Android OS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. You know the drill. Fully deo'd and rooted KH2.

Includes
~ Fully deodexed
~ Stock kernel
~ Stock modem
~ ALL bloat
~ Root
~ Busybox 1.19.0
~ dun dun dun... CRT ON & OFF ANIMATION! (Yes! BOTH!)

Flash through recovery like you would any other rom. I see no reason why Drhonk's KG4 Voodoo kernel would not work on this.

DON'T FORGET TO DISABLE VOODOO!!!!!!!!!!
DOWNLOAD <<<<< Deodexed KH2 with CRT on/off enabled
MD5: 013996CCE36082407F6393425DF8B2F8

No need for screenshots. This is STOCK.

Thank you and please enjoy.
Oh, and as always credits to Krylon360 and Chainfire on finding/decrypting the leak! :android-smile:

·
Android Apprentice
23 Posts
Thank you, I'll be flashing when I get home from work tonight.

·
Android Beginner
7 Posts
Please go easy on me. I'm a n00b on coming back after years of being on XDA-developers during the Windows Mobile era, and being on iOS for the last few years. I'm trying out Android and this is my first foray into tweaking/hacking my SG4G.

I applied the KH1 leaked stock firmware via Odin (not currently rooted), and it seemed easy enough that it was an .tar.md5 file. But this attachment is a .zip file. Can I use Odin again, or do I have to "flash with recovery?"

I tried renaming to update.zip and applying in it in Recovery Mode, but it says I don't have enough space to perform the update. I'm trying to avoid wiping out my device yet again and redoing all the apps and settings, but is that the only method?

Thanks in advance.

·
Android Apprentice
13 Posts
First, download the rom zip to your device sdcard. Do not unzip. This isn't meant for odin.

Since you already have kh1, find drhonks kg4 kernel and flash it with odin, which would give you cwm recovery... boot your phone into recovery mode, disable voodoo, and apply update from zip (choose this rom, not update.zip) and then make sure voodoo is still disabled, boot your phone, check everything is working, install busybox from market, open it, install it to /system/xbin and reboot into recovery again, enable voodoo and that's it.

hopefully I didn't forget something important.

·
Android Beginner
7 Posts
Thank you, mikesoft. Your instructions were very clear and helpful. When I applied this firmware, I obviously lost the kernel and CWM in the process, so I reapplied it in Odin and got it back in order to enable Voodoo (don't know what that is yet, but I'll look around to find out). Is it bad that I'm on KH2 with a KG4 kernel, or is that just for the recovery? Is there a KH2 with CWM, or don't even bother, since there are likely going to be more updates down the pipe?

·
Android Apprentice
13 Posts
BeyondtheTech said:
Thank you, mikesoft. Your instructions were very clear and helpful. When I applied this firmware, I obviously lost the kernel and CWM in the process, so I reapplied it in Odin and got it back in order to enable Voodoo (don't know what that is yet, but I'll look around to find out). Is it bad that I'm on KH2 with a KG4 kernel, or is that just for the recovery? Is there a KH2 with CWM, or don't even bother, since there are likely going to be more updates down the pipe?
It was said on other posts that KG4 mod kernel was going to be compatible with all GB roms, so probably that's why we haven't seen a kh2 or any other mod kernel. Most likely developers are waiting for official GB release which should be any time now.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts