '10 OTA
  • Features SkyRaider settings* (has launcher icon)
  • Gingerbread themed by default (thanks trock79 for your help)
  • New boot animation (thanks gadget!)
  • Hibernation
  • Reboot menu
  • Fully working gb keyboard (with inline word replacement)
  • Features a custom Rosie launcher

• Re-mappable right button (on-the-fly)*
      Install LP for access to lots of activities
    • Long-press shortcuts*
    • Sense 2.0 widgets
    • Sense 2.0 drag bar
    • Drop to uninstall*
    • Edit button for quick access to settings for any icon/widget*
    • Option to configure set live wallpaper*
    • Re-arrange screens
  • Four custom lock screens

• CM7 style: tab, rotary, rotary revamped and HTC
    • Switchable on-the-fly (no reboot required)
    • Lock screen gestures
    • Several unlock options
    • 30 Custom icons for custom sliding tab* (thanks gadget! for the icons)
    • Customize text on sliding tab*
    • Run custom activity from custom jogger
    • music controls + options
    • track skipping via volume rockers & trackball while screen is off
    • Can force controls to use HTC music app only*
    • HTC World Clock alarms work without the HTC lock screen*
  • Notification widgets

• Show/hide recent apps bar*
    • Show/hide text under recent app buttons* (saves space)
    • Show/hide power widget
    • Lots of new toggles*
    • Long-press power toggles to access settings*
    • Set indicator color
    • Select power toggles + options
    • Re-order toggles on-the-flly
  • User interface settings

• CM7 render effect
    • Trackball wake
    • Enable/disable big End Call button during a call*
    • Run custom activity from home key
    • Accelerometer settings (full 360 degrees)
    • Night mode* (disable button LEDs)
    • Show/hide debugging icon
    • Enable/disable kill activity via back key long-press
  • Custom Wireless Tether*

• Version 2.0.7
    • Custom icons*
    • Can start/stop via the power toggle*
    • Long-press toggle for settings*
    • NOTE: If you uninstall or update this using the Market, the toggle will no longer function
  • Spare parts under SkyRaider settings*
  • Custom HTC skinned tip app*

*Exclusive SkyRaider features

-= Thanks Again to Everyone that Donated and Tested =-

·
Developer
111 Posts
The ROM install works with both Amon_Ra and Clockworkmod recoveries and is cwm 3.0+ compatible. For the time being, flashing mods over this ROM (other than what you find here) is done at your own risk. I do not guarantee any will work. Themes will be available here. If you want to experiment, be my guest. Just remember to backup your data.

WARNING: I am not responsible for any damage that may happen directly or indirectly to your phone as a result of flashing this ROM. Thank you for taking a risk and flashing my ROM! :D

When using Titanium restore applications ONLY and no SYSTEM DATA!!

Directions for link:
  • Download the ROM from the link below
  • Place it on your sd card
  • Reboot into recovery
  • Do a nandroid backup
  • Perform a full wipe
  • Select "install zip from sdcard"
  • Select the file and you're on your way to happiness
Directions for ROM Manager:
  1. Download ROM from ROM Manager under Ihtfp69
  2. When it finishes, select both options (wipe and backup)
  3. Rom Manager will reboot and install what you have chosen
  4. Profit!
Directions for Web Connect:
  1. Setup Web Connect in ROM Manager Premium
  2. Open ROM Manager, press Menu>Web Connect
  3. Once it says successful, you are ready to go
  4. Click the phone icon next to the link below and your phone will start downloading it
  5. Profit!

v4.2 --> SkyRaider_42_FullRelease.zip

MD5: cba118b109b138128fc3d99454eac1c1

IMPORTANT: If upgrading from 4.1, you can opt to download the upgrade patch in lieu of the full ROM. If you are upgrading from 4.0, download the full rom and flash without wiping. Just make sure to uninstall wireless tether and adobe flash if you do not wipe.
Upgrade Patch: SkyRaider_42_upgradepatch.zip

Addons
NOTE: Your launcher may restart about 8 times after installing this add-on
Included:

• Coinflip
  • Day Challenge
  • Dice
  • Note
  • Sand Timer
  • Tip Calculator
  • Today In History
  • Word of the Day
--==--​

·
Android Apprentice
40 Posts
Hey there ihtfp69! I'm rocking a Thunderbolt (proud BAMF user) and am going to help my brother root his Incredible tomorrow. I've downloaded all the different drivers, the unrevoked reflash tool, etc. and I also grabbed a copy of this ROM, as I've heard from many many people that it was their favorite and a great combination or speed, stability and various options/tweaks. I'm wondering if I have to do anything else once I have him rooted with s-off and CWM installed? Mostly, I'm wondering if there has to be any kind of new radio flashed to use this. I'm assuming that isn't the case but wanted to check to make sure. I'm pretty sure you would mention that somewhere in the post if it was required. Also, does this ROM include a custom overclockable kernel? TIA!

-cmotion

·
Developer
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You should be fine unless your brother's phone has an old radio version 1.x. The release radio that came with froyo should be fine.

Sent from SkyRaider Zeus

·
Android Beginner
2 Posts
ihtfp69 I was wondering I just flashed this rom and I love it. But I have a problem I cant get passed the start up menu when I flash it. it lets me get half way thru setting stuff up then reboots and repeats this procces. I am not sure if this is where I should look for help. And please tell me if this is the wrong place I am not trying to bother you at all!! Thanks agian in advanced!

