Android OS Forum banner
41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Android Nerd
105 Posts
Hey guys!

Just picked up a new 10.1 today, tried to install this rom, and for some reason it is showing me no internet access even though wifi is working. Also, it is showing the battery idicator with a x over it like it is not charging, and i dont think it is...

Any help on these issues would be great!

Thank!
Not sure about the internet as I'm new to the tab myself, but the x over the battery indicator I might have an answer for. Do you have your tab hooked up to your computer with a USB cable? If so that might be why. I can't for the life of me get my tab to charge while hooked to the PC it will only show that X over the battery indicator.

·
Android Beginner
32 Posts
Not sure about the internet as I'm new to the tab myself, but the x over the battery indicator I might have an answer for. Do you have your tab hooked up to your computer with a USB cable? If so that might be why. I can't for the life of me get my tab to charge while hooked to the PC it will only show that X over the battery indicator.
There's an edit you have to make to allow charging over USB - dig around, you'll find it... I don't have a link to the forum post I read a while back that had it, so I can't link you - and it may have been over on XDgay... Google is your friend.

·
Android Apprentice
124 Posts
There's an edit you have to make to allow charging over USB - dig around, you'll find it... I don't have a link to the forum post I read a while back that had it, so I can't link you - and it may have been over on XDgay... Google is your friend.
So is this thread. USB charging has been addressed already. Generally I just answer the question again but c'mon... you can't look through 40 posts?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I did find the stock ROMs on XDA. Thanks.

I just installed this ROM but I can't get it to charge over the USB port on my computer. Anyone have any ideas as to why that is? Thanks again!

EDIT: Nevermind, I fixed it. For those who have this problem in the future, install this:
http://droidbasement...6_fp-121111.zip

It's pershoot's latest kernel and it makes it so if you type this command:

adb shell echo 1 > /sys/class/power_supply/battery/force_usb_charging

it enables USB charging. This command:

adb shell echo 0 > /sys/class/power_supply/battery/force_usb_charging

disables it.
New vto this forum, but am a mod over on TalkTalks official support forum, and it's amazing how many peeps will not search, even when the info is plastered up there as a sticky. Lazymousefinger syndrome

·
Android Apprentice
124 Posts
It would help if they made it easier for noobs to search. I often have trouble finding all of the search options myself. :)

This ROM has been updated a couple of times since this release. It's a lot more active on xda.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
so can you flash this one on the tmobile 10.1?

i dont care about 3g HSPA+ because i dont have tmo anymore so i dont need data im using wifi only.

just wondering if it will work. this is the only rom i have found that i really want to use

·
Android Apprentice
36 Posts
By far the best tab 10.1 rom. Without source task can't do any better than he already has. I know he said on xda he was going to try and get the camera to work on ics, by any means gave no guarantees or etas. Just gonna have to sit back and wait for Samsung to drop source. Hopefully soon, otherwise may jump ship and pick up the nexus 7

Sent from my SCH-I535 using RootzWiki

41 - 54 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.