Android OS Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Your personal savior & black Jesus
685 Posts
My advice is purchase the TiBu license if you haven't already. It lets you skip the "install?" & "done" portion of the restore. it's A LOT faster & well worth the money. The license also carries over to your phone too so you can use it there as well.

·
Android Beginner
103 Posts
Please excuse my ignorance if this is obvious... But I am set to receive a xoom in the mail today. I see that ICS is set for the xoom soon, so I have to ask, will installing this rom conflict with that? It looks like a great rom but I also can't wait for ICS. Also would rooting cause an issue with moving to ICS?

·
Android Apprentice
85 Posts
kipland007 said:
Please excuse my ignorance if this is obvious... But I am set to receive a xoom in the mail today. I see that ICS is set for the xoom soon, so I have to ask, will installing this rom conflict with that? It looks like a great rom but I also can't wait for ICS. Also would rooting cause an issue with moving to ICS?
If u put this rom on; later on when Motorola official release of ICS for Xoom comes out u won't be able to get it. U will have to flash back stock images at that point. Same thing with root. U want everything stock when they release a OTA if u want to be able to get it and install nd load properly. But I think Xoom won't get OTA for a couple months probably around same time Droid razr is suppose to get ICS.

·
Average Android
119 Posts
skiwong20 said:
If u put this rom on; later on when Motorola official release of ICS for Xoom comes out u won't be able to get it. U will have to flash back stock images at that point. Same thing with root. U want everything stock when they release a OTA if u want to be able to get it and install nd load properly. But I think Xoom won't get OTA for a couple months probably around same time Droid razr is suppose to get ICS.
Motorola committed to 6 weeks after Google's final source release. I'd say it's worth installing, this ROM is awesome. Once the update drops just backup and start from scratch.

·
Android Beginner
103 Posts
Thanks - I've set it up and am loving it so far. One more silly question though - can I swap SD cards on this easily? I know it can cause some problems with phones if you root, and I'm not ready to destroy anything yet. I only ask because I used an old 2gb card for the root/mount process and I'd like to upgrade to a 16.... thanks!

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

21 - 26 of 26 Posts