Android OS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
847 Posts
Here is a CWM flashable package for the EP1Q leak. This will flash the latest version of CWM, my hacked EP1Q kernel with EXT4 support, and the stock EP1Q leak. The only thing done to the ROM is that it has been deodexed. The kernel is the one I just posted earlier today, and the recovery is the latest CWM file I posted (8/7). This can be used to get on an EXT4 version of the ROM. You will still need to flash the modems via Odin though.

Instructions
  1. Be on a Froyo ROM with a Voodoo Lagfix kernel and lagfix activated
  2. Download the ROM and transfer it to your SD Card
  3. Reboot into Recovery
  4. Flash the ROM in CWM
  5. Wipe Data/Factory Reset from Recovery
  6. Restart your phone and enjoy EXT4

·
Premium Member
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ms0chez said:
So after doing this we should flash ep1q radios?
Only if you want to update them, but given the positive feedback from users already, I don't see why you wouldn't want to use the new radios.

·
Average Android
418 Posts
imnuts said:
Only if you want to update them, but given the positive feedback from users already, I don't see why you wouldn't want to use the new radios.
I'm confused @[email protected] Sorry but I thought you said we will still need to flash the modems via Odin in order to get the new radios?

Sent from my GummyCHARGED Charge using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, you need to flash the new modems via odin if you want the new modems. However, I haven't heard of any issues with running the EE4 modems on EP1Q, so it isn't a complete necessity

·
Android Apprentice
31 Posts
So imnuts, Say one wanted to return to Froyo

1.Could I flash a froyo rom with a voodoo kernel?
2. Could I restore a nandroid of my setup prior to flashing EP1Q
3. Could I flash the full EE4 with pit?

Which would be the safest and most successful?

·
Android Apprentice
34 Posts
well flashed this then flashed the kernel you posted and i still has no roots. ::sad panda:: maybe ill try the process all over again and see if it makes a differenec

Edit: tried again and still nothing. ill wait for you to fixy in the morning. still love that im on ep1q. havent had any luck with any other flash but this. great job keep up the good work.

·
Premium Member
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
blackdraggin said:
well flashed this then flashed the kernel you posted and i still has no roots. ::sad panda:: maybe ill try the process all over again and see if it makes a differenec
Try again and see if it works. If bot, I'm going to update both packages in the morning and re-upload with the fixed kernel.

streetlightman said:
wait a minute, for your steps you say to flash the ROM and then wipe data then reboot and you're done?

how does that work?
The kernel is included in the ROM zip, so after flashing, you'll have the EP1Q ROM and hacked kernel.

Sent from my DROID Charge

·
Android Fanatic
195 Posts
streetlightman said:
i flashed this and then the hacked kernel as you said in another thread and still no root :(
did you try flashing superuser as a .zip in CWM? that fixed it for me

·
Android Lover
400 Posts
imnuts said:
Here is a CWM flashable package for the EP1Q leak. This will flash the latest version of CWM, my hacked EP1Q kernel with EXT4 support, and the stock EP1Q leak. The only thing done to the ROM is that it has been deodexed. The kernel is the one I just posted earlier today, and the recovery is the latest CWM file I posted (8/7). This can be used to get on an EXT4 version of the ROM. You will still need to flash the modems via Odin though.

Instructions
  1. Be on a Froyo ROM with a Voodoo Lagfix kernel and lagfix activated
  2. Download the ROM and transfer it to your SD Card
  3. Reboot into Recovery
  4. Flash the ROM in CWM
  5. Wipe Data/Factory Reset from Recovery
  6. Restart your phone and enjoy EXT4
If I got to TE and mount it says all my stuff is on EXT4 do I need to do anything else? I am on GC 1.9.1 and if I don't need these radios then I don't want to add them. Please let me know

1 - 16 of 16 Posts