Android OS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Syboxez - the secret dev.
167 Posts
Team SyEnce presents to you:

What is King Kang?

King Kang is essentially a hybrid ROM - its a mixture of AOKP, CyanogenMod, and ParanoidAndroid, bringing all their customizations to one rock solid and quick ROM. These numerous features combine to create a blend of features not seen anywhere else before. Make the user interface yours with this ROM. Change the DPI the ROM runs at, tweak the interface to your hearts content, while enjoying great battery life and stability. Never before have these features combined to create a ROM as feature-packed as King Kang. Credits for the features goes directly to the teams responsible - AOKP and CM for their respective work, and ParanoidAndroid for their wonderful DPI on-the-fly modifications. Without these teams, this ROM would not be possible.

This is a merge of AOKP, CM10, and Paranoid Android done by DAGr8. Thanks to him

This is an UNOFFICIAL ROM. If kittens start to raid your house in mass, then I am not responsible (also, take a picture and post it on Reddit for archival purposes)

Thanks to:
- DAGr8
- Team KANG
- Team Douche
- Rohan32
- Paranoid Android Team
- Google

Link to ROM: http://goo.im/devs/i...-UNOFFICIAL.zip

Flash normal jb gapps of your choice. These are recommended: http://d-h.st/1C0 4.2 gapps by KillDroidHack.
Please report any bugs to this thread, and I'll see if I can fix them, I threw this together for fun, and didn't do that much testing.

I also became really lazy and kanged Team KANG's boot animation.

IMPORTANT NOTICE:

Due to the request of the Paranoid Android team, I have removed ParanoidPreferences.apk.
To use it, download this CWM flashable zip. Thanks to chickentuna for putting it together, slightly modified from the original: http://d-h.st/DLR
Sorry for the inconvenience.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Great ROM, feels very smooth with Franco's r298 kernel.

My findings so far:

1. Everytime I change the UI under "Settings/ParanoidAndroid Settings/Launch" to Tablet, Phaplet or Phone the device is stacked at the boot screen (I have to pull the battery out and the reboots fine with the new settings)
2. When I try to enter Screen Security under "Settings/Lockscreen" I get a settings FC
3. Torch in AOKP toggles not working
4. Camera app when in Tablet UI not working

Some screenshots:

·
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great ROM, feels very smooth with Franco's r298 kernel.

My findings so far:

1. Everytime I change the UI under "Settings/ParanoidAndroid Settings/Launch" to Tablet, Phaplet or Phone the device is stacked at the boot screen (I have to pull the battery out and the reboots fine with the new settings)
2. When I try to enter Screen Security under "Settings/Lockscreen" I get a settings FC
3. Torch in AOKP toggles not working
4. Camera app when in Tablet UI not working

Some screenshots:

Thanks for the bug reports. Will look into them. Mind if I use the screenies in the OP?

·
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Updated to 16.0.0

·
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm going to completely rebase the ROM tonight off of King Kang (http://github.com/kingkang). This ROM is way to buggy to be a good ROM for the Nexus. Please do not flash this ROM in the mean time.

·
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Updated. Menu bug is fixed.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am trying to install this ROM on Galaxy Nexus GSM 9250M. I wipe all data/factory reset and wipe cache and install the zip file then when i reboot system it gets stuck the the google loading screen and will not boot.

Anyone have any solutions?

Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am trying to install this ROM on Galaxy Nexus GSM 9250M. I wipe all data/factory reset and wipe cache and install the zip file then when i reboot system it gets stuck the the google loading screen and will not boot.

Anyone have any solutions?

Thanks
+1

... send with GNx - JellyBAMed ...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts