Android OS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Developer
112 Posts
Hey guys, I will no longer be supporting my roms and other works on this site. All future updates can be found on my website:

Installation Instructions

NOTE: I use CWMR 5X. Some wipe options below are not included in earlier recovery versions. Still wipe what is available the best you can.

1. Put Rom on the root of your SD Card

2. Compare MD5 Sum

NOTE: To verify MD5 you could use the program for Windows that I use here: MD5 Calculator

Or if you use Linux you could just run this command from Terminal as Linux has hash built in:

Code:
md5sum rom_name.zip
3. Reboot to Recovery

4. Wipe these:

Main Screen:

wipe data/factory reset

wipe cache partition

Advanced:

Wipe Dalvik Cache

Wipe Battery Stats

Mounts and Storage:

Format-

/boot

/system

/datadata

/data

/cache

5. Install Rom from SD Card

6. Reboot and enjoy!

Note: First boot is really long!

SPECS:

Android 2.3.3 (Gingerbread) with HTC Sense 2.1 w/some 3.0 hints
If you like the work I put into this, please please please rate my thread and press thanks! I need to know what yall think.

Ok guys, I need to get a bit personal before we get to the link.

Everything I do for Android is done in my own personal free time for fun. You are not doing me any favours by using this Rom. I am not obligated to customize the Rom to what you want, modify it to fit your needs better, resolve bugs you encounter or owe you an update. I am aware of most bugs still in this Rom and I am actively working on fixing them. When I get fixes I will update at that time. However, you are free to take my Rom or parts of it at free will and modify to your hearts content with out my permission. That simple. You don't like something about my Rom, then change it on your own. If I can find the time to do the research and mod,change what I want, so can you.​

Download Hybrid Speed V7

MD5 Sum: 4ef82062873fce2f37c7ee61f8e44795

Common concerns and general info

Roaming: This is a feature built in to all Sprint Roms. The setting is still there once I port it to our phone but it does not effect us because we are on Verizon. I can actually remove that setting all together and all the 4G stuff you see as well. I just haven't had the time to get around to it. Anyone who ever used my Pure Speed Rom knows... I did the same thing for that Rom. Its what us Devs commonly refer to as 'DeSPRINTing'. This Rom still has most Sprint settings in it. I'll be getting those cleaned out and replaced with Verizon with in the next few updates. Take it as this: YOU WILL NOT BE CHARGED FOR ROAMING.

Bluetooth: I haven't heard of any reports yet for this not working properly. I don't use BT myself so it wasn't really high on my priority list. Since this has been brought up now though, I'll look into it. I have an idea.. just need to test it. Again, with in the next few updates.

WiFi: I'm glad to hear this is working properly. If one person says it is working then that means success. Now this doesn't mean it will work for everyone. I can't control this and I also have no way to test this. But for now more and more people that it is working properly and thats all I need to know.

Kernel: Just use the kernel that is provided with this Rom. It isn't the new OTA kernel but it doesn't really matter. It has all the modules included that anyone needs. Minus overclocking. Overclocking hasn't tested well for me with this Rom so I suggest not using an OC kernel at this time. Maybe when source drops I can sweet talk Tiny into hooking me up with my very own kernel for my Roms or at-least teach me the proper way to build my own(which I've already taken upon myself to start learning).

Themes and Mods: Guys, I'm very swamped and really don't have time to be setting around making them. I'm more of a Rom developer and not a themer. However, if you have an idea and I think it would actually be better for the Rom then I may consider working something out to get it into my Rom. This statement doesn't mean that 'I don't know how to'. I just don't have the time. Now with having said this, if yall have a mod that you really like that you have tested and know 100% that it will work with my Rom as is then please by all means run it by me and at least I will post it in my mods section. I have no problem doing that. For reference: If anyone is familiar with aamikam's mikG 2.5 for the EVO 4G should know that any mod for that Rom will also work for my Rom. That Rom is what my Rom is based off of.

CHANGE LOG:

Code:
[B]V7:[/B]<br />
<br />
Put in my icons from Desired<br />
<br />
Updated Superuser. This requires you to manually update the binary<br />
<br />
Do this by running a root app and you will get a notification in the <br />
<br />
status bar. That will let you update the binary.<br />
<br />
Added the new Verizon Waves LWP<br />
<br />
Swapped in Talk2 from the Vigor RUU<br />
<br />
Update to the build.prop<br />
<br />
Updated the default.xml's<br />
<br />
Added the major forums to the browser<br />
<br />
Added my personalized Maxthon browser<br />
<br />
Added DSP Manager for sound<br />
<br />
Removed the word 'Phone" from the center button. This looks cleaner.<br />
<br />
Updated some system apps<br />
<br />
Updated Netflix<br />
<br />
Removed Mybackup<br />
<br />
Moved more stuff to make more Ram<br />
<br />
<br />
[B]V6:[/B]<br />
<br />
Minor update. Updated some of the icons per request of some users. Changed to custom blacked out pullring made by me. Uses Nils kernel and modules. Wifi should be all good. Wipe cache's and flash.<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
[B]V5:[/B]<br />
<br />
New MikApps tab in rosie with some selected apps (themikmik forums app, mybackuproot, <br />
<br />
maxthon, netflix in hd).<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
Recent apps removed.<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
Rosie right button now remaps to any app by <br />
<br />
long pressing and picking the desired app. Thanks<br />
<br />
ihtfp69 for the original work and Mik for getting that <br />
<br />
to us.<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
Adding animation to KB popup.<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
Adding new custom over-scroll color.<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
Cleaned out a few more files and put some back in <br />
<br />
that were previously taken out.<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
[B]V4:[/B]<br />
<br />
Minor update<br />
<br />
Uses the modified OTA kernel with fixed wifi. Thanks Nils for <br />
<br />
getting that out to us.<br />
<br />
Couple little icon tweaks.<br />
<br />
Updated Maxthon.<br />
<br />
Put Netflix HD back in.<br />
<br />
Added in the new theMikMik Forum app.<br />
<br />
For those who need WiFi this will be a 'worth it' update.<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
[B]V3:[/B]<br />
<br />
New base-Thanks aamikam<br />
<br />
Updated market apps<br />
<br />
Added more cool toggles to quicksettings (reboot menu, airplane mode, <br />
<br />
each media vol is available, flashlight turns on, etc.) Huge thanks to Skyraider and aamikam.<br />
<br />
Fixed Mms compression issue.<br />
<br />
Voice search issue should be gone.<br />
<br />
Added the streaming fix to be applied on 1st boot.<br />
<br />
Added in a couple of the new Desire wallpapers.<br />
<br />
New kernel.<br />
<br />
Added in new modules, huge thanks to Tiny.<br />
<br />
Fixed WiFi. I think. I don't have a way to test this.<br />
<br />
Honeycomb battery mod with percentage.<br />
<br />
Working mms/sms. Note: Not sure about over WiFi. I don't have a way to test this.<br />
<br />
Cam works really good.<br />
<br />
Advanced reboot menu.<br />
<br />
Screen Calibration.<br />
<br />
CRT animations w/on and off in display settings.<br />
<br />
High RAM<br />
<br />
Very nice update!<br />
<br />
Not fully DeSprinted, Do not update PRL!!!<br />
<br />
FULL WIPE is highly recommended<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
[B]V2:[/B]<br />
<br />
Major system info overhaul, adjusted email settings to Verizon settings, <br />
<br />
Set browser home page to MY Verizon, added back in a cutom 3.0 lockring<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
[B]V1:[/B]<br />
<br />
Initial Port (Thanks again EvOkings for the base)

·
Super Developer
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey guys, this is sorta a project I had pushed to the side, but thanks to the help of aamikam and the ota I'm thinking about bringing her back out and putting the new kernel and fresh libs in. I gotta couple other things gathered up that if works out this should be a pretty nice daily. probably be done in the next couple of days pending the outcome of my shooter and shift rom.

·
Android Apprentice
71 Posts
"poontab said:
Just loaded up V4 & I'm very impressed with the speed. Thanks!
Sorry but you mean v3??? If not where is the v4 link? If u have flashed this how is everything running and the ram on it?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.