Team Tiamat Xoom Rom
First off a note from brd himself :
"bigrushdog said:First and foremost, I would like to thank my wife Christy for putting up with the 100+ hours it took me to get the storage framework working. I told her I would be taking a break after this and I am. It is likely that the coming OTA will render most of this rom unneeded. However, I just have this thing with pwning Motorola Also, I would like to thank Roach from the Transformer team for breaking the back of the smali roadblock. Also, I have to thank Dr1337 from #xoom for making me double check the MediaProvider.apk manifest I hope you guys enjoy this rom. Be sure to read the change log and follow all instuctions when flashing. Thanks
This rom is presented to you buy the following winners:
- Roach`- Without him, we would be nowhere!
- Kelvie - Thanks for the wpa_supplicant
- Steady Hawkin - Init.d support
- Jewremy - For the battery circle mod
- Bazar6 - For fixing up the icons left over from themeing.
And now the rom!
This is a completely deodexed rom, based on the 3.2 wifi system image. However just because Google and Motorola haven't released 3.2 for the verizon xoom that doesn't mean we don't support it! Thats right. We support 3g devices on 3.2 before Google have even released it.
- NATIVE 3G SUPPORT
- SDCard support via mtp. NOTE: your sdcard will now be at /mnt/external1
- Modified application permissions to allow applications that can write to /sdcard to write to /mnt/external1
- USB OTG (On The Go) support. Your usb drives will now be mounted automatically under /mnt/usbOTG
- Android media services scan both internal and MicroSD for media (Gallery, Music, etc)
- Fast boot times. Your boot times are simply amazing with this rom!
- Storage controls in the notification area and in the settings menu!
- Powered by Tiamat Kernel Katana 2.0.0.
- Pre rooted with su and Superuser
- Pre-installed busybox and iwmulticall.
- Desktop UA String
- Modified battery images & animations.
- Wi-Fi Ad-Hoc Mode
- Estrongs File Explorer
- Easy charging light controls
- Init.d boot scripts enabled
- OpenVPN binary and script - Credit CyanogenMod
- Applications files (apk) located in /data/tiamat_first_boot_install will automatically be installed.
- Applications are zipaligned on boot
- Cron service
Important Notes : A MUST READ
- Your microsd card is now mounted at /mnt/external1. You will also be able to access this via MTP.
- Unless you are upgrading from 1.1 or an private beta, you will need to wipe.
- If you're on a EURO 3G device, please note that this rom should install the correct build.prop for you, but you will still need to backup & push your telephony databases. See here.
- We know about the layout changes in applications such as Settings. This is due to how we had to decompile framework-res.
Prerequisites: Clockworkmod Recovery (Recovery 188.8.131.52 R4C is still reccomended) and a MicroSD card for installation.
- OPTIONAL, BUT RECCOMENDED: Backup your internal applications with Titanium backup
- Download the 2.0 Rom and the 2.0.1, and place it on your external sdcard
- Restart into Recovery
- Perform a nandroid backup, and keep this safe!
- Perform a factory reset within recovery (Wipe data / factory reset) NOTE: Only required if you're not on the 1.1 rom.
- Install the rom
- Install the 2.0.1 Update zip.
- Welcome to the party