·
Android Beginner
2 Posts
Also I am very familiar with flashing/rooting/etc, Just wondering if im doing something wrong or if I just got the runt of the litter when I got my phone?

·
OMGWTFBBQ!
190 Posts
Anyone experience an issue where there is an activity spinner constantly spinning next to the Wifi/3G icon?

This icon remains visible after multiple reboots & I've verified that it "appears" as though nothing is syncing still under "Accounts & Sync". Ideas?

·
Android Beginner
2 Posts
JagoX said:
Anyone experience an issue where there is an activity spinner constantly spinning next to the Wifi/3G icon?

This icon remains visible after multiple reboots & I've verified that it "appears" as though nothing is syncing still under "Accounts & Sync". Ideas?

Check your accounts & sync page of your settings, i know flickr used to have the issue of constantly syncing, disable one at a time and see if it is fixed. It might not show that's its syncing on that page.

Your other option would be to force close application by application until it stops in the application manager

·
Android Beginner
2 Posts
aLeXandEr said:
ihtfp,
Very good to see your work over here as well...
Gladly SkyRaidin' on an aging Inc.

(profile name & avatar altered but not the user !)
Are you saying our phone is old already :-(

·
Advanced Novice
94 Posts
ihtfp69... I am glad to see you on here! Thank you for my favorite ROM ever! I started out with SR and tried every other one out there, but now I am back with 4.2 Just a couple quick questions. Do you recommend Go Launcher? I really like that particular home replacement but I cant get it to stick as default. The application settings show it as default but I am constantly prompted to select it or SR launcher when I hit the home key. Also get some random momentary screen sticking, lock screen sticking and other minor but annoying issues that are similar. I flashed 4.2 over 4.1. I haven't messed with the kernel, but I did flash one of your boot animations from Rom Manager.

If you have any ideas I'd love to get this thing rocking! I'm definitely on board with throwing a donation your way as well!

·
Android Beginner
40 Posts
Well in the societal imposed rat race we are suppose to call life, yes...
Don't get me wrong I am love my Inc, especially with SkyRaider, the ROM my Inc. has run most of it's life!
But I have seen the beginnings of exodus to other phones 3+ months ago already,
and expect that by it's 2yr B-Day pickin's will be slim...
I will be keeping mine till my contract is up less than a year from now, but expect to have another phone before then.
That way I can use my Inc. to do some deeper Android learning without missing those important calls and messages, my wife will like that ;)
I apologize if you or anyone was offended, I didn't mean too, this phone is solid!

·
Android Beginner
3 Posts
'ihtfp said:
[BONUS] option for 15 custom screen off animations (via app) mapped to power button*
I installed the app and the screen off animation does not function with the power button. I activated the permissions in the app, and it works when I run it from the app drawer. The phone has rebooted 3 times as well as re installing twice. Also, all window animations are showing. Any ideas?

Great ROMs by the way. It's all I've used for the past year.

-Mooney

Edit: I re wiped everything: dalvik, cache, and 'system restore'. Re-installed Skyraider 4.2 and Screen Off and Lock, restarted phone and the app asked for the permissions which I gave it. The app is still not mapped to the power button. Anything else I can do?

·
OMGWTFBBQ!
190 Posts
ximfinity said:
Check your accounts & sync page of your settings, i know flickr used to have the issue of constantly syncing, disable one at a time and see if it is fixed. It might not show that's its syncing on that page.

Your other option would be to force close application by application until it stops in the application manager
Flickr is not even installed or set up on her phone. All that is set up is Facebook, Google accounts (obviously ;) ) and her Exchange (work) email.

Haven't gone through disabling each one but it also does the save thing on a friends Dinc that I also set up the same way (except he also has Twitter and Flickr accounts added.)

·
OMGWTFBBQ!
190 Posts
JagoX said:
Flickr is not even installed or set up on her phone. All that is set up is Facebook, Google accounts (obviously ;) ) and her Exchange (work) email.

Haven't gone through disabling each one but it also does the save thing on a friends Dinc that I also set up the same way (except he also has Twitter and Flickr accounts added.)
Found out it's the Facebook for HTC Sense app. Force closing it removes the icon but it comes back shortly afterwards :(

Side note...using Chad's Sense kernel & radio 11.19.

·
Android Beginner
1 Posts
I can't seem to get any ROM to flash other than CM7 (which I am totally annoyed with). I have now downloaded Virtuos, MIUI, and Skyraider 4.2 all from Rom Manager and each time they have loaded it just boot loops. I was really looking forward to trying SR and hoping it would work for me and be a daily driver. Anybody else having this problem or am I just SOL with flashing? Should I be wiping system data? I only chose wipe dalvik and to backup existing rom, could that be the problem I'm having?

·
Android Beginner
6 Posts
"cigars n scotch said:
I can't seem to get any ROM to flash other than CM7 (which I am totally annoyed with). I have now downloaded Virtuos, MIUI, and Skyraider 4.2 all from Rom Manager and each time they have loaded it just boot loops. I was really looking forward to trying SR and hoping it would work for me and be a daily driver. Anybody else having this problem or am I just SOL with flashing? Should I be wiping system data? I only chose wipe dalvik and to backup existing rom, could that be the problem I'm having?
You need to wipe everything

·
OMGWTFBBQ!
190 Posts
Anyone having an issue with Gmail not updating properly now?

Noticed this nothing that it wouldn't sync today's email...and even after fully removing, rebooting and reinstalling it still doesn't update properly.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts